• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 20, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 20, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 20, 2020

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    My body is confusing me

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    So i started limiting the calories im eating last month and started doing cardio 5 times a week, and everytime i go to the scale it stayed the same, i lost 0.5" of my waist and an inch on my stomach on my second week but that's it, no results after that, so i lost faith in what i was doing, so i kinda stopped doing cardio 4 days ago and 2 days ago i went just a little over my calorie goal and yesterday not only did i go over but i also ate fast food and alot of sugar, and just this morning i checked my scale and i lost 0.5 kg and i also lost 0.5" in my waist, i am bloated but that's probably because im gonna get my period soon.

    So does anybody know what's happening to me and do you guys have any suggestion on how i can effectively lose weight with this information? Im so close to reaching my goals so anything will help, Thank you!

    Also i am 17 years old, 45.8kg (last time i checked) im 5'1 and i limited my calories to 1000 to 1200 each day

    edit: i do HIIT workouts (30-40 min)

    submitted by /u/sparkly-cheesecake
    [link] [comments]

    Are these good Macros

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    These are my Macros in My calorie App, I am 15 year old 5ft'9 139 pound Male and exercising 3-4 times a week.

    Total calories on rest day: 2300

    Protein: 163 grams

    Carbs: 230 grams, 40 grams of those fiber and 77 grams of sugar, but only 23 grams of refined sugar,rest comes from fruit.

    Fat: 68 grams, 20 of those saturated and 25 unsaturated.

    submitted by /u/Lootkuh
    [link] [comments]

    Help with my physique (18M/5'6/148lbs)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/xbYlo5r

    Hi, I'm currently bulking. I've been training for about a year and a half now. I used to lift a lot but now I mainly focus on cardio and calisthenics. I'd like to achieve a leaner overall look after my bulk.

    Some questions I currently have are: • my upper pecs aren't very defined, and despite changing my chest workouts in various ways to try and target the upper pecs more - I never seem to get any more definition. Would i see more definition after a cut or am I doing something wrong? • according to online calculators, I'm actually around 10% body fat. My waist is 29". If I cut fat, will i actually get leaner? And is it safe to do so? • in general, what do you guys think I could do to improve my physique, I do feel a little bit lost.

    Yesterday I got some gymnast rings. I'll be doing most of my workouts on these from now on which will hopefully give me a more natural look. Cheers.

    EDIT: Not that it makes much of a difference, but I'm actually 19, that was a typo.

    submitted by /u/gawge_
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No spotter

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I go to gym alone and I've read that the squad an deadlifts are really good compound exercises. But I am scared of doing it because I don't have a spotter. How can I do it save?

    submitted by /u/juan-nauj
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m in hotel iso atm for the next 14 days. Here’s what I’ve been doing. Feedback?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    I'm currently in hotel isolation for the next 14 days as I just travelled back home. I have no gym and I have confined space. Been researching prison workout videos.

    Here's a run down of my workout - any additions would be recommended.

    -100 push ups -100 sit ups -20 sec mountain climbers x 3 -5 sec cannonball crunches x 3 -20 squats x 3 -10 jump squats x 3 -35 sec planks x 3 -20-30 mins each day.

    Nutrition is whatever the hotel can provide but I've been intermittent fasting for 15 hours a day, actively eating between 8am to 7pm approx.

    What should I expect after doing this for 14 days?

    submitted by /u/theeclecticon
    [link] [comments]

    Time spent at 80-90% max HR

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    I know everyone has a different maximum heart rate. I'm wondering what is okay for your average heart rate during a typical 45 min cardio session such as cycling, when cycling 4-5 times a week. 27F, 121lbs, 5'2

    My average heart rates for 45 minutes typically can be 170-180

    However if I'm really pushing I've gotten to 185 average.

    What are your typical heart rates during cardio and how often do you reach your 80-90% max a week? Do you experience any consequences from doing this 4-5 times a week?

    submitted by /u/BlueberryblossomTree
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Recommendations

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    My apartment complex gym doesn't seem to be opening back up anytime soon, so I'm thinking of just joining a gym. My primary goal is weight loss, but would like the opportunity to change that up once the goal is met. I've made significant progress just using a treadmill, but would like the opportunity to leverage resources for ideas on enhancing progress and beyond. Does anyone ha e any recommendations of what gyms are etter than others?

    submitted by /u/soda_cookie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment