• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: I don’t have a left arm

    Beginner Fitness: I don’t have a left arm


    I don’t have a left arm

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    I was born without my left arm, everytime I do a push-up, I do it with my one and only, right arm (on my knees because I'm not on that level yet). Obviously my right side is more defined than my left side, but can I change that? Is there anything that I can do, so I can balance things up, like my back, shoulders, chest, etc?

    submitted by /u/Diogo_____PT
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    If I weigh 190 and normally squat ~300lbs, is there any point or value at doing standing bodyweight squats? Feels like nothing is going on.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I understand there are single leg variants and pistol squat variants that can make it harder. I'm talking about just zero weight bodyweight squats, high rep.

    submitted by /u/xinwow
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 11, 2020

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My elbows don’t flatten. Also I did a squat

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    I can only bend my elbows to about 135 degrees or so - I can't make a straight line with my arms. Not sure why, but I was wondering if anyone knows how this would impact my desire to finally get in shape and start lifting.

    Also a minor brag: sorry to tack this onto my post, but I'm excited yet had no one to share this with. I finally did a squat without falling over! I'm 300 lbs and not in any shape at all so this is a huge milestone for me that I worked up to even one squat. I can soon lift with my knees at work and maybe save my back from years of pain!

    submitted by /u/Veridically_
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Century Fitness Trainings Station a good compromise?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    https://www.cardiofitness.de/century-fitness-trainings-station.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1cX0BRBmEiwAy9tKHpyCnmPBYmD7vqMUQFhCLkpbBTQ2cz80ZmVDAWM9rxeZaXXqa8fITRoCZckQAvD_BwE

    I miss my MMA Gym and I don't have a pullup bar. Do any of you guys have experience with machines such as this one? It looks Like the distance between the punching bag and the pipes May be too small.

    submitted by /u/DeathByLeprosy
    [link] [comments]

    Does exercising actually accelerate fat loss

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Does exercising actually help accelerate fat loss in some way, or is it just another tool to help you get into a calorie deficit?

    Currently I just lift and diet. I read I should be doing HIIT to burn more fat, but I don't see the point if I can achieve the same results by dieting myself into a calorie deficit.

    submitted by /u/rlothbroke
    [link] [comments]

    Help with sports bras?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    So, I'm looking for a high/medium impact bra that isn't going to cause sagging (a huge fear of mine with my breasts already sagging alot!) I literally dont know what to choose to where to even look.
    I see lots of full support bras for bigger women but im like a 34a/b cup :( any help is really appreciated! (looking for something not costing alot of money too :/ )

    submitted by /u/kiwiikitten
    [link] [comments]

    Can muscles be only one type? (I can't flair this?)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    I looked at the wiki and browsed the internet but found nothing

    Your muscles can be used for explosive or controlled movements, does that mean if I train only explosive my muscles won't work well-controlled and vice versa. And with how low reps mean strength, does that mean you can't have muscles with endurance and strength at the same time, only one or the other, or a mix in percentage?

    submitted by /u/LordOfNothi
    [link] [comments]

    Can I gain progress by working out in between study sessions?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I'm going to do this anyways because it helps me focus in the run. I'm going to start working out in between doing some problems to get my blood flowing. A little bit of blood flow helps my ADHD. I am going to do this anyways just for my mental health but I would also hope it doesn't affect my gains.

    Here's an example of something I would do

    I can do about 75 straight push-ups if I were to max out

    I would do sets of 25 after about 25 minutes of problem-solving for math.

    I don't like to do too much and max out or do more than two exercises but would rather keep it to two exercises like planks and push-ups or air squats and bicep curls just as an example. If I do too much exercises for let's say 10 minutes I get to hype and I get in the mood to work out instead of studying so I'd like to keep it short but keep it frequent.

    Presumably if I were to do 10 sets of 25 push-ups throughout the day that's 250 push-ups Waymore than if I were to just max out at 75 push-ups. However if I were to do the sets 25 push-ups I would have less time under tension then if I did 75 straight. I train for MMA so I like to have a little bit of both of strength intensity and a little bit of lean muscle mass.

    How do you think this would work in the long run in terms of my gains if I were to switch to doing this and working out no longer than 10 minutes in a row straight but doing my workouts more frequently so I can keep myself entertained and have blood flow.

    It's close to exam weeks and so because studying is a priority I'll be doing this for a month before I go back to my regular workouts of 45 min-1 hr 30 min. I've been working out for five years so I consider myself advanced if that helps. My theory is that I won't get a lot of games because I'm already semi advanced but I guess I'll keep you guys updated.

    submitted by /u/Theworksavage
    [link] [comments]

    If I’m a young adult, weight 150 lbs, and lead a sedentary lifestyle, what changes will I see if I start rowing for 20 minutes a day, run 2 miles 5 times a week, and start a Keto diet?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    I have a water rower in the garage that's just collecting dust at this point and I really want to lead a healthier lifestyle/get a toned body. I would also like to add that i'm 5' 9" or so.

    submitted by /u/theSUandpokemonkid
    [link] [comments]

    I think I've been doing the deadlift wrong for months now? You're supposed to use your arms to pull the weight? And not just your legs?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I just discovered that today. I feel so dumb. I've been trying so hard to work on my form and everybody was telling that I just need to imagine pushing the ground away. So that's what I do. I just engage my leg muscles, and my arms are just there to hold the weight as I straighten. I didn't realize I had to also engage my arms or upper body to also PULL the weight...

    submitted by /u/Prey12
    [link] [comments]

    What's a work out I can do while also excercising my puppy on our walk? She is to young to run for another 4 months.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Should I just focus on stretching my tight and weak body? I have no excercise experience. We walk 4 miles a day over two walks. Should I bring a dumbbell and curl while I walk? When she starts running we'll start pooch to 5k and I want to be just as nimble and prepared as she is to start.

    submitted by /u/MjrTomisOutside
    [link] [comments]

    Absolute Strength

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Curious if anyone has ever heard of or tried Kyle Hunt's Absolute Strength program/ebook. Not sure if it's worth paying $20 for and haven't really found any good info on it other than what's on his website.

    submitted by /u/schapman22
    [link] [comments]

    Is lifting weights all day doing anything?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    I'm a teenager, I'm trying to get into fitness because having huge arms and a fat ass would be dope as hell, and having man boobs sucks gorilla aids. I've developed the hobby, during quarantine to just walk around my house pumping and curling a 10 pound weight all day. I don't really know anything about fitness, or physiology, and I don't know if what I'm doing is doing anything.

    To be clear, I'm not working out all day, I'm just lifting a 10 lb weight, switching arms when the other is tired. I'm not going hard or anything, and I wouldn't even call it exercise.I rarely get to the point where I'm in physical pain. But I saw that high weight and less reps are for muscle building, and the other way around is endurance. 10 lbs is reasonably heavy for me because I'm a bitch, but I heard that it's destroying muscle and rebuilding it stronger, is that true? Sorry for sounding like I'm on ADD, I'm a newb at all this stuff, any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/willc144p
    [link] [comments]

    Slow af metabolism + cardio workouts

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I keep seeing things online saying that if you have a slow metabolism you're never gonna lose weight/get toned if you're doing cardio workouts. I often see this message on fitness ads for whatever they're trying to sell. And I just wanted to know if it's true? And if it is true what can I do about it? Is there a way I can speed up my metabolism or are there specific work outs for slow metabolism? Because I'm not going to lie it makes me feel like shit when I hear stuff like "you aren't going to get your perfect body if you have a slow metabolism.." or that it's going to be harder. Surely it ain't true?

    So yeah what can I do?

    submitted by /u/Hi_Jen
    [link] [comments]

    Maintaining gains when cycling

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    So I've been doing 531 for about 4 years now and last summer I decided I really liked cycling. I put in about 300 miles between July and September and basically bulked from November until now strictly doing 5-3-1. Now that summers around the corner and the temps are picking up, I'd like to utilize the road bike again to help with the cut. The thing is I don't want all my gains to slip right down the drain.

    I know that I must continue lifting to maintain that muscle, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I'm not necessarily looking to continue gaining size at the moment, but rather cut some of the fat away so that those improvements are recognizable. Do I lower weight and keep the same volume? Do I raise the weight and decrease the volume? I planned on getting 1-2 rides in per week burning around 2K-2.5K calories per ride. Any input is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/B1gJerm44
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment