• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 15, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: How do you know if you’re quad dominant?

    Beginner Fitness: How do you know if you’re quad dominant?


    How do you know if you’re quad dominant?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I've been going to the gym for about a year now (21F) and I've never had a personal trainer, so most of my workouts I've learned from more experienced peoples at the gym or videos. I can lift a decent amount of weight, I'm definitely not the strongest but for my build I'm proud. My friend and i were doing hip thrusts with 70lbs on each side and a personal trainer came up to us and started trying to give us advice. Let me just say he isn't a fit beast so I was like okayyy but listened. I tried out what he told me to and I instantly started feeling it on my quads and no longer my butt so I told him. His response was "you must be quad dominant" which left me kinda in a "what!?" State of mind. I can lift a decent amount with my quads but I can't get them to actually "grow" which don't get me wrong I'm trying but they're growing super slow!! When I told him that he said being quad dominant doesn't mean your quads grow fast which left me even more confused. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and train legs 2x a week and I've never had anything like this happen to where when I was training a certain part of my leg I started feeling it somewhere else. Could I maybe be quad dominant or does this sound like he might not know what he's talking about? I'm really confused!

    Edit: he had me hip thrust against an exercise ball which I've never done and I felt like I had to keep myself from sliding off. I believe that might have been why my quads starting working harder but correct me if I'm wrong.

    submitted by /u/ya124
    [link] [comments]

    Exercise routine for downtime During the day?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    I just found out I will be working from home for the next couple months. As a quick background I have numerous times during the day where I have anywhere from 15-30 minutes open. At work, besides walking, this obviously doesn't allow much.But during these times while I am at home, would it be a good idea to workout at these various times when available? If so, how would I develop a plan? I just feel like now that I have options (treadmill, weights etc) how can I get the best use of this? I'm fairly new to exercise and working out but I'm feeling motivated and feel like if I could make use of that downtime it would help me stay committed. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/HellenKellersMonocle
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 15, 2020

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Have you noticed a difference between eating more calories/carbs in the evening versus most of the calories around the workout/in the morning while cutting?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Tell me your experience please, because I noticed my previous periods where I was getting leaner, I ate most of my calories in the morning or right after my workout. In the evening I ate way less carbs, more protein and vegetables and got seriously lean.
    My last 2 cutting cycles I ate carbs around my workout, but also had many of them in the evening. I found it was harder to reach that level of leanness I had in my previous cutting seasons. What's your experience with it?

    submitted by /u/Anthony-Intensity
    [link] [comments]

    So.... What should I do?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    I am afraid of catching this virus, but I still wanna work out. I have a few weights, but I wanna do cardio as well. Is there anything I can do, anyway I can creatively integrate cardio into a workout that doesn't involve me going outside?

    submitted by /u/mercwithakeyboard
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wrist and it's size

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    I'm a Male 22 years old . I've been hitting the gym regularly for around 11 months now and my favourite muscle to train is forearms because it really gives you that dominant look and helps you with a lot of other compound movements but what fascinates me is that people say we cannot grow our wrists. My question to them is we were not born with the same size of wrist as we have now which means our wrist has the potential to grow. I would love to know about different wrist exercises and if there's a reason as to why wrists cannot grow any further please explain.

    submitted by /u/kurama5598
    [link] [comments]

    Gym precautions during these times

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I still plan on going to the gym during these strange and hectic times, but I would love to know what precautions everyone is taking.

    There is a lot of mixed and false information out there, so I would love to know what others in this sub are thinking!

    Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing from you all.

    submitted by /u/StamfordBridge9
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad so to cardio everyday on top of weight lifting?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I do weight lifting everyday and cardio on leg day. Is it bad to do cardio everyday? I have energy I could run the marathon 20 times a day. Just curious is it bad to do cardio everyday? I do leg day plus cardio; what if the next morning do cardio plus chest day, then cardio plus back. I learned to wait 48 hours between each muscle group. Now that I've introduced more cardio into my leg day I'm just curious would doing cardio every day be beneficial? I workout 2 hours a day have to cut myself off at about 2 hours because I have things to do. Since I have this energy should I go for it? Really wondering if anyone else is doing cardio everyday on top of weight lifting!

    submitted by /u/Torinto101
    [link] [comments]

    What's exactly meant by the resistance of a resistance tube/band?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Does it mean the max amount of resistance it gives when stretched to all its capacity OR the resistance it gives when it's stretched from it's natural state initially?

    submitted by /u/NRJ1024
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment