• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 8, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 08, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 08, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 08, 2020

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a maximum amount of calories your body can burn in a day?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Is it true that you body only consumes so many calories per minute, hour, day etc. I read it somewhere the other day and have been wanting to ask someone. I can understand why it would be a thing but I'm not sure it's true. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Gabilzy
    [link] [comments]

    Leg workout that doesn't put strain on the knees

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Hello, I've suffered a knee injury, but I want to keep working out. What are some exercises that train your legs, but doesn't put strain on knees?

    submitted by /u/Legionnairr
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it take to lose visible progress?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Hi there. So, I had been working out for a good 6 months straight, seeing great progress, feeling stronger, looking toned. But a few weeks ago I was going through a little rough patch and started missing workouts here and there. Then this week I didn't workout at all. And now I feel like I've lost so much progress but I can't tell if I'm really seeing it or if I'm just expecting it since I haven't been consistent. How long does it usually take to get back to where you were before you missed a week? Is time off ever a good idea? Does it ever act as a "jump start" for you guys? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/blueprintredprint
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay if I don't have a set routine?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    when I'm at the gym, I do 3 sets of 10 reps for almost everything, but I don't go from bench press, to bicep curls, one day I might go from dumbbell bench press to bicep curls and then into bench press, is this okay to do?

    submitted by /u/DatMagicalPerson
    [link] [comments]

    Question regardless progressive overload.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    If I keep increasing the overload every session I do, what to do when I come to the point that I can no longer increase? For example of I can't lift weight harder than the previous one, or of I increase the reps to the point that it's too much? Do I have to decrease at one point or even start from the beginning? Sorry for questions like this, I am new to this.

    submitted by /u/xthecomplex
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed for re-entry

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I need some advice because of my future training and the goals I want to reach.

    I am 29 years old and 185cm tall (&"1') and did no sport whatsoever in my life. My weight was 100 kg (220 lbs) at that time.

    I started going on a radical calorie deficit in 2017 and started working out: Gym 3 times a week (leg, shoulder, arms especially) and going for a run once a week (aaprox. 6 km/ca. 4 miles). This worked out for me: I gained muscles because of high protein food and lost plenty of weight so I went down to approx 80 kg (175 lbs). This was at the end of 2017. I never managed to go below 78 kg in my life.

    After that I started going on a high calorie diet and working out again. I gained some muscles and especially my arms really looked good but I also got a bit chubbier. I was at 86 kg (190 lbs) then.

    Then my personal life got really messy and I quitted doing sports. I was able to maintain my weight though and I am now at 83 kg (182 lbs).

    Now I want to start training again but I have some questions no one could answer in a satisfying way:

    1) What bothers me the most about all this is that now I am skinny while wearing clothes but I still have a little bit of tummy. There is no tone in my core and I am far away from a sixpack. Do I have to lose more weight to establish this or should I start doing some good core exercises? I think my body fat is somewhere around 20%. Should I start going on a calorie deficit again or should I start building more muscles first?

    2) What is your advice for me? I want to gain muscles but also get rid of the last bit of tummy fat.

    I can provide photos if needed for further examination. I found this link

    https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_glossy,ret_img,w_610/https://powerliftingcheck.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

    and I do look like something between 20% and 25%.

    I am kinda frustrated because I am highly motivated to get my gains and lose the last bit of tummy fat but I have seriously no idea how to do so. Diet again? Going under 78 kgs first and building up muscles after that? Or high carbs, hard training and gaining muscles first and shredding after that? Or maybe just a slightly low calorie deficit and training?

    Thank you very much

    submitted by /u/tischbein90
    [link] [comments]

    Shoulder width

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    When people say that building muscle helps maximize shoulder width it makes me confused because when you measure shoulder width you do it on your back from shoulder point to shoulder point and these "points" are bones so how can building muscle change your bones? Am I measuring wrong? EDIT: I think this was a bad question because your muscles on your shoulders get bigger so that will obviously increase the length!

    submitted by /u/xenharmony
    [link] [comments]

    Body fat percentage question

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I lost some weight and wanted to keep track of my bodyfat. The problem is that with different methods I get quite different results. I'm using a body fat scale that says at the moment I'm sitting at 24,1%. I also used the Navy method. I come to a BFP of 16.1%, if I measure the points that it says in the formula. I'm unsure about the right locations for measuring. It says to measure just over belly button. This is a rather small part of my belly. My biggest point is definitely further below my belly button. If I use my biggest belly size I come to a BFP of 20,7%. What might be the closest to reality?

    My measurements:

    Height: 171 cm

    Sex: male

    Age: 26

    Weight: 67 kg

    Neck: 36 cm

    Belly Button: 81 cm

    Biggest belly circumference: 87 cm

    submitted by /u/katatafisch
    [link] [comments]

    How do I achieve this shoulder/tricep ratio that my favourite athletes have?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    So I noticed that my favourite athletes have similar shoulder/tricep ratio? (Big shoulders but not too much muscle on triceps or so it looks like it to me). I guess my question more so is: how can I get triceps that aren't bulky?

    Here are some examples:

    (https://m.imgur.com/a/LPJ9UGg)

    submitted by /u/clearlynotbutterfly
    [link] [comments]

    Shoulder width question

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I'm curious to know how to measure it...do you measure the width of the shoulder points as well or the length UP TO the shoulder points only?

    submitted by /u/xenharmony
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove muscle knots

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:57 AM PST

    I have had many many muscle knots all over my body and for nearly 2 years those knots in my feet, shoulders, back, legs and glutes constantly cramp throughout the day. Pretty much anytime I do a task that requires physical activity. I have recently been going to the chiropracter and getting deep tissue massages. Is there anything else I can do?

    submitted by /u/jwch20025013
    [link] [comments]

    Carbs only for breakfast and before workin out?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:13 AM PST

    So i know to lose body fat you need to be calorie deficient, and it doesn't matter what diet you really choose. But i seen this interview with ASAP Ferg and he just kinda threw in that he doesnt eat too many carbs cause his whole family is stocky, being in a similar situation,is jt a good idea to cut carbs to just breakfast and pre working out?

    I follow a more powerlifting based program

    submitted by /u/ineedenlightment
    [link] [comments]

    How to remain physically fit

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:52 PM PST

    Small things I can do to be more physically fit. I am just 21 years old and okay when it comes to fitness. I try to eat a lot of fruits, walk as much as I can, climb stairs instead of using escalators and lifts and consume very little fast food.

    Anything else I can do? A few things I have been thinking of is to consume more dairy, especially eggs. Dont know anything about protein or fiber etc. Any resources would be super helpful as well. My main goal is to stay in a decent shape and not get tired doing basic things as I grow old.

    There is so much advice online like dieting, keto etc. Some people say its good to go on a fast sometimes, some say eat a lot of carbs.

    submitted by /u/theguy2108
    [link] [comments]

    A powerlifter who looks small, please explain

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:01 PM PST

    So im fairly new to compound movements and recently in my new gym there is this dude who comes EVERY SINGLE DAY i even asked him and he said he doesnt like to rest ( ik its not healthy) etc etc etc. Anyways if we stand next to each other u would say im more fit then he is (im 6'1 and he is 5'6 around 65kgs? ) but boooooy does he lift heavy, i mean super heavy for the way he looks, for someone that strong, how can they maintain such a small frame and how can a small frame or muscles lift such heavy load, idk if this makes sense but yah. Other than his diet and non rest is there any other factors that doesnt let him get "Bigger " but still stay strong

    submitted by /u/throwawayprivacy1234
    [link] [comments]

    Is Stairmaster just for women?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    I've become a bit bored with running on a treadmill for my cardio so I thought going on the stairmaster would be cool. The problem is in the 3 months I've been going to the gym I've never seen a guy use it, only women use them all the time? Most of the dudes are just usually pumping hard at the weights or warming up on the treadmill.

    I know this is probably a very stupid question but I'm really curious if it's just a coincidence that I haven't seen a guy use the stairmaster or if it's the norm.

    submitted by /u/Kyusenka
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment