• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 29, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 29, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 29, 2020

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Cardio and leg day

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    How often can I do cardio like running and cycling to lose weight if I workout legs twice a week with weight exercises like squats, Lunges, deadlifts etc.

    Thank you for reply

    submitted by /u/Zambeee
    [link] [comments]

    Mini Workouts

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Would many different "mini" workouts throughout the day be the same as one full-body workout for say an hour? Say I do squats in the morning, then an upper body with weights mid-morning, some sit-ups later, cardio in the evening ect. To fill the quarantine days. Normally I do an hour at the gym 3 times a week but now I'm losing motivation and just go do a 30-minute run/walk after I come inside I don't want to do anything more.

    submitted by /u/schmooglette
    [link] [comments]

    Barbell Curl or dumbbell curl?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Greetings, Fitness-Community!

    I am fortunate enough to have both barbells and dumbbells at home, so I definitely want to integrate them in my program in the best possible way. I am training in kickboxing since a few years, and was used to train with an calisthenic approach, using my own bodyweight. However, since a few weeks I finally have got my home gym assembled and started to pump the iron.

    Since I am still new to weight-training I am wondering how barbell curls and dumbbell curls compare. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

    About me:
    As I said, i am training in kickboxing, also trailrunning is one of my passions, so it should be obvious that I do not aim to become a bodybuilder or a powerlifter of any sort. My overall training-goals are strenght, cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, agility; overall athletic ability, I think you get the main idea. I would not be opposed to gaining some pounds of lean muscle (quite the contrary, I would definitely welcome it!), but overall, aesthetics play at best a tertiary role in my training plan.

    submitted by /u/silverbird666
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do i cut on more calories?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    176cm, 74 kg, male

    I'm currently cutting down to about 70 kg, but i feel like eating 1800 calories a day is becomming way too hard now.

    I find myself snacking on stuff around the house often without counting it.

    I sucessfully lost 10 kg, and i just took a maintenance week. But now i feel like i cant go another 3 months like this.

    What can i do? More mass? Surplus? How?

    submitted by /u/druggachoppa
    [link] [comments]

    why do crunches burn so much?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Ä° have this in no other musclegroup, is it the high reps? Burns like hell when i go until failure doing crunches.

    submitted by /u/Forgotmyoldone1997
    [link] [comments]

    Weight fluctuation on a cut

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm 25 6ft and currently 90.8kg. I run 30-35 miles a week and do my best to keep normality on gym wise doing weighted bodyweight exercises while the gym is shut. I eat 2000 to a max of 2500(only on days when I've ran 8 or so miles and done weight training) with around 150g protein a day or so.

    But I'm noticing my weight fluctuates alot. Like last week I was 90.7 a few days ago I was 91.5 and.today 90.8 What causes this sort of fluctuation? Its confusing as I'm 100% in a calorie deficit and visibly I'm looking better.

    submitted by /u/V2015
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck with plates only

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    I'm stuck at home with two 5kgs and two 10kgs plates only. I don't have a barbell. I need suggestions regarding workouts to do for each muscle and will I be able to build muscle with only plates?

    submitted by /u/Jessepinkman_7
    [link] [comments]

    Better form of cardio for muscle gain?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    HIIT or steady state (like treadmill, eliptical, jogging, etc.)

    For context, I just finished my second month of training and I just entered my third and I've been wanting to incorporate cardio so I can remain athletic and improve my cardiovascular health. I do about 15 minutes of HIIT at home 3 days a week and I like it, but if it impacts my gains, I might reconsider.

    Mainly asking because I see different answers for this question, some say HIIT and some say steady state, I don't really know. I just need an answer.

    submitted by /u/justinbieberismymans
    [link] [comments]

    Chris Hemsworth’s Centr

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Now for us Aussies adapting to home workouts with limited equipment, who's tired Centr?

    What are the best workouts for maximum strength work with little equipment

    Keen to hear people's ratings of the different workouts it has to offer

    submitted by /u/beckn11
    [link] [comments]

    Help me help a beginner.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    Hi everybody,

    I have a female family member that's asked me to help her get fit. She asked me because I'm in decent shape and I've done a lot of different things over the years (lifting, long distance running, was in the army, CrossFit, ect.) and I really want to help her get healthier.

    The problem I'm having (not trying to put her down) is that because she's 27 and never really exercised, she is too weak to do anything I can think of. Are there any "Couch to 5k" level programs out there for women's all around fitness?

    She currently doesn't have access to a gym due to the virus, and I don't think she'll want to go to a gym anyway.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/HighDragBigHat
    [link] [comments]

    When to stop cutting?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    I am a beginner(M25) who is trying to understand the fitness world. I have been trying to do an extreme cut for the last 8 weeks and have reduced my body weight to 64 kg(141 lbs) from 75 kgs.

    My height is 178 cm which puts my BMI at 20. I am still not satisfied with my body fat level(I don't have access to tools to measure this, but I am guessing by looking at the mirror). Is it healthy to go even below my current weight to continue my cut? Or is there something else that I should be doing.

    submitted by /u/sanket1729
    [link] [comments]

    Dumbbell safety - product Question

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Does the following product exist?

    Is there some grip or strap that has one end wrap around the handle of the dumbbell and the other end wrap around a wrist?

    So that if the dumbbell slips, the dumbbell hangs from the wrist and does not fall on foot?

    Thank you for your time and interest.

    submitted by /u/MerryMermaid
    [link] [comments]

    Cutting without proper lifting

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    So I just finished my first ever bulk during these 4.5 months of bulking and I've put on quite some size and strength going from 76kg->86.7kg (188cm/6ft). My body fat also went from 19-20 to 23% (estimates since I've never actually measured but you can check out the post I made in r/gainit to see photos). So what I was thinking was doing cutting since it seems like gyms are going to be closed for quite some time. I only have access to a 7.5 and a 5 kg dumbell and push ups (which I have a lot of progress to make since I can do only 12). My question is, will a qut be possible with this equipment and training while maintaining good amount of lean mass?

    submitted by /u/iamkoosh
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness Contest Suggestions?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Couple buddies want to have contest over the next month. What's the best (fairest) way to track calories burned so we can see each other's results?

    submitted by /u/bakersoccer13
    [link] [comments]

    Cardio that wont affect my thighs?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    Im an apple shaped gal with a tiny bit of pudge on my tummy, but a small butt and zero fat on my thighs. They're anorexic looking and I'm going to start strength training during quarantine to try and give myself a more hour glass figure. The problem is I wanna flatten my stomach as well, so I need to do cardio. What cardio can I do that wont affect my gains? Ive heard cardio can make your muscles thinner and I dont want this. I thought I could get an exercise bike and cycle with ankle weights, so I could work my leg muscles and do cardio at the same time. Is this a good idea?

    submitted by /u/Aintneverdonenothin
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of resistance bands should I get?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    I'm trying to put on weight and muscle and now that gyms are closed that's really hard to do.

    I feel like bodyweight exercises aren't enough, dumbbells and barbells are way to expensive and now I really would like to find some resistance bands that are high quality and won't snap but are not too expensive. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/JAG2033
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment