• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 25, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    long time smoker needing some help

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    im a 47 year old male, been a smoker since i was 13. the last year or so it has really started effecting me and i am making an effort to stop, but thats not what this post is about. I know my lungs are shot, but would doing some cycling, or breathing exorcises help me to do more , and for longer periods without getting so out of breath? and will cycling also help with my circulation at all? I know ill never get to 100%, but would like to at least try to make an improvment.

    submitted by /u/snakebyt2000
    [link] [comments]

    Afraid of fat gain

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    My doctor is making me increase my calorie intake to increase my metabolism and testosterone. I have been losing weight since the beginning of the year and currently at 6'5/196 cm, 194 lbs/88 kg, roughly 18-19% body fat. Have been eating about 2100 calories and doctor wants to increase to 2800-3000 range. What should I expect from increasing my caloric intake like this? Btw I practice bodyweight strength training 5 times a week. I'm hoping to gain some solid muscle mass but I'm concerned because my body fat is already somewhat high. Been strength training for a couple years now.

    submitted by /u/brennan5663
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Resistance band strength?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I would like to purchase some resistance bands. Thing is, a complete pack is either to expansive or the delivery time is like 2 weeks. I hard times like this I must keep my gains, so I would like them rather quickly.

    However, when buying seperatly you ofcourse need to choose which strength you want. How do I know what's right? I get that this is a person to person question, but maybe you guys have some advice for me? I'm a regular gym go-er, and have been training for a couple of years. Maybe you can atleast guide me to certain ones. I'm based in the netherlands if that matters.

    Thanks in advance. Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/pklokgieters
    [link] [comments]

    13yrs (M) volleyballer.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Hey r/Fitness community, im new here.

    So i've been wanting to lose some extra weight to increase my vertical and stamina, any suggestions for weight loss exercises, i thought i'd rather ask an experienced community rather than some youtube video or website. Thanks

    submitted by /u/PetrifiedDOGE
    [link] [comments]

    Lifting routine for me?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Made a home gym before the quarantine and thought this would be the best time to get my numbers up. My current 1RPMs: Bench - 195 Squat - 315 DL - 385 I've been lifting for around 3 years (I'm 17) and thinking about a Push Pull Legs 6 day a week routine and am looking for some good recommendations. I've heard a lot about DUP, is it beneficial for me to run this type of program or do I not yet have the necessary strength base?

    submitted by /u/yeet0965
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my pectorals hurt when I do tricep exercises?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I've been wondering if i was doing something wrong, like posture. But i change literally any small thing like where i put my weight, how far my pushups go down, etc. and nothing really works. Am i not used to the sensation of my triceps being worked, or am i doing something wrong? do pecs and triceps go together?

    submitted by /u/avioid
    [link] [comments]

    How to avoid eating disorders when trimming.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I went from 2000 calories a day to 1400-1300. Im 173cm 70kg and I do weight training 4 times a week and I lost about 4 kgs (74kg before) in 3 weeks. My fear is that after 3 weeks im totally satisfied with 1400 calories a day. Is this okay?

    submitted by /u/HercUlysses
    [link] [comments]

    Counting calories seems like an impossible task 99% of the time - am I overthinking this?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    Okay I get it - you buy the food scale and weigh everything out. You meal prep the chicken, beans, and rice and have an exact amount of calories per serving. That's great if you spend the majority of your time at home and eat at home.

    What if you're visiting family and aunt Karen makes her famous cheesy potatoes? How in the name of gooey goodness are you supposed to track the calories for that meal?

    What if I'm in Japan where staff, menu, etc. are in another language and I order a plate of sushi. How am I going to count the calories for everything I eat in a foreign country?

    What if I'm visiting a friend and we decide to watch a movie - how am I going to count the added calories when I reach my hand into that bowl of organic popcorn?

    Am I overthinking this? Maybe I'm overthinking myself overthinking - but this just seems like the most tedious thing in the world.

    Am I supposed to develop a superhuman food scanning ability where I can just look at a portion of food and magically guess the number of calories that it contains?

    I know I know, there are apps for this. But really? Don't tell me every piece of Salmon in the world is exactly 412 calories. What if Karen wanted to be a little exotic and threw in some mushrooms and a red wine butter sauce? That "412" calories turned into 1500 real quick

    Can someone explain how this guesstimation process works?

    submitted by /u/_Money_Wizard
    [link] [comments]

    Objects to lift or rise my barbell up?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    A similar object I am looking for is an aerobic riser - or a workout step. Which are worth over $40 right now and since I got laid off I am restricted to only buying my family needed items.

    Is there any object that I can make like such?

    an idea I thought of : sandbags on each side of the barbell plate (not possible to get sand though)

    submitted by /u/dividendman99
    [link] [comments]

    Biceps/Triceps

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Do most of you guys have a bi/tri day every week? I do a couple bi exercises, every other week, on chest day and some tri stuff on shoulder day. Don't most exercises already incorporate bis and tris? What's the point of going hard on a weekly arms day ?

    submitted by /u/EvanMG23
    [link] [comments]

    Which Muscles do I need to exercise for a feminine physique

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    I'm currently working on a cosplay in which I cosplay a chick, and would like to know what would be the most optimal way of doing this. Thank you

    submitted by /u/ExoOblivion
    [link] [comments]

    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Elyptical bike question: resistance vs. speed

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Should I train with more resistance and less speed, or more speed and less resistance? Which one is better for cardio? Which one is better for increasing stregth?

    submitted by /u/ru_be_nez
    [link] [comments]

    Combining sprint intervals and weight training

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    How could one combine weight training with sprint interval training (as detailed here) on opposite days?

    Would Weights(W)-Sprints(S)-W-S-W be too taxing for a five day routine? The weight training would be full body days.

    submitted by /u/walters-walk
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 22, 2020

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment