• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: At how much weight did you guys start at for dumbbell shoulder presses?

    Beginner Fitness: At how much weight did you guys start at for dumbbell shoulder presses?


    At how much weight did you guys start at for dumbbell shoulder presses?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    Silly question but 22M here, recently started working on shoulders, something I have never really worked out. Following a typical 3x10 set/rep routine for dumbbell shoulder presses, I found myself starting at a measly ten pounds or else I could not complete my reps. I found this kind of shocking, especially seeing that a lot of other people of both genders are doing these with a lot more weight than I am, but again I don't know if its just a beginner thing. Maybe my shoulders are just very naturally weak; however, I will continue grinding at it to make them strong. At what weight did you guys start when you first started doing shoulder presses?

    submitted by /u/bigtwobyfour
    [link] [comments]

    Training on high volume?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been lifting for 2 months now (ppl), I've been in a calorie deficit (a decent few cheat days but oh well) for the two days and 10 hours of sleep daily. I've been working in high volumes, tons of reps and sets and a lot of time in the gym, it seemed to work for me as it firstly burnt tons of calories, loosing 9kg alongside of a deficit diet, but all my lifts have doubled and my muscles seem to have grown. But I was watching a video and a lot of comments talked about a guy's workout and how his volume was way to high but mine was more, now I'm wondering if I was doing too much to where it was bad? All muscles are done twice a week… Here's two examples (chest, legs)

    (Working for hypertrophy)

    Flat Bench (4x10) Incline Smith Bench (4x10) Dumbell Bench (4x10) High-Low Cable Crossover (3x12) Low-High Cable Crossover (3x12)

    Barbell Squat (5x8) Leg Press (3x15) Bulgarian Split Squats (4x10) Leg Extension (5x12) Hamstring Curl (5x12) Smith Calf Raise (3x20)

    submitted by /u/PetTide_YT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment