• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 12, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Assisted Pull Ups

    Beginner Fitness: Assisted Pull Ups


    Assisted Pull Ups

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Was using the assisted pull up machine at my gym to no avail. However, I tried this other way with my pull bar at home where I put my chair in the door way and lifted myself with my leg on the chair and then took my leg off to lower my body back into a hanging position.

    Probably not the best description, but just wanted to say I finally have DOMS in my lats lol. I know people say DOMS isn't a great indicator of a good workout, but I feel like I'm finally activating my back muscles for the first time and it got me more motivated after the rut I've been in 😊

    submitted by /u/thucydidestrap726
    [link] [comments]

    Are daily pushups/pullups good?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    I try to do pushups and pullups everyday to grow strength in those areas. I have wondered if i needed rest days from them. Soon ill be joining military college where ill have to do them a lot anyway but i aanted to know how effective it is to do them everyday.

    submitted by /u/troyboy69420
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with MyFitnessPal

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    Hey folks.

    I am trying to get into using MyFitnessPal for counting my calories, however, I am a little confused with which activity level to choose. Basically, I am spending most of my day sitting down, which should lead me to choosing my activity level as "Stationary", however, as I am exercising 4 - 5 times a week should I choose a more active activity level instead?
    I can see, that tdeecalculator.net has a field for selecting ones activity level based on the amount of exercise sessions per week. If I was to select the activity level for 4 - 5 exercise sessions, I would end up with needing to eat 2800 calories for maintenance, which seems to be equivalent to selecting the "Active" activity level in MyFitnessPal, leading me to believe that this is the correct activity level for me to choose.
    All in all my question is: should I choose the "Stationary" or "Active" activity level in MyFitnessPal?

    I am a 22 years old male, 182 cm tall and weigh about 77 kg (don't know if anyone needs this information)

    Tldr: I am trying to set up MyFitnessPal and is confused whether to choose "Stationary" or "Active" as my activity level, as I am stationary most of the day and exercises 4 - 5 times a week.

    submitted by /u/andr274d
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment