• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 7, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Better than nothing??

    Beginner Fitness: Better than nothing??


    Better than nothing??

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    I'm going out tonight with a friend after work, and I was going to use it as an excuse to skip the gym. Instead I went before work, but I only had like 25 minutes and I managed 3 exercises 3 sets each. Should I have even bothered, or is it the commitment that counts more?? It was only 25 minutes but I feel better than if I wouldn't have gone lol

    submitted by /u/thucydidestrap726
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling wiped out for a few days after an intense hike -- is that normal?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    So I (30m) recovered from a 10 month or so process of extended fatigue and illness from a mono infection back in April. I've gradually been reintroducing fitness to my life with progressively longer walks, and I've worked my way back up doing hikes regularly (five hikes, around 16 total miles, in the last ten days). Two days ago I hiked about six miles-- my longest and most intense in years, averaging a pace of 3.5 - 3.7 mph uphill for a lot of it. Since then I've felt really wiped out (not sore as much as worn out), despite staying hydrated, eating a lot of mostly healthy food, and trying to sleep. I'm definitely not asking for medical advice or anything, but as it's been a long time since I've been this deconditioned, I really don't know what to expect as 'normal' anymore. Google is definitely not a help when it comes to these things either lol. Im definitely taking it easy until I feel ready to go back out, but it would be helpful to hear some perspectives on this too.

    submitted by /u/turbosnail1254
    [link] [comments]

    Are you supposed to feel anything in your "pecs" because I don't..

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    Ive been doing dumbbell exercises (curls, fly's, presses, etc.) for about 2 months now. I feel fatique the day after in biceps, triceps and the usual places. But never in my pecs. Even doing bench fly's which I find the hardest, and which I thought exercises chest muscles, don't actually hurt my pecs at all but my arms do feel that way. I don't know if this is normal or not or if they are supposed to be sore the next day so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

    submitted by /u/Apex-Nebula
    [link] [comments]

    How to lower heart rate?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    I want to lower my heart rate( resting).

    What exercises (without equipment) are suggested? Yoga? Walking? Running? Hiking?

    I assume stairs (elevation) are the best exercise? To train your heart and lungs?

    And how does food affect it? Which food good for heart rate management??

    submitted by /u/seasonel
    [link] [comments]

    At Home Workouts

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    What are some must need things for a small at home gym? I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so it needs to be able to hide behind my couch when not in use.

    submitted by /u/Wino_expert
    [link] [comments]

    meeting with personal trainer for a free thirty minute session. any advise on best questions/ways to spend the time?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    hey friends! what do you think would be a good set of questions/activities to do with a pt to get me on the right track. i will probably continue without one for financial reasons but i do wanna get what i can. I am trying to overall get stronger with an emphasis on glutes, legs, and arms. Ive been to the gym before but never consistent so I have good understanding of how muscle growth/fat loss works and most exercise forms but i kinda just aimless do moves.

    submitted by /u/yummyh20
    [link] [comments]

    need some advice on where to start

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    hello,

    i just moved into my new home and finally have a good basement to work out in, I don't have any equipment right other than one 20lb kettlebell but want to lose weight and gain muscle, i wanna work my arms and shoulders most but eventually start gaining all over and losing all over, I've worked out in the past but nothing to keep me going so any advice or helpful workouts would be great

    submitted by /u/MrLoki2020
    [link] [comments]

    When doing bench Flys, I always feel like I'm getting close injuring my shoulder when I use enough weight to put strain on my pecs

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    If I use low enough weight where I dont feel like im at risk of over extending, its really easy and doesn't feel like it's doing much. I've had a couple close calls when trying to go till failure in ten reps. I'm guessing theres a sweet spot there somewhere. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/dex1984
    [link] [comments]

    Sit up variation post spinal?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 12:58 AM PDT

    Had an emergency section 2 years ago and have been in a lot of pain and the worst shape of my life.

    I have a thing about having to check off lists so I got an app and I'm doing the 3000 squat July challenge. I'm only 6 days in but I feel so much better, I feel like i move easier and hurt a little less in general.

    I thought about doing the same challenge but sit ups for august to try and start rebuilding my core. But basically I had 4 failed attempts at the spinal and the entry point is always sore and can get very painful if I agitate it. I'm worried sit ups will just hurt.

    I was wondering if anyone knew of a sit up variation for bad backs or another exercise I could do for that challenge that might help start to rebuild my core.

    submitted by /u/CJBG9491
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment