• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 15, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Trying to get fit after years of disordered eating

    Beginner Fitness: Trying to get fit after years of disordered eating


    Trying to get fit after years of disordered eating

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Hello! So this is my first post on Reddit ever, I'm not really sure how it works so please be patient with me I'm 21F, and I've struggled with anorexia athletica since I was 9 years old. I've had a lot of relapses and "pseudo recoveries." Basically I haven't been a healthy weight… ever in my life. (Not being dramatic, I've been in hospital a lot but never broke BMI 18.5..) So now I'm the closest Ive ever been to a healthy weight (5'7" 116 lbs BMI 18.2) and I finally can see my future without an eating disorder. I'm not obsessive about my weight or appearance anymore, I don't count calories, I eat different fear foods of mine everyday, etc etc But I've been stuck at 116. I just can't get above this weight. And I'm not allowed to exercise until I break 120

    I'm getting rambly, so basically my question is, does anyone have tips for gaining some extra weight? I don't mind if I go above 120. I'm also vegetarian. And once I do break 120, I'm going to get back into exercise. I want to do small amount of cardio to help with my heart condition that came from years of calorie restriction, but primarily want to focus on lifting and flexibility. Thank you 🦑

    submitted by /u/hauntedmelons
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for 32 y.o. male who just had covid.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    Note: while I look healthy, my body has definitely grown stiff and soft since pre covid. I've been advised by my doctors to ease into it slowly.

    My diet is slowly improving, could also use input on that. Now that I prefer not to eat meat. Any & all help is welcome.

    submitted by /u/AdGlobal420
    [link] [comments]

    Workout buddies discord server - Come join us!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    Hey beautiful people!

    We have a discord server dedicated for motivating each other to be healthy and workout.

    Sharing healthy tips, food pics and streaming with or without showing your face while working out are some of our activities. Anyone here interested in joining us?

    Have a great day everyone!

    submitted by /u/ouncez1
    [link] [comments]

    Want to bulk up

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    I'm a 31(m) and I want to get in shape but don't know where to start. I'm not overweight, I just want to bulk up. What types of workouts should I start off with other than running?

    submitted by /u/whats_good_wit_it
    [link] [comments]

    Starting to lose curves now that I’m doing high weight workouts.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Im a 24 F, 5'5 and 125-130 lbs. I'm not really new at working out but I've recently started upping my weights and focusing on getting stronger rather than getting slimmer. Since then I've been "boxing up" and have been losing size in my butt regardless of how well I work it out. My waist is getting defined muscles but it's also widening to make it look like I have less curves. Is there something I need to be doing to remedy this or is this just what happens when you train for strength?

    submitted by /u/WantedChinchilla
    [link] [comments]

    Women..

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    What are the best ways for women to loose body fat. As a women I find it very hard to loose weight (could birth control play a role in that?) or do I need to approach it differently?

    submitted by /u/MsSour
    [link] [comments]

    Weight loss without diet

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    I need to lose fat and gain some muscles and i do my exercise and workout moderately most days of the week but i cannot do dieting, i frequently eat junk food and stuff so is it okay if i don't eat healthy and just focus on my workouts, will it work?

    0 comments

    submitted by /u/rohan27d
    [link] [comments]

    Cardio should be a part of your fitness program but what do you do when you have back pain?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    There are not a lot of cardio options that sit well with chronic low back pain.

    One that I always go back to is biking. Now there are lots of forms of biking so the best thing to do is find out which is the best option for your sensitive low back.

    Above is the best version that I have found to fit most chronic low back pain warriors.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    My calf hurt after jumping rope for less than 5 minutes

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    I'm coming out of a year long depression and I'm overweight by about 5 kilos. F, 157cm, 67kgs. Is this normal or did I do it wrong?! Only one of them hurts. I lost whatever muscle I had a year ago and put on this weight (I lost 3 already by watching what I eat). Gyms are closed. I never liked running. So jumping ropes seemed like a cheap ideal workout. I used it for two days only. I ran out of breath very fast XD Should I stop or keep going after a couple of days? I really want to become stronger even if it takes a while :(

    Edit: I'm worried it goes on to hurting my knees. Should I lose weight and stick to walking only as exercise?

    submitted by /u/AdAmbitious8777
    [link] [comments]

    Shoulder pains from deadlifting

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    Recently I've noticed while performing the deadlift there's a burning pain/sensation in my right shoulder. It's on the back, right around my shoulder blade. The only time I feel this is when I'm deadlifting?

    Could it be improper form or something more serious like an impingement or strain on a muscle?

    submitted by /u/captain_sasshole
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment