• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 5, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Is muscle soreness an indicator of a good workout?

    Beginner Fitness: Is muscle soreness an indicator of a good workout?


    Is muscle soreness an indicator of a good workout?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Hi all. I've been lifting once every 6 days for about 8 months now. Depending on the muscle group.

    I still get muscle soreness every time I workout. I just wanted to stop by and ask if this is an indicator that I got a good workout, and that muscle will be built.

    My goal is to put on 10 lbs of natural muscle over the next 2 years. I'm 38, male.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rampitup55
    [link] [comments]

    Workout dedicated to stretching low back and hamstringing?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    I finally have the time in my schedule to workout more than 2 days a week and am planning on doing a 4 day a week strength/cardio routine. However I want a 5th day solely focused on my hips and low back mobility/flexibility. This is because a few years ago, I had a back injury and ever since I have not been able to out my socks on without a sock aid and cannot tie my shoes without tying then before hand. I'm 34 and this will only get worse if I don't do something now. I am also not able to get the desired depth when doing squats/deadlift. For deadlift, I can't even start on the ground, it has to be raised about 4 inches. This is such an issue that I am taking them back out of my routine until i can improve flexibility out of fear of injury. What I would like is something that takes ~30 minutes and is mostly dynamic stretching.

    submitted by /u/WombatHat42
    [link] [comments]

    New to fitness / Injury

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:23 PM PDT

    I'm fifteen years old and I've wanted to start working out after sports surgery I have frequently dislocated my kneecap and gotten fixed is there any precautions post surgery I should take before I start working out?

    submitted by /u/OneInchSlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with eating

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    So I have problems with eating somethings, through the whole pandemic I went from being 125 lb to being 106.92 lb and I'm really worried about my health. Do you all have any tips to gain more weight, and keep it there?

    submitted by /u/Call_me_Skully
    [link] [comments]

    Sore legs one week after long run

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    I'm a beginner jogger (like last six months kind of thing) last week I way overdid a run which also included alot of downhill. The backs of my thighs are so tight I can't even touch my toes. They are still a little sore a week later! What the eff do I do. Do I need a rest day? Or should I push through? A massage???

    submitted by /u/unhinged_lady
    [link] [comments]

    App or workout plan?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    I have heard from many different sources and I'm not sure what's better, a workout plan I repeat every week.. or a app that does it for me.. I'm not sure how much research can go into the free apps. But it's much easier then the websites

    submitted by /u/jamieCHubbs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment