• Breaking News

    Monday, June 21, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: If you had only 20-30 minutes in the morning for exercise and basic equipment at home ( treadmill, gazelle, mats and small hand weights), which cardio exercises give you the most bang for your buck?

    Beginner Fitness: If you had only 20-30 minutes in the morning for exercise and basic equipment at home ( treadmill, gazelle, mats and small hand weights), which cardio exercises give you the most bang for your buck?


    If you had only 20-30 minutes in the morning for exercise and basic equipment at home ( treadmill, gazelle, mats and small hand weights), which cardio exercises give you the most bang for your buck?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    Haircare tips when swimming daily?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Idk if this is the right place for this but here it is anyway.

    I just started swimming pretty much daily and I find it quite rewarding. But I don't know what to do with my hair. I have mixed textured hair and I know it is not that healthy to wash it every day. When I was jogging or doing HIITs that was not a problem but with swimming. There is no way around it.
    How do girls with kinky hair deal with that? Do you guys just rinse the chlorine and let that be?

    Also: any tips for beginner swimmers are very welcome :)

    submitted by /u/Aggressive-Bake-5372
    [link] [comments]

    Stationary Workouts?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Hi all! Let me know if this isn't allowed and I can delete/edit. I am recovering from a severe ankle injury and feel like I'm beginning from scratch all over again. I asked my physical therapist what kind of exercises I could ease myself back into. She said arms and core are obviously fair game, but anything else would need to be mostly stationary. She suggested wall sits and mini squats. Two exercises don't make a whole workout, so I'm wondering if anyone else has suggestions for easy/beginner level "stationary" exercises?

    submitted by /u/mmathur95
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I start??

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    I'm 57 and in pretty badly out of shape. I do work so I get off my arse and out of the house, but on my days off I get very, very little exercise. I'm about 50-60# overweight (70# really if I wanted to get back to my high school weight) and it is really starting to get to me. I get short of breath after one flight of stairs, or even just carrying a heavy basket of laundry from one room to another, or groceries in from the car. I'm on meds for blood pressure and cholesterol and my back hurts like heck frequently. I feel like I am on a downward spiral to death within the next 10-15 years if I don't change.

    The problem is I don't know where to start. My doctors have tested and cleared me to begin an exercise program, but like most doctors they are way too busy and know very little about fitness to make any specific recommendations.

    I do have an old treadmill in my basement and although I haven't used it in a while it does still work. I also have a few weights and a barbell down there. I tried doing some deadlifts the other day, only about 140#, but after 5 reps I was very out of breath and the next day my back was killing me.

    So how do you start when you're so far gone??

    Please don't be too judgmental; it is very hard for me to write this in a public forum as I am very ashamed of what I have become. I was never really "athletic" when I was younger but God, I wasn't like I am now either.

    submitted by /u/RandomNick999
    [link] [comments]

    I have pain right below my waist, but only on the left side.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    So I just started working out consistently about a month ago. I'm 19, 142 lbs, 5'9" btw. But like 4 days ago, I think, I started getting a pain like I stated in the title. It hurts whenever I walk, but only sometimes. If I use the elliptical at the gym, it doesn't hurt. But when I bend down for anything, it hurts. Like if I do squats or deadlift and I bend my knees, it really hurts. And it's like a pulsing pain. You know how a heartbeat is, you can count each time it beats. It's like that, the pain i feel is like a heartbeat, except it's not all the time like a heartbeat. Do any of you know what this is? Did I injure something? A lot of times I can't even walk properly bc it hurts so much. Even when I wake up from bed and I walk to the bathroom, it hurts like hell. I would appreciate any input on this, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Greeneyes_65
    [link] [comments]

    Which method is efficient?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Which is better to do - 4-5 exercise (for like 10 minutes) or 1 exercise (for the same amount of time)?

    For example - For arms,is it better to do Archer pushup+Pike pushup+ Diamond pushup+Basic pushup+Incline pushup for 2 minutes each or just Basic Pushup for 10 minutes .

    submitted by /u/bigppcse
    [link] [comments]

    Great Amazon Prime Price for Pilates Bar and Resistance Bands

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment