• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 16, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 16, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 16, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 16, 2021

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for walking faster/for the pack test

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    In about 10-14 days, I'm taking the pack test for wildland firefighting at the arduous level which is 3 miles, 45 lbs backpack/vest, and it has to be completed within 45 minutes or less. I've been training for a few months hiking with this weight in the mountain with elevation changes but when it comes to this test I can't seem to pace myself right. The closest I have come to the time is 45:58 which is super close but there's times where I get to as high as 48 mins. I find that as I get tired the way I walk turns in to a stomp and hurts the arch of my foot (I have flat feet).

    Note: when I practice this test I do it in pants and my firefighting boots which are about 5-7 pounds. The actual test may allow for more comfortable clothing like running shoes but that often varies by location.

    What tips does anyone have for walking and maintaining a pace of 4mph? Are there any specific techniques that are helpful for trying to walk long distance?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Ad3522
    [link] [comments]

    Question about stretching with 2 cardio workouts in a day

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    I'm slowly getting back into cardio and I warm up and cool down before and after runs. Warm ups are all dynamic and cool downs are all static stretches. This is also true for my calisthenics workouts. I also foam roll at some point in the day.

    If I run in the morning though and then do a calisthenics workout in the afternoon, do I need to include static stretches in both cool downs? Can I skip them after the run and just do them later after calisthenics since a lot of the stretches are the same? Or will this cause injury?

    Also, should I wait until both my run and calisthenics are done before foam rolling?

    submitted by /u/outindacut
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment