• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Lifts to correct shoulder/back lopsidedness and posture

    Beginner Fitness: Lifts to correct shoulder/back lopsidedness and posture


    Lifts to correct shoulder/back lopsidedness and posture

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Okay, quick background.

    37/m thin/ecto build. I'm moderately active and finding my motivation again.

    My right shoulder has always sat lower than my left and I have had intermittent pain and discomfort in various muscles in my back at least since high school. I'm not sure, but I would assume if my shoulders are off balance or out of alignment, wouldn't that cause some irregular wear and tear on the back?

    I want to take this motivation to get in the gym and use it to try to correct this issue. I can manage in the gym okay, like I don't look lost that often, but it's still very new to me and I'm just not sure what kinda of lifting I should be doing to try to repair this. I want to focus on Compound lifting as much as possible, but I'm thinking that some sort of targeted exercise might be helpful.

    Any advice or guidance is extremely helpful.

    Oh, and even when I was really getting after it in the gym, before the 'demic, I got bigger and stronger, but in the body shots I have, the shoulder and back are all in the same places. The muscles just look a little bigger.

    submitted by /u/TractorTime15
    [link] [comments]

    Pain when applying tension after workout

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    So I did a 2x10 plus a dropset today for my biceps with moderate weights and I noticed a few hours after the workout that if I try to lift something there is slight sharp pain at the middle of my biceps that will gradually increase the more tension I apply

    This also occurred when I tried to go heavy at an earlier date with fewer reps but the pain disappears after a day or two of rest and then I am able to use them as normal again

    Note that I am able to move my arm around perfectly fine with no issues during both these occurrences, I just become more careful of lifting things after. If it helps I've only started lifting like a month or two at most

    Would this be a sign of overworking the muscle?

    submitted by /u/Doge4269
    [link] [comments]

    Beginning walking/jogging

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    About 4 weeks ago my husband (52) and I (47) began watching our diets and exercising. We walk/jog on average 3-5 miles every other day. My first day I averaged 18:39 per mile and now I'm at about 15:30 per mile.

    My question is this... how can I put myself into some kind of mental state to where I'm not constantly thinking about what hurts or aches in my body?

    I'll be honest... I absolutely hate to exercise but I'm doing it because I want to be around longer for my husband and kids and know it's good for me. I just can't seem to focus on anything other than how my knees are aching or my back hurts or my calves are tight. The list goes on.

    I would really like to get to a point where I'm jogging more than walking. I listen to music and try and keep pace with the beat so my cadence is about 126 steps per minute.

    Of course, I'm overweight, but I've lost 14 pounds and want to lose about 65 more pounds. Do I just need to somehow keep going and as I lose weight it will get easier or is there an app or something that can hypnotize me so I'm not thinking when I'm exercising?? I know I sound stupid but I need some help.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Ckatstevenson
    [link] [comments]

    What does 55 x 10 x 3 in a gym routine mean?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    I was watching a video and the guy says do I do a 55 x 10 x 3 and 5/3/1 what does it mean?

    submitted by /u/Tony_ng
    [link] [comments]

    I dont have any weights but i habe a backpack

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    I was using a backpack with stuff inside to make it heavier to use as a weight for like, hammer curls and trap shrugs. Is that safe?

    submitted by /u/CrossedByTheStars
    [link] [comments]

    FREE Workout Challenge | Flat Ab Challenge

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment