• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 29, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 29, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 29, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 29, 2021

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Big disparity between my exercise HR and wife's

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    My wife & I have been doing weight/HITT training (21 day fix, 80 day obsession) for a year now, we're in OK shape, although I have further to go on weight loss. We're both 35, my BMI is 31 and hers is 24. No major health issues although we don't push it as hard as possible because we don't want to mess up our knees or back, which flare up a little sometimes. Wife has mild allergic asthma and doesn't ever score as high on peak flow meters as me. We are not runners, we don't have active jobs, but we do consistently get 90 minutes of light to moderate exercise per day.

    When we work out, if I don't push insanely hard, my HR will be comfortably in the 100-130 range. My wife, on the other hand, is consistently between 130 and 160, often hovering between 155-165 on harder workouts if she doesn't take a break. We seem to be putting in comparable effort, but she has trouble keeping her heart rate down, whereas I have to go intentionally aggressively, trying to spike my HR as high as possible, to get to 150. When I'm at 150, I'm insanely sweaty, out of breath, lungs burning, everything feels awful - I just don't like working out enough to stay right there, and I'm worried about straining something and getting sidelined, so I usually try to keep it around 120-130. Whereas when she's at 160, she doesn't seem that sweaty, she can still talk OK, she doesn't seem to be quite at death's door, but she's worried her HR is too close to the hard limits.

    We'll run all this by the doctors next time, but curious if this happens with anyone else.

    submitted by /u/legalthrow516
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment