• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 22, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 22, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 22, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 22, 2021

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else in medicine struggling with your fitness goals due to minimal/no lunch breaks?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    I haven't been guaranteed a solid 15-30 min for a while. Some years back it didn't really bother me much as it would get so busy, I'd forget I was hungry. Now that I have fitness goals, it's extremely difficult to meet them as I'm always at a caloric deficit with this work lifestyle. I notice this being common in medicine, but I'm open to hearing from those in different professions struggling with similar obstacles.

    I already have a hard time eating enough when I had the opportunity to eat 3 meals a day. Now, I'm unintentionally skipping lunch to meet high patient volume demands and my workouts are taking a hit. I have less energy, feel weaker, no incremental gain in strength. My appetite is dropping even more. I've been feeling defeated lately. Especially since most of my friends don't exercise nor do they understand my work schedule, so I don't have anyone to really talk about this with.

    Anyone else on a similar boat? How do you feel about it? Did you overcome it?

    Edit: Wow I didn't expect to get so many responses with my post so quickly. Thank you everyone for all of your insight, advice, encouragement, and support! I definitely feel less alone in this now. I'll definitely be incorporating many of your tips. Seriously, this is all extremely helpful. I truly appreciate it !!

    submitted by /u/swirleyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment