• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Trying to lose weight while sculpting butt

    Beginner Fitness: Trying to lose weight while sculpting butt


    Trying to lose weight while sculpting butt

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:31 PM PST

    I'm trying to lose weight because I'm bigger than I'd like to be, but I wanna keep some "thickness", as my boyfriend calls it.

    Is it possible to lose weight and sculpt the butt at the same time? Or should I just focus on the weight loss first and then the sculpting?

    The main thing I wanna work on is tightening my stomach and getting a rounder butt. I've got wide hips but it's like my butt is flat in the back :(

    submitted by /u/TheHermitess86
    [link] [comments]

    I have a completely sedentary lifestyle help

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Hello, What are good beginner workouts? I'm considering just looking up 'sedentary workouts' on youtube?

    submitted by /u/StrobeRogers
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a “normal” weight fluctuation?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:14 AM PST

    I (m25) have lost about 60 pounds through dieting and exercise over the past year. I went from about 225-230 down to 170. I usually float around 169-172 but this morning I saw a big jump to 177. I have a pretty solid diet and a not so solid exercise routine, I slip up and miss a few days at a time due to my work schedule, but I haven't made any real "gains" in the gym yet, at least what I can tell from surface level. Is this a normal jump? Am I gaining weight back or am I just getting stronger?

    submitted by /u/thehillbillyjedi_
    [link] [comments]

    I really hate running

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 08:44 PM PST

    That said, I've gained about 40# more than a healthy weight, I have collapsed arches, and grinding knees. I need the cardio and to lose the weight. I'd be happy just not getting winded super easy and strengthening my knees. Any suggestions on where to start?

    submitted by /u/SyCoCyS
    [link] [comments]

    Question about achieving this body type

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:54 PM PST

    Hey, 18m here. Does anyone have advice regarding as to how I can achieve this body type? I'm 5"10 and at the moment, I'm probably 120-130lbs (don't have a scale right now but I'm probably about 125lbs). My diet is alright, I could definitely eat healthier but I think that I should try to put on some weight. I have a gym membership right now but I'm not sure how to go about that as I kind of have anxiety regarding the gym. I've been lifting 10lb dumbbells and doing body weight exercises at home for the past week. I definitely feel sore but I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the routine I currently follow. I see many people recommending barbell exercises but I do not think I am even strong enough to lift a regular barbell (45lbs) without weights ahah. Thanks.

    Pictures of the body I want to achieve and my current body:

    https://imgur.com/a/7t00lQv

    submitted by /u/Fluffy_Print_6479
    [link] [comments]

    The pump.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:19 PM PST

    I've seen people say that the pump is key for muscle and strength gains. I progressively overload in every workout, getting one more rep on each workout than from before, and increasing the weight once I hit 10 reps. I also stop short of failure, leaving 1 rep in the tank, but I don't feel much of a pump at the end of a workout. Just a tight feeling in my muscles that lasts for a very short time, yet i've heard of people say it lasts for 2 hours. I do full body workouts, so that might be part of it. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/oooooooo89
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner struggles

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:08 PM PST

    I have been going to the gym three times a week for the last 3 weeks. Before this I was doing a home workout that had me sore for like a week.

    Since I started to go to the gym I've been having a hard time feeling like I'm getting a good workout in. I've been following the athleanX beginner workout series and I just don't feel sore after the gym like I feel like i should. During the workout I'm feeling the burn and feels like I'm doing great but as soon as I'm done I feel like I have made no progress.

    I have been making decent progress as far as my form and weights go but I just feel like I'm not making strides because I'm not feeling the pain like I have been made to believe I should.

    Is this normal? What would you do differently?

    Dumbbell squat- 50 for 15 55 for 15 65 for 15

    Chest supported row- 30 for 15 30 for 15 35 for 15 35 for12

    Lat pulldown- 55 for 15 70 for 15 70 for 15

    Shoulder press- 25 for 15 40 for 15 25 for 15

    Seated leg press- 70 for 15 100 for 15 130 for 15

    70 for 15 100 for 15 130 for 15

    submitted by /u/garethsmitty
    [link] [comments]

    20 MIN HARDCORE HOME HIIT WORKOUT | no equipment no repeat

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Beginner friendly Arm Stretches to do after your Workout - great for relieving stiffness in Wrists, Arms, Shoulders

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:05 PM PST

    Gotten back to the gym recently. Looking for advice/tips!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:15 AM PST

    Hello r/beginnerfitness.

    I have recently gotten back into the gym (3 weeks @ 5 days per week strong!). In doing so, I have made the following workout plan for myself and would love tips/advice on how to improve it. I am a somewhat skinny guy (6ft 6in, ~180lbs, 21yo) and would like to gain mass. For my gym, each workout has to be booked in advance and you have 45 mins to complete it. That is why each workout is short, but I like this length anyway as I need to get to work shortly after I get back from the gym. Also, I planned out the days to be alternating upper and lower body to avoid injury.

    Workout Plan (I workout Mon-Fri):

    Day 1: Arms/Chest -

    Mostly dumbbell type workouts. This workout brings me to 45 mins on the dot nearly every time.

    https://www.groupbeast.com/workout/5ff3065f0b9dee0017b5c95c

    Day 2: Legs -

    https://www.groupbeast.com/workout/5ff5bbac99b55704f25dbd0f

    Day 3: Pull/Back/Arms Day -

    https://www.groupbeast.com/workout/600712482d7df400176426c8

    Day 4: Core Day

    https://www.groupbeast.com/workout/60086e0adb022100173dbf66

    Day 5: Bonus Day

    I use this day to have some fun and repeat any of the earlier days or try out new exercises. Typically I keep this day to one area as well though. As of late, it has been typically another arm day.

    I would love to hear any advice, tips, or exercise recommendations!

    submitted by /u/Elucid99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment