• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:30 AM PST

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Bi-Annual Music Megathread

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the Bi-Annual Music Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing songs and playlists that get you pumped up for your workout.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    At desk equipment

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:26 AM PST

    Hi friends! I don't know if I can ask this, but I'm wondering if buying some equipment to have at my work desk is worth it.

    I figured it would be alright, but probably not as good as an actual bike or the machine in the gyms. I sit for basically 12 hours a day for 5 days a week..

    submitted by /u/CosmicBlessings
    [link] [comments]

    Burned 500 calories in 40 minutes according to my HR monitor. How accurate is this?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:26 AM PST

    So practically everyone online claims that hr monitors and smartwatches exaggerate the amount of calories burned during a workout.

    Today I did a cardio/weights workout and wanted to burn 500 calories. So I just went on until my HR monitor said I burned 500 calories.

    I mostly dit fast paced walking on a treadmill. At 10 minute mark I did 40 clean and jerks with just the bar, at 20 minute mark I did 40 kettlebell swings with 10 kg and at 30 minute mark I did 5 minutes of jump rope.

    I'm 31 of age old, 184 cm and weigh 72 kg. My HR monitor is a Wahoo tickr.

    Here is the result:

    https://i.imgur.com/kuQ9GkB.jpg

    submitted by /u/BachePoro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment