• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 13, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Used to working out on gym equipment but I’m lost on what to do as far as working out at home

    Beginner Fitness: Used to working out on gym equipment but I’m lost on what to do as far as working out at home


    Used to working out on gym equipment but I’m lost on what to do as far as working out at home

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    My husbands work schedule recently changed and it no longer allows for me to go to the gym, as i need to be home with our toddler more. Unfortunately there is no gym near me that has childcare services, so I am stuck having to do my workouts at home, which is fine, I just don't know where to start.

    So, ideally, I need a workout routine that allows for me to workout in my living room, after my son has gone to sleep or early before he wakes up. Preferably not too long, but I'll do what I need to do.

    I have free weights (I think they are only 5lbs each) a balance ball, and a mini trampoline (I mean it's actually my toddlers) I'm willing to purchase some affordable equipment, and would eventually like to have an elliptical in our house but that's not in the budget right now.

    My goal is mainly to build more muscle and reduce my body fat, as well as shave another 5-10lbs off.

    Any advice or pointers is super helpful and appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ghostieaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner here - elliptical

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 11:26 AM PST

    So to start off, I grew up super skinny, with a crazy metabolism. Well fast forward to now (32 and overweight)

    I finally got myself an elliptical for my home.

    I got on my first time today, with a plan to go for half hour.

    Well after 5 mins my legs were just burning and I pushed myself to go for a total of 11 mins, when I just had to slow down and eventually stop.

    I just want to know if this is normal or common?

    I've never had much of a fitness regime.

    Will I be able to build up more time on the machine?

    Also apologies if this is too silly or basic of a question.

    submitted by /u/lenorenny
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on overheating while working out.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:37 PM PST

    Ok, so I'm not sure if overheating is the correct term but it seems every time I workout my forehead gets very warm( even with short easy workouts). My breathing is controlled and I'm not really tense.I'm fairly young and not super fit yet, If anyone has experienced this and knows how to get around it, you're advice is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/bandito-frito
    [link] [comments]

    Are you weak on your arms, shoulders, and upper body? Day 9 Beginner Tone Arm Shoulders| 31 Days Pilates Series 2021 This routine will focus on the shoulders, chest, upper body, arms perfect for beginners with modifications for absolute beginners

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:07 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/m8FTmfNrvV4

    Are you weak on your arms, shoulders, and upper body? Day 9 Beginner Tone Arm Shoulders| 31 Days Pilates Series 2021 This routine will focus on the shoulders, chest, upper body, arms perfect for beginners with modifications for absolute beginners and it will be a longer workout progressing now to 30 minutes. This workout will help anyone with Posture issues such as upper crossed syndrome, text neck, mom's posture, forward head and rounded shoulders posture and mild kyphosis, thoracic outlet syndrome, winging of scapula, scoliosis posture and control with conjunction of proper breathwork, keeping back straight and neutral spine and the movement patterns will be slow and in control, releasing all the tension, stiffness and aches from the days we have been moving and at the same time strengthening our deep core muscles. This is very important to fully perform well and to strengthen and lengthen our upper back, neck, shoulders while at the same time challenging the core.

    In this routine, you will start warming up the shoulders in sitting, engaging the upper back muscles, before proceeding on all fours position to engage the core, It is important to keep back in neutral spine even during the stretching part of the program. It is imperative to maintain proper breathwork, deep breathing, engaging the core while in neutral spine even in side lying position on your forearm, elbow . The cool down will be sitting with more arm and shoulders and upper back stretching. It is very essential to do it correctly.

    If this is your first time, always go back to Day 1 Proper Breathwork in order to fully connect with your core ⏩ https://youtu.be/VCRVmfvrMa0

    This program is designed perfect For absolute beginners to encourage and motivate the simple basic Pilates Foundation that i Will begin the week gentle and effective and everyday you Will see a gentle progression , a stronger core , improve posture and overall sense of mind body awareness .

    Each week you Will experience a longer timed tolerance on your workouts until we reach the ultimate Total Body Pilates of more than an hour of much more difficult movement patterns that you Will be amazed on How much progress in just 31 days!

    ⬇️ Join me and Sign Up for an upcoming kick starter for Revival 2021 Pilates Series | 31 Days Workout Challenge Program in order to receive daily email reminders so you wont miss my daily Pilates series workouts.

    https://www.anniepilatesphysicaltherapist.com


    ♫ M U S I C ♫

    Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/referral/e148wu/

    ⏩website: https://www.anniepilatesphysicaltherapist.com subscribe for free workouts

    MAIL ME: 2750 S Preston Rd Ste 116-104 Celina, Texas 75009 I am a physical therapist with more than 17 years of experience and certified in Pilates for at least 14 years, Implementing all my skills and knowledge of helping my patients recover from injuries using a very low impact and highly effective strengthening. To help support my Channel grow for quality video content about wellness, fitness, health, physical therapy, yoga and Pilates.

    submitted by /u/annie-pilates
    [link] [comments]

    Warm It Up - Follow Along Warmup Routine

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:32 AM PST

    "You have to warm up," is something you've probably heard throughout your whole life. But that means more than just a few seconds of jogging in place.

    8 Minute Warm Up Routine

    Warm ups help you increase body and muscle temperature to prepare your muscles for moving. It tells the body to start pulling in and sending out more oxygen to the places that need it. You'll reduce your risk of injury, improve mobility, and increase strength output.

    People usually skip the warm up section of their workout if they're bored or just don't know what to do. This routine was designed to target the upper and lower body as well as get your heart rate pumping, so it's applicable for any workout you're about to tackle.

    We'll focus on some simple movements at first, then move into some dynamic stretching and range of motion. Lastly we'll do some light exercises that will help get the blood pumping and the joints limbered up.

    submitted by /u/FitInWithUs
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into exercise and having stomach problems?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:42 AM PST

    I have been inactive since covid started and since i am in lockdown again, ive decided to try at home bodyweight workouts. However about halfway through the workout i vomit. Its fairly tame compared to if i was sick with the stomach flu or too drunk or something. But in any case, anyone know about this, have resources on this or know how to prevent this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/yoi666
    [link] [comments]

    This is just so confusing it’s driving me insane... (Mini Rant)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:46 AM PST

    Little backstory about me. I'm 18 years old, I weigh around 81/82 kgs (around 180 lbs) and I'm around 5'11, my body fat percentage is around 20%. For the past 2 to 3 months I've worked out fairly consistently although most of my attention has gone towards calorie burning rather than actual strength.

    It's safe to say that I've seen some type of results (kinda?) but it's definitely not the sort of result you expect from these before and after pictures you see everywhere online or any sort of prediction tool.

    I've mostly trained cardio because I wanted to decrease my fat levels. I've done some muscle training here and there but definitely not on the same levels as my cardio sessions. I'd train muscles around once a week while I'd do cardio 3 times a week, burning around 1500 calories in total. I'd also take 20 min walks around the area each day.

    But the thing is I don't know what to do from here? Sure I've seen results but they're so minimal is it even working? My main goal in working out isn't to get a body building body or look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, I don't wanna be buff, I wanna be athletic. Ripped but not too ripped you know? But the thing is i don't know where to start because everyone tells me different ways to do it and it just doesn't mix well enough at all. I also have no sense of motivation what so ever because I used to workout (only strength workouts) around 4 times a week in a span of 6 months without barely seeing any type of result like I was expected to do. I don't know what to eat or even consider diet, some say I should and some say I shouldn't because I'm "too young" and that my body is still in its process to become fully mature.

    And this is why I get the temptation of just quitting it all because this just seems like a waste of time just like last time I gave this a shot... I don't know what to believe in, I don't know what to do because everyone says different routines, methods and strategies on HOW to do it that completely differ from each other. I just don't know what to do anymore and everyday I keep losing the motivation...

    submitted by /u/Balkanicus-Balkan
    [link] [comments]

    Join this free challenge this New Year! DAY 5 Lower Body/Abs | Hourglass Figure Challenge

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:08 AM PST

    This is 30 days of Yoga beginners practice series I put together to make it easier for you to practice daily from one place, use one video for daily practice up to 30 days.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 04:57 AM PST

    20 minute CHEST and TRICEP workout (HARDCORE workout to LIFT your BOOBIES at home)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 11:15 PM PST

    Hi there, this is one of a series of female beginner workouts. Let me know your thoughts.

    https://youtu.be/-x5gIvaOps0

    submitted by /u/RinaChoice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment