• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 17, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Getting back into shape in a different way...

    Beginner Fitness: Getting back into shape in a different way...


    Getting back into shape in a different way...

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    I am currently in a law enforcement training program. I'm a little older now, mid 30s, and losing weight. I'm down ~26 lbs from ~285 to ~259. 6' tall. ~28% BF

    I don't 'bounce back' like I used to, and maybe I will again once my fitness is rebuilt fully, but for now I am trying to accelerate my fitness gains while not overtraining or doing the bare minimum. For the forseeable future I will have ~2 hours of some type of physical training each work day, plus marching, etc.

    My plan is to use a "greasing the groove" type approach in my off time. ie Lots of assisted/knee/wall pushups with frequent small sets spread throughout my "off" time; similar approach to air squats, situps, etc. And easy LSD jogs and easy weighted 'rucks'.

    Burn extra calories, build up the foundation more, not get hurt. These are my 3 goals.

    Does anyone have any experience with trying this approach? I don't really have it in me to do an extra HIIT session or another hard tempo run each day. But I want to continue to improve at a higher rate than I would otherwise.

    submitted by /u/ThisOneSmartIdiot
    [link] [comments]

    Gym anxiety

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    How do you deal with gym anxiety? I just switched gyms and now am anxious using their machines. My other gym things were better placed and now the new gym machine are in my opinion too close to each other.

    submitted by /u/reallyraymond
    [link] [comments]

    The ONE thing that helped with my constant back and neck pain..

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Just wanted to share my experience in managing chronic neck and back pain for close to 20 years now. I've tried almost every solution you can think of -- orthopedics, chiropractic, physiotherapists, massage sessions, yoga etc. but nothing ever seemed to work. I was desperate for a solution when a good friend recommended me these two products (am not affiliated to them in any way, just wanted to put it out there to help a fellow reddit friend) -- The first solution is a massage mat which derives its origins from an ancient Indian healing method which dates back to 5,000 years ago (https://the-orthorelief.com/products/orthorelief%E2%84%A2-acupressure-massage-mat). Simply by laying on this mat for 20 mins a day, you'll be in a deep state of relaxation, and this really helps to relieve any aches or pain from your neck, shoulder -- all the way to your upper and lower back.

    The second item that really helped me with my condition -- in particular my degenerative disks in the cervical region -- is this neck traction device (https://the-orthorelief.com/) which helps to relief pain by gently stretching your neck and spine.

    Hopefully this changes someone's life the way it did for mine :') Cheers, and feel free to reach out to me if you need any other tips!

    submitted by /u/skyultima
    [link] [comments]

    Easy and basic glutes exercises! A good and easy home workout for this monday! have a nice fit week

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Thoughts about Jason Blaha’s 5x5 routine?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Have anyone here tried Jason Blaha's 5x5 program, and what did you think about it... i've used it when K first started lifting and K thought it was aboslutely lovely! Here's a link for anyone not knowing what this routine is:

    https://provedfitness.com/jason-blahas-5x5-the-best-beginner-workout-routine/

    submitted by /u/According-Isopod-910
    [link] [comments]

    Home Dumbbell Shoulder Workout

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    7 MIN FOR ABS and CORE MADE OF STEEL WORKOUT | At Home No Equipment

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Working out in the cold less effective?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 07:42 AM PST

    I walk/jog 30 mins everyday but in the cold i never sweat isweat a bit when i get back in the house. But in the heat ill sweat s lot and I'm scared Im not burning anything in the cold 😭

    submitted by /u/buugtdbgt
    [link] [comments]

    Rebel Wilson opened up about her weight loss transformation

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    Rebel Wilson an Australian actress finally opened up about her weight loss transformation in social media. Aso, shared workout program, tips, and diet plan.

    submitted by /u/Buildingbeast
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment