• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Left arm lost strength at beginning of workout. Dumbbell press. What’s going on?

    Beginner Fitness: Left arm lost strength at beginning of workout. Dumbbell press. What’s going on?


    Left arm lost strength at beginning of workout. Dumbbell press. What’s going on?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:22 PM PST

    Was just at the gym and my first dumbbell press I did the same weight I've been doing for last few weeks. My left arm would not press the weight today. Dropped 10 lbs and left arm still was having a ton of difficulty with even that which should be fairly easy. Went to triceps next. Left arm was weak on this as well. Curls were fine. No pain on any movement. Anyone ever had this? Not sure what the heck happened. I left after the curls. Thought I'd try and rest.

    submitted by /u/PizzaboySteve
    [link] [comments]

    Consistent low weights vs heavier weights ever other day

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Question: Is it better to lift lighter weights everyday (deadlifts/squats/hip thrusts) or work out every other day with heavier weights

    I am a 25 years old female with a fat gut and flat butt which resulted from a few years of terribly sedentary lifestyle.I'm hoping to get fit but every time I have very ambitious fitness goals like hitting the gym every other day, I usually stick to it for about a month or so before my lack of discipline kicks in and also my long work commute makes it more difficult to find time for gym nowadays.

    So now I'm trying to start again by doing stuff i can do at home. But this means I don't have very heavy weights. I currently have a pair of 5kg dumbbells that I use for some basic workouts. All tips I've read talked about working out every other day and do progressive overload but I dont have more weights to add.

    Wanted to ask if consistently lifting low weights can still help gain some muscles (mainly the glutes) for the time being or is this a completely worthless routine?

    Also sliding in a squat question: is it better for the legs to be wider or narrower? Should we squat all the way down? I find that going so low makes my knees goes pass my feet and have read that this is bad squat form so hoping for some insights.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/catmeow0412
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t feel chest when working out

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Is it uncommon for me to not really feel my chest when working out but my chest is sore the next day? I don't know if I'm doing it wrong if the part I'm working out is sore the next day.

    submitted by /u/Chimp615
    [link] [comments]

    Half Marathon Training for Beginners

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:30 AM PST

    If you want to know how you could get into running and eventually run even a half marathon. Follow our YouTube video series for how to train for a Half Marathon! Most of running is mind over matter so we're going to be showing you how our minds shifted and perspective changed to help us run a half marathon!

    Half Marathon Training for Beginners Part 1

    submitted by /u/peanutbutter1898
    [link] [comments]

    Quick glutes workout to start the week strong!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3iAbYcryw&t=1s

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:03 AM PST

    Here you have a quick glutes workout!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3iAbYcryw&t=1s

    Don't forget to train the glutes as they are one of the largest muscles in our body.

    submitted by /u/FollowMargot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment