• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 15, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: I can’t do body weight squats properly. When I start to bring my back down, I get to a point where my back says no so I have to compensate by either bringing my knees too far forward or my back too far forward. Any ideas?

    Beginner Fitness: I can’t do body weight squats properly. When I start to bring my back down, I get to a point where my back says no so I have to compensate by either bringing my knees too far forward or my back too far forward. Any ideas?


    I can’t do body weight squats properly. When I start to bring my back down, I get to a point where my back says no so I have to compensate by either bringing my knees too far forward or my back too far forward. Any ideas?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:03 PM PST

    Basic strength training program feedback / suggestions for where to ask

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:03 PM PST

    Hi, I'd like some feedback on and maybe tips for improving my strength training program from more experienced people. I'm not really sure where to post, so I decided to try here (the other weightlifting subs seem to be just for intermediate/advanced people). If someone has a suggestion for another or more appropriate sub to ask in, it would be appreciated.

    I'm looking for feedback specific to my current program, not suggestions for a completely different program. I'm using a resistance rod/bench set and currently cycling through the following exercises, doing 5 sets of 8-10 reps of the same exercise each day. I only have ~20min max per day, so I figured just focusing on doing 40-50 reps of one a day was better than doing 8-10 reps of 5 different ones, but someone correct me if the 2nd approach would be better. I should add if these exercises have different or more common names I'm afraid I don't know them, these are just what they were called in the manual that came with my equipment.

    Shoulder Extension (elbows stabilized)

    Seated Shoulder Press - Shoulder Adduction (and elbow extension)

    Seated Lat Rows - Shoulder Extension (and elbow flexion)

    Bench Press - Shoulder Horizontal Adduction (and elbow extension)

    Lying Biceps Curl - Elbow Flexion (in supination)

    So that's it, just those 5. I also do endurance running (20-30 miles a week) so I don't really want to focus on leg exercises. I would like to get more core strength training. I tried the "McGill big 3" for core, but they barely feel like doing anything so maybe I'm going them wrong.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rolliejoe
    [link] [comments]

    Is this "hip lift" exercise safe?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/1f8yoFFdkcY?t=461

    What I found interesting, that this exercise looks very different from traditional hip lift

    Is it safe?

    Also, I'm not sure how to do it correctly.

    submitted by /u/ArtisticFox8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment