• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Two 4*x sets of push ups a day, is it safe?

    Beginner Fitness: Two 4*x sets of push ups a day, is it safe?


    Two 4*x sets of push ups a day, is it safe?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Hello, I can't think of a better way to describe what I mean in the title so let me explain.

    I work out at home, upper body two times per week and I start with push ups- 4 sets with various reps, depends on the day (let's say 16-14-14-12 with a proper form).After push-ups I do pull ups, triceps with resistance band and two exercises where you pull a band from behind (not sure what's the name and how to explain it better). Today right after that I tired to do another sets of push ups, however there is some noticeable pain in the chest as the muscle is already "damaged" but I can still push through it, so is it safe or is it even worth doing it for the second time (of course less reps this time)?

    Btw. apparently "There have been many past threads on this topic that can be found by using the search feature of Reddit" by the /r/fitness bot, but I can't find it so here I am.

    submitted by /u/Cid227
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a iPhone app

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I've created a workout plan for myself and I'm looking for a iPhone app that will allow me to track my reps and weights. I tried using strong workout tracker but the free features are a bit limited and I'd rather pay a flat fee to get all the features rather than a monthly subscription as my gym costs enough as it is. What apps do you all use?

    submitted by /u/ThaliaKleio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment