• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    How to Handle Calories Transitioning to a Bulk?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Hey all. I've been cutting for 3 months now, and have decided it's time for me to start putting some muscle on.

    One problem: I've never bulked before. I'm not new to the fitness scene (I've lifted for two years and wrestled for ten), but I am new to this whole cutting/bulking deal.

    My maintenence is 2000 cals, and I plan to eat 2500 to bulk. My question is about how fast I should make that transition. Should I start eating 2500 tomorrow, or slowly work up at increments of 50/100 per day?

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/deklahC
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to use unbalanced dumbbells?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    I'm not talking about different weights on each arm. What I mean by unbalanced dumbbell is say a 4,5 kg plate on one side and a 2,5 kg plate on the other side of the dumbbell and the same on the other hand. Is it ok to do this or should I just lower the weight so that the dumbbell is balanced?

    submitted by /u/HighScheme
    [link] [comments]

    Eating calories from exercise

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Can anyone point me to information about eating calories from exercise? I understand heart rate monitors and fitness trackers are not terribly accurate. When I started dieting and exercising I was only getting an extra 200-300 calories from exercise. So I didn't concern myself with eating them. I have significantly upped my cardio. And want to find out if there is better information about this. Currently I am rowing 6 days a week. And I generally burn 1300-1500 calories according to my heart rate monitor. But my weight loss has been erratic since I started working out so hard. One week I dropped 5 pounds. So I started eating more. This week I haven't lost anything. I understand fluctuations. And I'm not in a hurry to lose weight. Just want to have as much information to make good decisions as I can. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nevadadealers
    [link] [comments]

    Chances of rhabdomyolysis as begginer lifter

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    I feel like this should be a "r/nostupidquestions" post but I just started at gym a week ago did my first leg session fairly light just to get into things.

    Today I went for my second legs day with a couple of my friends who are long term lifters.

    I did 3 sets of 20 on the leg curl, then afterwoulds they got me to a set of 100 on the leg press(it was light weight) but still burnt pretty bad. They wanted me to do more so I did another set and got to 20 before I remember about rhabdomyolysis. And I told them I felt sick so I left.

    I feel like I worrying about nothing but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.

    Obviously this isn't a health sub reddit so I'm not looking for medical advise, just if any of you have experience with this, I just don't want to rush of to a doctor for no reason but also don't want my anxiety to spiral.

    submitted by /u/TDL121
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I losing hair?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    To start off, I'm still on my weight loss journey. I(30M) am 5 foot 6 inches (167.64 cm) started at 105 kg (231.485 lbs) about 4 months and 1 week ago, and now currently at 82 kg(180.779 lbs). I'm doing nothing special, just CICO, cardio, and weight training. Taking no supplements other than whey protein, and currently eat about 1550 - 1770 calories.

    What worries me is that my hair is noticeably thinner(?) than when I started. Is this normal? Don't want to be bald early, LMAO.

    submitted by /u/you_troll
    [link] [comments]

    What's people's opinions on German volume training?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I'm on my 6 cycle of phase one at the moment and I'm loving it, I've put on a good 4 kg of muscle so far. Just wondering if anyone has had a good/bad experience following this fitness plan?

    submitted by /u/dom_ini_c
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment