• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: I have everything but the will power

    Beginner Fitness: I have everything but the will power


    I have everything but the will power

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    For quite some time now I have been trying to convince myself to get off my ass and get going. I guess it's true when they say the first step is always the hardest. Well, I should know, I've done it all before... so why can't I do it now?

    It was ~10 years ago when I was last in decent shape, I was pretty muscular, quite into bodyweight training and I'd run 5 miles 3-4 times a week. Since then I went back to school, focused on my career and had children. Life just became very comfortable and I stopped caring about my fitness. For years I would slouch at my desk for up to 10 hours a day not really considering the issues that would develop over time, which I'm now facing up to.

    The strength and endurance I had worked hard to build vanished quickly, to be replaced by fat from binge eating and many takeouts, a weak core resulting in my belly now protruding and breathlessness after a few minutes of playing with my kids. I am 33 next week and I think it's time I take this seriously and rectify what is now a pretty bad posture problem (APT, rounded shoulders and forward head), the lower back pain has just started and I really want to fix this before it becomes worse. I want to start running again and rebuild the endurance I once had and would love to get back into bodyweight training. Essentially, I just want to regain my self confidence.

    So, what's holding me back right now? Admittedly, it's my will power. I have everything I need to get going; I have past experience, some basic home equipment, new running shoes and a calorie deficit to work with - hell, I even have a FREE gym membership that I've barely used for the past 3 years since having it (a perk of my job). I'm just really struggling to take that first step. I think with everything I want to do i.e. lose some weight, fix posture, bodyweight training etc, it's perhaps a little overwhelming and anxiety inducing thinking of everything I need to do. I have the motivation, I know what my goals are and I know I can reach them eventually, even if it does feel like a million miles away.

    Did any of you have this feeling of being overwhelmed? What did you do to kick start your journey? Hearing your stories or just some words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and apologies for the long post which is basically me just feeling sorry for myself - pathetic I know lol!

    submitted by /u/jaydog_87
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Pull Up Variations that are also GREAT for those with back pain!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    To be honest, these pull-up variations are great whether you are a beginner or advanced. Without much thought at all, you can make this exercise as easy or as hard as you need.

    I show you 3 of my favorite ways of doing this here

    Like it? Love it? Let me know!

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment