• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Molding Mobility

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Molding Mobility


    Routine Campfire - Molding Mobility

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: Molding Mobility

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - September 23, 2020

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Slowly increasing weight

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I am relatively new to the gym, and I just read an article explaining how he adds 1 pound to each of his lifts per week, theoretically increasing his lifts by 50 pounds each year. Is this something worth considering, or is this BS?

    submitted by /u/neonriby
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bodybuilding: Introducing a higher rep day instead of 3 heavy days?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    Recently I have been going to the gym three times a week. I do full-body everytime. This mostly includes the big compound movements. So I squat, bench, OHP, row and sometimes do some pull ups and dips. So far I've been really enjoying this. My gains have increased as I used to go three times a week and just do different body parts.

    My issue recently is that as I've gone heavier with progress, I am not quite recovering in time to lift as heavy or heavier than the last workout. Especially if I go mon/weds/fri so I only get one day recovery.

    I have read a lot about doing lower weight days where you go a percentage under your normal weight (I do 10 reps for most things) and do 20+ reps. Today I tried it and done 30 reps of squats for example and the same for bench. I really loved the feeling, especially getting loads of blood in the muscle. I also found especially with squats it really challenged my heart/endurance which highlighted something that needs working on.

    My question: Is this worth it? I'm thinking about making my middle day this from now on, where I do lower weight for higher reps to hit the different muscle fibers, help recovery and increase muscle size. I have heard really good things especially for squats about doing high rep and putting on size. Thoughts? So it would be two heavy days, one at the start and one at the end. With a lighter day in the middle. Still doing full-body.

    submitted by /u/CLU2049
    [link] [comments]

    When should i add strength training relative to the rest of my exercise?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    I'm currently running 5 days a week training for a marathon, with a Tuesday 'week start'. I run 20k< on Tuesday, short runs Wednesday Thursday, rest Friday, Interval training Saturday, slow 8k Sunday, rest Monday.

    I want to add strength training to this, should I do it on the days that I rest from running? Say Monday Wednesday Friday? Or should my rest days be total rest days? Cheers

    submitted by /u/xx78900
    [link] [comments]

    Can I eat my extra remaining calories from yesterday today?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    I had about an extra 300 calories left over yesterday and I wasn't that hungry. Could I eat an extra 300 calories today to makeup for that as I'm trying to maintain weight

    submitted by /u/xXSNEAKY_RAZORXx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment