• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Joe DeFranco's Limber 11

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Joe DeFranco's Limber 11


    Routine Campfire - Joe DeFranco's Limber 11

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: Joe DeFranco's Limber 11

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - September 12, 2020

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Activities that build/require core strength?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I have very little core strength and I'm hoping to start building it up. I know all the usual exercises but I'm looking for an activity rather than a "workout." I love to do a lot of outdoors stuff, hiking, biking, canoeing etc. Are there outdoor activities that really work the core? Skateboarding? Roller blading? Particular types of dancing? I'm open to anything!

    I'm coming out of a tough bout of depression and trying to get back into shape. I'm halfway through the C25K program and working on some body weight routines on Nike training club. I used to lift weights at the gym but that's out for a while for obvious reasons.

    submitted by /u/LindsayIsBoring
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Ok Gym rats - for the general population...how important is ab / core training ?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Like the title says - when it comes to 'most people' how important is core work, really ?
    Can you get away with not doing it since you develop a strong core by doing the 4 big lifts? Or is it a case of 'chicken and the egg'?

    submitted by /u/Type_ya_name_here
    [link] [comments]

    Calorie deficit and maintenance.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I'm a 17 year old boy weighing approximately 82 kg (180,77 lbs) and about 190 cm (6'2).

    I was wondering how big of a deficit i should be in if i would like to lose fat, while still maintaining a decent amount of muscle.

    I workout 5-6 times a week and play soccer 2-3 times a week.

    Currently i am trying to eat 1900 calories a day, but i'm litteraly starving at the end of the day.

    I've tried high volume, low calorie foods and i've also tried some intermittent fasting while at home.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/LordYenn
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does this foam roller suck? My muscles are tight and it hurts when ever i try going with this roller on my upper back and clavs

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    This one here

    Did i just waste my money?

    It is a ufc foam roller one

    Are those bumps even useful?

    submitted by /u/zexthereaper
    [link] [comments]

    Bicep excercises

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    I've been sticking to my workout and diet plan for about a solid month now and seeing improvement in all areas of my body. I only have a pull up bar, which I use to do over hand and under hand pull ups. My triceps are looking good, but my biceps are only looking a little bigger. When I do my pull ups it feels like it's my triceps doing all the work. I do push ups too, but those mainly work my triceps And chest I think. So I'm here to ask you guys am I doing something wrong? Are there any other excercise I can do at home to isolate my biceps with minimal equipment? I'll probably have to stop being a cheap ass and invest in some dumbbells, but in the meantime is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/dbullets93
    [link] [comments]

    How long should total rest time be compared to exercise time?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    I'm using jefit and as a very new beginner I'm not sure if my workouts are efficient? I'm taking 1.30 minute breaks between sets and this usually works out in the end of about 40 minutes rest and 25-30 minutes of actual exercise, is this a good ratio?

    submitted by /u/VomPineapple
    [link] [comments]

    Question about macros

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Macros https://imgur.com/a/GbiU8ql This is my macros for the week. Is it bad that my fats are high and carbs are low. Im hitting my protein almost always.

    submitted by /u/aleks_67
    [link] [comments]

    Need help putting on mass at a prep school, considering Weight Gainer

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    Some backstory: 17 years old, lost 27 lbs. (and mostly all my previous muscle) in a car accident a year ago. Back to the same weight as I was before the accident. I started doing push-ups this summer before school started (gyms were closed). But I'm fortunate enough to go to a prep school with a weight room. So I've been lifting now for one month, i'm already seeing some decent beginner gains, but I'm having a lot of trouble putting on mass.

    Thinking about getting Russian Bear 5000. I'm an ectomorph, 5'10 and 130lbs. I don't have access to a place where I can make food. They allow us to bring food from home to the dorms, but they don't allow mini-fridges. Right now I'm stocked up on PBJ's, ramen, mac and cheese, pistachios/other nuts, 30gprotein/2.5gcreatine powder, and protein bars. I've been trying for the last month to gain weight, yet I've not seemed to gain any weight (if so like ~1 pound). They serve three meals on the weekdays, (and two on weekends, fucking ridiculous!) and the breakfast is usually eggs (or an egg sandwich of some sort) with a side of either sausage, biscuits, or french toast. They serve other things obviously like fruit, yogurt, etc. and I eat that with my breakfast too. The lunch and dinners are usually pretty good, but I'm the type of person who can't eat as much as others in one sitting, ESPECIALLY for breakfast, and I prefer eating smaller meals throughout the day to get my calories.

    It is definitely 100% doable, because there are plenty of other kids who have a good amount of muscle on them. I just don't know why I can't gain weight. I'm thinking about drinking a weight gainer after every meal, thoughts?

    Also let me know what foods are storeable without a fridge, that help with muscle/weight gain.

    submitted by /u/yung-n123
    [link] [comments]

    Unracking ohp from safety pins

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    Is there anything wrong with unracking the bar from safety pins and doing your set instead of unracking from the clamps and having to take 2 steps back? Saw someone do it in a video and I want to try it next time I overhead press, is there a reason more people don't do this? I'm not talking about a pin press here

    submitted by /u/Gazerni
    [link] [comments]

    I developed mental weakness

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Hi folks,

    For the last weeks, I tried to retrospective my Workouts and whats going on at the time doing them and afterwards.

    And I came to the conclusion I developed me Tal weakness by myself. I cannot get the pump in bicep curls anymore, before burn, they stopped. Pullups stalled at 5 consecutives. Was formerly at 10.

    I also feel no more excitment before the Training. I literally couldnt Fall asleep thinking of Deadlifting or being Training the next Day. Now its a habit, I used to, I made the schedule and so on. Its not that i dont like Training anymore but I feel I just give up too early or doing only 80%.

    I train 3x week full body + 1 cardio + 5 - 7x week core

    How Can I be Training at 100% again? Any Advice?

    submitted by /u/jokingly1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment