• Breaking News

    Monday, August 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Does cardio fitness gained from running translate to other physical activities?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys if i run and improve my cardio that way will it translate to other activities such as hard manual labour e.g. splitting wood,carrying heavy stuff etc or will it just improve my running endurance,because i noticed i get winded and sweat like a pig before my muscles/strength ever fail me.

    submitted by /u/FunkyFre5h
    [link] [comments]

    Oblique Twists

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    When performing this exercise, do you keep your torso straight and just move your arms as much as you can left to right, or do you twist your torso as you move your arms left to right?

    submitted by /u/manmanmanman55
    [link] [comments]

    Which gym plan to do 2x week for aesthetics?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I'm mostly interested in aesthetics and strength. I train Muay Thai and BJJ (martial arts) 3x a week (tuesday, thursday and saturday).

    I am planning on hitting gym after 2h of martial arts considering the place has one. What do I start?

    I know the basic compound movements and how they're done since I used to do full body 3x a week before

    submitted by /u/No_Scale
    [link] [comments]

    Question about lifting straps

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    I just bought a new pair of lifting straps and i have never used them before. Can i use straps while still doing a mixed grip or does it have to be strictly overhand grip to use the straps?

    submitted by /u/AnbuPsycho
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best way for me to take a break from weight training.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    I've been working out for about 4 months now and I've gained 20 pounds. I used to be 140 now i'm 160. I'm 17 and 5'11. I targeted each muscle group on its own day every week with different dumbell and body weight exercises. I also ate a high protein diet (.95 per lb). But tbh i'm feeling really burnt out, unmotivated, and bored. I tried switching up my exercises and I still felt down. I'm really considering taking like a month long break from a super high protein diet and daily weight training, and instead eating at a little bit above my maintenance calories and protein level. And cycling, jogging, swimming, walking, doing pushups, sit-ups, pullups, and maybe some abs and calves instead of doing weights.

    My question is will my plan really hurt the heavy gains I've made over the last 4 months? Is it backwards or is it a good way to take a break?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/avi2332
    [link] [comments]

    Hands Free Exercises

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    I'm currently working through an injury to both of my hands that means I'm incapable of grabbing a bar or pushing too hard against a flat surface. Does anyone have any suggestions for hands free exercises?

    submitted by /u/kjdnlfn
    [link] [comments]

    Training for Vert and fast twitch, is standing and walking a lot affecting it?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    I'm in the strength phase right now, but worried when I start plyos, that being on my feet for long periods of time will affect that.

    submitted by /u/datsbunk
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to work out if I'm not eating as much as I should be?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Basically I'm at 135lbs and fluctuate between that weight and 125lbs. I really struggle to gain weight. Recently I've been wanting to get into shape and I figured I'd start by eating more and putting on some pounds but that hasn't been going as I'd like. I haven't been working out cause I don't want to burn off what precious few calories I do get a day. Is this right or should I not worry? Can I still work out if I'm not meeting my daily caloric goal?

    submitted by /u/ChiefChaka
    [link] [comments]

    Is a workout with only 2 2.5 kilo (5.5 pound) / 1 5 kilo (11 pounds) dumbbells possible?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Hi im 17 and want to get into shape a bit. I found 2 dumbells at 2.5 k/5.5 lb in the basement and wanted to start working out a bit. I do that mainly at night in secrecy, bc I want my parents to notice my improvements by themselves.

    I started working out with them about a week ago. At first I was stuggeling with them a bit (im not the sporty type) and i was sweating like hell. Now 7 days later they are easy and I dont even really start sweatin too much during my 45 min- 1h workout. I found this video on a workout with only light dumbbells, but I think he uses way heavyer ones. I went along with this training, but always changed things up and added another 30-40% to that workout shown in the video. I also added some crunches into the mix to maybe train my stomach a bit

    My "fear" is that this is basically doing nothing. While yes, im lifting these things for about 50 minutes daily and do a few crunches, that it isnt really doing anything. It has only been a week, so idk when a noticable change can be noticed.

    Is there any way to work out with these light af dumbbells and actually get semi buff (or at least a bit slimmer and a few muscles)?

    Thanks for reading, if u have any questions id love to respond

    submitted by /u/MineedTV
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any benefit to training a single rep range over all possible rep ranges?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Like only training 8x4 for a specific exercise, vs adjusting the rep range each workout so that you're consistently training the full range of reps? I ask because I used to do Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size which uses a linear periodization and saw good progress on that, and now am doing a modified PPL with linear progression rep ranges. Obviously the results change depending on your experience level, but thought I'd get the community's insight

    submitted by /u/420yeet4ever
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about amount of sets for chest workout?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I hope you are well I am not sure if the way I am working out is correct. I want hypertrophy and I don't care much about strength.

    The way I'd workout my chest would be doing flat bench press for 5 sets x 12 reps.

    I make sure that I use a weight that does not let me lift my 13th rep.

    On my 5th set, I can't lift for more than 8 reps. This is when I decide to end the workout.

    I don't know how people recommend to do 20 sets or more for chest. I mean if I can't lift more than 8 reps on my 5th set, am I supposed to keep going and do 15 sets with a lower weight?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/removeyourmask
    [link] [comments]

    Is working out everyday bad for me?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I am a seventeen years old male and I started lifting and doing calisthenics at home about three months ago, and I worked out more than one hour everyday due to a full-body programme. But I have came across people claiming that doing this is harmful and I should give my body some time to recover, and therefore build muscle. Some other things I readed say it's okay. And I've learned that Arnold and some other famous builders worked out six times a week. I work out mostly in the evening and I've grown to liking this thing real good so I wanna lift everyday. Is doing this bad, good or indifferent for someone trying to build a decent physique? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Tarhundaradu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment