• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Is there an “illusion” of size with low body fat percentages?

    Beginner Fitness: Is there an “illusion” of size with low body fat percentages?


    Is there an “illusion” of size with low body fat percentages?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    For years I thought at 5'10 you had to be at least 180-200lbs to "look big". Judging by all the photos in Physique Friday posts it seems like the best bodies are those between 160-180lbs.

    Is it an illusion due to low body fat?

    submitted by /u/JobHuntingCovid19
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Obliques uneven

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    I've just recently got back into working out and I've made some pretty good progress but this morning I was looking in the mirror doing my morning stretches and notice that the right side of my obliques has two "rows"(excuse my lack of terminology) showing while the other is showing 3. I figured maybe I'm working out wrong but it just seems off because the right side of my body is the dominant side and the one I use most often. I figured if any side would be more developed it would be the right. Genetics maybe? But anyways do you have any suggestions to fix this? However I am more concerned with your thoughts on why this wouldn't be since it doesn't quite add up.

    submitted by /u/hazelnutgarcia
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 29, 2020

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Next set of dumbbells?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I moved from 15 to 25 and I'm about to cap 25. I would like to get 35 but they are sold out so it's either 30 or 40. Is 40 too much of a gap? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sukene
    [link] [comments]

    How to track calories?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    I want to gain some muscle mass but I am unsure how to count calories. Its not a problem when I am in store to buy food, all is written on the bag. The problem is when I have a meal in my job and I go to a restaurant where I have self serve salad bar. I have no idea how to track that. take a bit of beans, tuna with olives, chickpeas, bit chicken pieces, rice with vegetables. I have no idea how many calories does my serving has since there is nothing written. Or when you go to a restaurant, how to track that?

    submitted by /u/Jay087
    [link] [comments]

    10lb dumbbells

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    So I have been working out for a while. I started this June but stopped for 1.5 months due to online classes. I am using 2 10lb dumbbells using a 5 day workout plan I saw online. To me, I feel there are small gains and Im pretty satisfied with my progress in the moment. But looking long term, do 2 10lb dumbbells still create progress, say after 2 months of working out? I am doing total body workouts. I stand at 165cm and weigh 143lb.

    submitted by /u/weychey
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    I just did a 7 minute ab workout plan. Keep in mind i dont work out very much but im also not overweight and I am 16m.]

    After the workout I noticed when i lean back it almost feels like it gets heavy almost like gravity is pulling harder when I lean back. I am not concerned just asking is this normal post workout?

    submitted by /u/Madxj
    [link] [comments]

    Pain on ball of the foot during sled push?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Has anyone else experienced a sharp intense pain at the bottom of their foot while pushing th sled? It feels almost as if I'm burning the skin off. I wear Converse as they have the best grip out of all my footwear, but when it started hurting bad last time I switched to my Adipowers (decent grip but still not as good as the Converse).

    I'm not sure if it's my technique, but I doubt it. I push through with my forefoot while assisting with the back foot as well.

    Any suggestions? I'm frustrated because I've always hated the sled and now that I finally started doing it regularly, I LOVE it. But now my foot hurts like a bitch.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/str0ngher
    [link] [comments]

    What is with people confusing Fat for Muscle? How is there any point to being higher bodyfat?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    I've encountered it many times, especially somewhat recently. They'll just comment on their scale weight and say ("I'm 200lbs, I'm really making progress!") and think that fatceps and a bunch of bulk is actually a well-built physique when it's just the result of no self-control when it comes to diet and not moving nearly enough. Yeah technically your arms are larger but it's just fat, water and glycogen, it looks like shit.

    I literally don't see how there is any point to being above about 15% bodyfat (I know it's subjective and hard to measure but roughly the point where there is no ab definition and minimal to no muscle separation visible).

    It's much worse for your health and not only that but it looks bad. Having a puffy moonface, mantits and a stomach isn't a good look, you won't even lose much strength or muscle if you reduce your bodyfat from borderline obesity level. How is there ANY reason to be high bodyfat?

    Is it just a coping mechanism some people use, as in working out for a few hours a week now justifies gorging on junkfood?

    "But I look bigger in clothes", marginally... and people realize when they see you have puffy cheeks and there's no muscle separation or vascularity that it is just fat.

    "But I can lift more weight", it's called relative strength. Unless you plan to be a 120kg+ monster squatting 900+ lbs it probably makes almost no difference in terms of being impressive athletically.

    "There's no weight classes in the jungle, I can outgrapple you in a fight to the death" What the hell? Sure it has a benefit in an extremely specific made-up scenario, but might as well bring up how lifting weights is dumb when you could be in the gun range or training knife fighting for some deathmatch scenario.

    Am I missing something here, what is the point of being fat?

    submitted by /u/moneyhelp1111
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment