• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: How to not be sedentary at home

    Beginner Fitness: How to not be sedentary at home


    How to not be sedentary at home

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    With COVID-19 restrictions, my days look like this: completely sedentary except for 40 minutes on a treadmill.

    How can I incorporate movement into my day at home?

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    Upper body help

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    The question:

    What should I be doing, or at least start trying to do for my torso and upper body? I'd like to build a little muscle on my arms, pecs, sides, and abs but I have no idea how to do it.

    Optional background:

    I (m25/6'-0" tall) went from 265 to 225. Partially due to a healthier lifestyle, partially due to some undiagnosed food allergies. Was living abroad and getting a lot of cardio in, but due to covid, I had to move back to the United States end of March. After figure out what food issues I had, I was surprisingly able to keep the weight all off, and noticed that I also have more muscle than I remember on my torso, and a lack of muscle on my arms and pectorals.

    While I still have love handles, I don't think I have a whole lot of extra weight on me. I have a larger frame and long torso, so being on the heavier side is just part of my dna... I don't have a lot of experience with exercising to tone or build muscle... and gyms aren't an option right now...

    I also eat fairly healthy. I could eat more vegetables for sure, but I don't drink (can't really process alcohol), allergic to pork and wheat, and also lactose intolerant, so a lot of high weight gain foods are already just not part of my diet.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zzyardtop
    [link] [comments]

    If I stop getting sore, does it mean it’s time to increase the intensity?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    I used to get sore from my lower body workouts the morning after but haven't in the past week or so. Does it mean it's time to increase the weights/ intensity of my routine?

    submitted by /u/grove4lyf
    [link] [comments]

    Dumbbells

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    What size dumbbells are good to have? Where are they available?

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to focus more on cardio or weight training?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Hi I'm 23 and over the past year I've lost 6 stone going from 17stone (107KG/235lb) to 11stone (69KG/152lb) now I'm at a comfortable weight that I'm not so self conscious (for me) I want to start going to the gym and tone up and increase my strength, I've never gymed before and it's all new to me, I still have a bit of lower belly fat (just above waistline) which I want gone, do I now need to focus on weight training, or keep the majority of my training in cardio (running bike riding etc..)? I've started daily push up and pull up training and already seeing my strength increase, I'm not looking for someone to make me a plan just want to be pointed in the right direction, any help will be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Jake1781
    [link] [comments]

    Build stronger hips and glutes with this super simple exercise - This is a back pain friendly version!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    You see a lot of "grow a bigger butt with this" type of content out there but a lot of it is coached wrong.

    Maybe I just care too much about detail but when it comes to getting the MOST out of an exercise the details are what really matter.

    I break down this super simple exercise and show you how to maximize the results you get without using anything more than your bodyweight!

    How To Do Single Leg Glute Bridge - Build stronger hips and glutes with this exercise!

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    EASY STANDING ABS WORKOUT FOR BEGINNERS- NO EQUIPMENT |AT-HOME WORKOUT

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Working out can be hard, you feel like someone judging you when you at the gym. I understand and if you are looking to work your core and get strong abs then check out this video. I would love to be apart of your fitness journey. To motivate, inspire and workout right along with you every step of the way. Lets workout together. https://youtu.be/JcnX30qsrUg

    submitted by /u/scullyerica
    [link] [comments]

    6 mins Hip&Legs workout. Many more short videos on the channel if you’re just getting started or don’t have time for the gym��

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Top 10 Upper Body Workout For Muscle Gain & Strenth

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    1. Overhead shoulder press
    2. Wide grip Pull-ups
    3. Lat-Pull down
    4. Bench press
    5. Inclined dumbbell bench press
    6. Dumbbell overhead triceps extension
    7. Concentration curl
    8. Barbell Bent-over row
    9. Cable Rowing
    10. Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curl

    You can also try I-Y-T Raises.

    submitted by /u/murshid_akram
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment