• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Is walking a mile a day worth it to lose weight on pcos?

    Beginner Fitness: Is walking a mile a day worth it to lose weight on pcos?


    Is walking a mile a day worth it to lose weight on pcos?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Background: Hello! I am 30 and have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). I am fairly sedentary due to my job. I am 165lbs now, at 5 ft. I've lost 5 lbs in what.. 4 months? So that might not even count since weight fluctuates. I'm not losing any weight at all anymore. I've reduced soda consumption severely over the past few years and I've reduced fast food consumption the past few months (you know, since most of us are at home) but I am just not losing weight.

    Issue: i started playing football (just kicking the ball round in the yard) with a relative to mostly spend time with her and it made me want to walk/run more. So I want to walk a mile a day, 5 days a week. I can't really jog or run because my calves and legs buuuuurrrnnnnn when i do (I walked a mile today) so I figured I'd build up to it.

    Is walking a mile a day even worth it? Or am I just wasting my time. I really want to lose weight because I am at risk of developing diabetes and heart disease but pcos makes losing weight so so hard, and my doctor has told me as well that I need to lose weight. I'm embarassed that I cannot lose the weight. It's taken all I have to not give up and accept that this is my life.

    I have no fitness experience or background, i used to be very skinny but I was never fit. I was probably in worse shape when I was really skinny because I'd get short of breath just walking up the stairs but now I don't. This is why I dont want to lose weight to be skinny, I want to be fit and healthy and to look and feel good about my body. But I really wanna see that scale go down.

    submitted by /u/Jigglyp0fff
    [link] [comments]

    You don't have to do DEADLIFTS to build a strong back or overall posterior chain (back of the body)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Starting out in the gym can be intimidating and odds are you will follow what other people are doing or whatever you found for free on the internet.

    After suffering from a ruptured L5-S1 Disc for over 8 years and now living chronic pain free (without surgery or medication) I wish someone would have educated me better on exercise choice.

    If deadlifts seem intimidating, cause pain, or just not fitting with your current plan try these out instead.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge! what exercise would you add to my Routine ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Hello Brothers and Sisters of the holy Gym!

    I´l show you my routine below, and ask what ONE exercise would you add to make better or more complete.

    i dont plan to have a complete all muscles routine, just one that I'm happy doing and overall balanced between the body.

    I´ve restarted a fitness routine that I'm pretty happy with. I´ve splitted it in two, upper body and lower body and they are basically compound and bodyweight exercises that i like to do or that i don't hurt myself while doing them, these are the two requisites.

    Warmup

    Day A - Upper body

    - dumbell Arnold press (bicep curl with overhead lift)

    -push up progression

    - pull up progression

    - parallel bars dip hold

    Day B - Lower Body

    Warmup

    - Squat

    - Planks (lateral and front)

    - back lunge

    So, what is your opinion fellow fittner? am i missing any important stuff ? what would you add? just one please. as i said my goal is not to go to all muscles possible, just a good overall and balanced routine. thanks

    submitted by /u/tanplan
    [link] [comments]

    question about workout

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    im doing a 5 day split upper lower ppl, my question is because on the upper body workout it follows more of a gvt style workout, and i do 10x10 dips and pullups and other accesory exercises, then the push aand pull workouts im debating wether i should make thme more of a strength type workout and work in the 1-6 rep range or wether i should make them more hypertrophy type workout and work more in the 6-12 rep range, im not sure which one i should do, is it bad if i just alternate between them week in week out and switch it up as i get bored?

    submitted by /u/Milzy19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment