• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Move Routine

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Move Routine


    Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Move Routine

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: r/bodyweightfitness Move Routine

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 10, 2020

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does increasing weight on accessory movements really matter as long as you are progressing well with the 3 compound movements?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    I am a 21 year old, 186 pound male and am doing a 6 day split; I've been progressing well with the Big 3s: Deadlift: 375lbs Squat: 300lbs with ATG Bench: 250 (building back up to this though)

    I have done well with these but don't really do mich higher weight with accessory lifts after I usually do any of those three workouts depending on the day. I always felt like it was better to do lat pull down, leg extensions, curls, rows, etc. at a weight range where I can do 8-12 reps with good muscle contraction. Never really found my self to really do heavy duty weight on lots of accessory movement exercises like for example; on lat pulls I usually struggle to keep good form beyond 120 pounds but I can also still do pull ups for 8-10 reps well. Am I right to think making big increases in these movement isn't a huge deal as long as I'm doing well with the big 3s?

    submitted by /u/fitzy50000
    [link] [comments]

    Do macros matter?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    Imo macros dont matter as long you your protein intake is high enough.

    But yesterday i got into this argument with my girlfriend who said macros are important while dieting, you should watch the healthy fats vs unhealthy fats etc etc. I dont think this is necessary as long as you are in a deficit.

    A lot of influencers and studie seem to contradict each other.

    submitted by /u/Boindil21
    [link] [comments]

    I want to stop eating sugar.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    I don't know if this belongs in this sub, but I really want to stop eating as much sugar. Of course I can't avoid it all but what I am looking for is ways to stop myself from drinking that one soda, or going and eating out all the time. How to I train myself to stop doing those things so that I can focus on my workouts and achieve more from them.

    Thank you for any replies!

    submitted by /u/FireFox475
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Vs Bodybuilding Style Program. Benefits And Detriments?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Let's assume two identical individuals with identical genetics, diet etc choose two different styles of training program.

    Person A chooses a training style which is 75% Big 4 (Squat, bench, deadlift,military press) and 25% accessory movements

    Person B chooses a training style which is a 100% bodybuilding style program (one or two heavy exercises in the 6-8 rep range followed by high volume accessory movements in the 8-15 rep range)

    I want to know what benefits and detriments Person A's style of program possess over Person B's program

    Some detriments I can think of:

    1. More stress on joints and tendons in program A

    2. Slower growth of 'show' muscles compared to program B. Lesser focus on upper body aesthetics

    3. More overall stress on the body and CNS. More recovery needed in program A

    4. Higher risk of injury in program A

    5. More time needed to be invested to study and learn correct form, fix form issues and fix issues impeding correct form in program A

    Some benefits I can think of:

    1. You build more explosiveness in program A

    2. You lift for intrinsic goals instead of wanting to look good for others and hence enjoy it more in program A

    3. Helps fix your posture way better than program B. Program B can actually mess up your posture if not well balanced

    But thats about it. I cant think of many more benefits for the program A which is designed around the big 4. Since this sub is heavily more centered on big 4, can you help input some benefits and detriments of it?

    submitted by /u/NiceTryDisaster
    [link] [comments]

    Dumbbell vs kettlebell for squats/deadlifts?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Is there a significant difference in the two? I carry the dumbbell vertically with the top part in my palms.

    submitted by /u/nihilistictablelamp
    [link] [comments]

    How to do belly breathing properly ?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    So I've read a bit of articles here and there about the benefits of belly breathing for athletics and to reduce stress.

    I was wondering if someone could explain the proper method of belly breathing. Am I supposed to push my belly out on the inhalation ? I feel like I slightly control my stomach to go outwards during inhalation , is this correct ?

    submitted by /u/wallstreetentre
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to get in shape.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Little bit about me so you get to know me.

    Im 23 Years old ,office job, gaming for years , 75KG , 170 cm , and ive got a bodyfat% of about 25.

    I want to quit that lifestyle.

    My genetics are good in terms of my shoulder and neck i would say.

    My BMR = 1,703 Calories/day. This is without considering any activities or exercise.

    So thats what i start with.

    But where do i want to end ?

    I dont want to be that big, i just want to look lean with some muscle, a good example would be Alexander Skarsgard's Tarzan.

    So from what i've followed its possible to get there "just" by training alot with a cal.deficit.

    I dont mind doing a little cardio, but a friend told me its possible just with a deficit.

    What am i doing right now ?

    I've been in the gym for a week every day except for 1 Rest day after the first 4. I do Push/Pull

    Im trying to sleep about 8 hours.

    I eat about 1570 calories. Which should lead me to a fat loss of about 0.5 KG per week.

    Im trying to eat about 130g of Protein , 60g of Fats and as low Carbs as possible, but i dont mind eating 60g of rice as a side to my chicken. Low carbs mostly because i think those are the least needed and they mostly have high calories.

    Im done with my first week and the result is that im 0.5KG +. How ?

    I didnt lose weight but instead i increased my weight.

    Now i couldnt always go with the 1500 cal a day. but about 3/7 days i went with maybe 2000 cal.

    Still i cant understand how i got 0.5 Kg plus.

    There might be some muscle memory recovering but i dont think that could be the full reason.

    My main Protein resource is : Mostly Chicken , Sometimes Salmon , Whey Protein , little bit from Nuts.

    My main Fats resource is : Walnut , Olive oil , sometimes Salmon.

    My main Carbs resource is : Rice, Banana.

    Now you come into play !

    Correct me wherever you feel like im wrong.

    Give me your advice on how i could do things better.

    I just want to do everything right so i dont waste the time in gym.

    submitted by /u/Klinxen
    [link] [comments]

    Inconsistencies With Weight.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    The weight I put around all my exercises can be really inconsistent, some are pretty consistent, throughout all machines/cables like lat pulldowns, chest press, etc I do around 30-45 kg depends on how I feel is letting me do 8 reps and reach close to failure. But then I do barbell curls, and I can only do 2.5 kg on each side, which on strengthlevel.com says I'm stronger than 1% of lifters in my age and weight group, but with for example lat pulldown says I'm stronger than 47%, which just seems like a huge difference imo. With bench presses as well, I can put 10 kg on each side of the barbell, and I'm at 8%, and then in seated leg curl I do fucking 70 kg and get 82%. Am I calculating something wrong in the barbell exercises? Or is it really that low the weight that I'm putting, cause I do see a lot of other people in my gym put around my amount of weights in bench presses and barbell curls, yet its apperantly so low.

    submitted by /u/AlreadyTaken696969
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the program for me?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    I'm 6'1" and currently weigh 175 lbs. I exercise pretty regularly and watch what I eat but I've never able to lose my "dad bod". I can't decide what type of program is best for me. I play golf and basketball so my ideal shape would be on the leaner side but with some muscle definition.

    I've looked into low carb diets, cutting, bulking, and body recomp but I'm a novice when it comes to fitness and body building so I'm just trying to figure out what's best for me.

    submitted by /u/kendall_morrison
    [link] [comments]

    Should I eat a small healthy snack before I go for my morning run?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Just curious as to whether eating a small snack like a banana 20 mins before I go for my morning run would be beneficial to me or not.

    submitted by /u/TheRealSmoothGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Hi there

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    I've been going to different pages and I'm asking for advice. I've been lifting for years but I haven't been taking it seriously up until the start of last year. I'm 5'7 185 lbs. I have a decent amount of muscle but I also have a decent amount of fat (little bit of love handle back fat action going on). Im currently trying to get more of a shredded physique for the summer (and year round cuz I'm sick of being overweight and I want to develop better eating habits). I know that in order to lose weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit. So my question is about damage control when it comes to cutting. If I get my protein in for the day, does it matter how big of a deficit I'm in (500+)? Because I've been feeling kind of soft since I've started this cut. I've been doing 4-5x12-14 and have been trying to run atleast 1 mile a day

    submitted by /u/dmoneyy34
    [link] [comments]

    As someone who has literally JUST started to workout, Do you think I’m doing this exercise regimen right?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm a young teen (around 14) and have started arm workouts to (at worst) keep my arms normally fit and (at best) gain a little muscle!

    I usually commit to 42-60 pushups a day, (42 as in the lowest range) and then work on planking, reverse hand pushups, and certain other arm workouts for five minutes, I'm also going on half hour bike trips daily to work on cardio,

    this is just a start for me, and I'm just laying the foundation for hopefully a much more healthier summer! I would just want to ask you guys what you would recommend for me to improve, how would I gain any type of muscle mass? Could I do it without equipment?

    Please help me out!

    submitted by /u/Bickdiggly
    [link] [comments]

    What's the ideal amount of amino acids an adult male should consume to grow muscles and connective tissue?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    I'm not talking about the weight of the amino acids in terms of kgs of protein but the actual weight of each amino acid.

    submitted by /u/Jack114
    [link] [comments]

    In two weeks I'm gonna go on a bender, how can I maintain muscle mass?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    some of my friends and I planned to meet in two weeks and have our own little graduation party since we got separated by quarantine and couldn't finish school. this leaves me with three questions.

    Is it worth it to cut for these two weeks so my friends can see how ripped i've gotten? do I have enough time? since i have so little time to cut, I was thinking that I could drastically cut my calories, but I worry that I would lose too much muscle. I have been training for about a year, and I'm 6'3 at 190 pounds and 11% bodyfat (tested with calipers), but I still look a little flabby cause I lost so much weight my skin is kinda loose. i used to be 240 pounds and unable to do a pushup, so I like that my friends can see how much i improved.

    How can I maintain muscle during the bender? it will last about a week and a lot of alcohol will be consumed. I can bring creatine and protein powder but I won't have access to a gym. How much will the alcohol impair my muscle growth, and can my muscles survive off alcohol, protein powder and takis?

    I eat a very clean and healthy diet most of the time, so I am worried that suddenly eating badly will shock my body. should I start incorporating junk food and alcohol into my diet now so I am used to it? right now I am eating clean carbs like lentils, beans, rice, and good bread, as well as grass fed steak, farm fresh eggs, veggies from my family's garden etc. I also take a multivitamin, turmeric, cbd, astaxanthin, citrulline and creatine.

    submitted by /u/Smillay
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment