• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine


    Routine Campfire - r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: r/bodyweightfitness Recommended Routine

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 05, 2020

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Are health problems from obesity completely reversed when you become normal/healthy, or do some health problems "stay"?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    This seems like an easy question to answer via Google, but I can't seem to find anything.

    Being obese at 16, and having started my weight loss journey quite recently, I've thought about this question a lot. Is it "too late" when It comes to certain health effects?

    submitted by /u/Jaycub-Randy
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get healthy but my family won’t stop!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    I'm a 17 year old male from NC, I've always been big. I think the best way to describe what I look like is one of those guys who have always been tall which led to getting fat at a young age. I'm about 250 pounds (last time I checked due to the gyms being closed) and I'm 6'3. I've been trying to loose weight ever since November of 2019 when I started I was almost 300 pounds at 16 years old. To loose the weight I run and I did keto. But my big problem is my family is content with being fat, my mom is obese and my brother is kinda built like a gorilla. They are both ok being as big as they are, so they don't diet or exercise. This has led to me breaking my diet many times, for example when I was keto my mom would constantly buy ice cream and chocolate. I keep telling her that she has to stop because I have such a hard time stopping my self when I'm not thinking about it. I can sit there and eat 10-15 pieces of candy before I realize what I've done. I can't seam to get my point across that in order for me to succeed she needs to change with me. I can't just sit down and explain it to her because we don't talk about that kind of stuff, we are close but we just don't talk about personal stuff like weight loss in my house. How can I get my point across and maybe help her while I'm at it?

    Btw comment with any questions even if they are not related to the problem at hand!

    submitted by /u/blake_pendergrass
    [link] [comments]

    The Arnold Press - What part of hell did it come from?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    It has wrecked me. I love it. Are there any other movements that compare bit for different muscle groups? This movement is great, but I'm not going to be able to move my arms tomorrow...

    submitted by /u/Charezza
    [link] [comments]

    Macro breakdown for cutting

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    So i've cut down slowly over the course of now 5 years from 250lbs to my current 185lbs (i was fat. very fat) and my body fat percentage, if i had to guess, is sitting around low 20s, so i'm guessing my lean body mass is around 160-165lbs for like...10-12% body fat. Only within this last year did i actually start paying alot more attention to my macros as i was more focused on calories and pretty... ignorant of macros.

    My current macro goals are: 200-250g protein, 100-200g carbs (usually around 130-150g/day), and whatever fat i get i get (usually ends up being around 40-50g). So a 40/40/20 split, or like 45/35/20.

    The reason behind the protein is after doing some reading, watching some videos, it was suggested that 1-1.5xlbm is a good protein intake for maximizing muscle retention during cuts. So, assuming my lbm is really 165, that'd put me at 247.5g protein at 1.5g/lbm.

    Now, reading some older posts here, many of them said the same thing: dont exceed 1lb/lbm or 2g/kg. Am i going overkill on the protein here? I was thinking of reducing my protein by 50g and moving those calories into raising my fats since I was reading that being on a low fat (i think <50g/day) for a long time can effect your hormones/libido and, while i havent noticed anything per say, it's just something to be conscious about.

    As for my goals, it's to cut down to 10-12% body fat, and then i'm going to switch to building lean muscle/slow bulking up to maybe 175-180. But for the time being, it's to drop the fat and retain as much muscle as possible.

    submitted by /u/hobomidgetyoda
    [link] [comments]

    Weird question. Does an adonis/apollo belt have to be a part of being lean?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    As I'm progressing towards my goal I'm hit with an issue I would never have even thought of a couple years ago. I simply hate having that stupid v-line on my abdomen, I hate the way it looks and feels. I would prefer that area to not be so toned. Is there any way I could get rid of it while staying lean and still training abs?

    submitted by /u/Hy-phenated
    [link] [comments]

    Program Advice

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    Quick question. I'm in the military so I generally need a balance of strength and endurance. I've been running tactical barbell with various running programs(Hal Higdon, Jack Daniel's, etc.), but frankly I'm getting kind of bored. I'm about to start Hal's three day a week half marathon training, does anyone have a non tactical barbell strength program that pairs well with this? TIA

    submitted by /u/bk8083
    [link] [comments]

    Is a 17.7 BMI too low?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    I've been wondering this for a while now. Im 18, 5'9 and 120 pounds. I'm starting to workout to gain muscle and some weight but I feel that won't fully do it. I've hear people say "eat more" but If I eat like 2 sandwiches I feel full. I don't understand what to do.

    submitted by /u/madmanaround
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for lowering triglycerides and raising HDL

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    I received my lipid panel results back today and I freaked. I'm 28F, 5'10, 160 lbs. I'll have another follow up test in September.

    What can I do to lower my triglycerides and raise my good cholesterol??? Really would love not to go on meds. However, this runs in my family. My dads levels were in the 3000s for triglycerides when he first discovered it in his early 30s.

    Meds/autoimmune issues: -SSRI zoloft - 50 mg for panic attacks/anxiety -Recently have been diagnosed with mild narcolepsy and am on a medication to keep me awake at my desk and while driving only. -birth control pills since early teens. -I have Colitis and IBS

    So maybe these are factors? Dr. Suggested I looked into the Wahls Protocol and Dr. Mark Hyman?

    Results:

    Triglycerides: 823 (HOW!?!!!) HDL: 24 (this has been a huge problem of mine for the past 13 or so years...I have never been able to get it past 39 but it has lowered) Overall Cholesterol : 244

    submitted by /u/kitkattt92
    [link] [comments]

    Is Gaining Some Weight Normal When You Start A New Activity?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Hello! I am a 19 year-old girl (163cm) who just picked up running four days ago, and so far it has been the most enjoyable activity I've ever done. I am dieting and has been for the past five months and I have faced multiple plateaus after starting some new exercises, one has even lasted one whole month after I started doing some weightlifting, but I have never been in the situation I am in now.

    When I started running the first day, I was 71.2kg, and on the second day I became 71.4kg. Yesterday was my third day and I weighed in 71.1kg and today I weighed in 71.5kg. I am a very mindful eater and have done CICO for three months but switched to intuitive eating after because counting cals became a major trigger for binging. Intuitive eating helped me drop from 78.3kg to the 71.5kg I am now in, and thanks to the three months of CICO, I have very clear idea about macros in many foods and their calories, portion control and the food that suit my digestive system.

    Is this a normal occurence? To fluctuate this much while still dieting?

    submitted by /u/Doukaim
    [link] [comments]

    Bulgarian split squats with elevated heel possible?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    I have a pair of Nike Romaleos that I keep on for leg day. I want to add Bulgarian split squats as an accessory. Is there any advantage/disadvantage when using an elevated heel with BSS? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Bunk_Skunk
    [link] [comments]

    Shifting from bodyweight exercises to bodyweight + dumbbell exercises. Is it necessary to divide up muscle groups per day or I can do two groups in a day?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Back story: I weighed 187lbs at the end of February. And then the lockdown/quarantine happened in our country. Due to lack of fast food/junk food, I started loosing weight automatically. Because I was only eating homemade, good food. At the end of March I weighed 170lbs. So I figured, why not help the weight loss by some exercises? So I started doing bodyweight workout. Basic push-ups, pull-ups.

    Then I started doing some advanced push-ups such as decline, diamond, elevated like pushups to target more muscles.

    Currently I was doing: Feet elevated pushups (15x3) Normal pushups (15x3) Inclined diamond pushups (15x3) Elevated pike pushups (8x3) Pike presses (10x3) Basic pull-ups (8x3) Russian pull-ups (8x3)

    Recently I purchased dumbbells because now I am addicted to fitness. Now I want suggestions of how to divide muscle groups per day and the ideal rest/gap days for a muscle group. I will be doing dumbbells and bodyweight exercises. But since I have more options now and more ways to target a single muscle group, what should the next step?

    Any help would be greatly helpful.

    submitted by /u/muxammle
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 03, 2020

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Should I do isolation exercises as a 15 year old?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I'm not new to lifting but I know that I should be focusing on compound lifts and I have been but would isolation exercises benefit me at all or should I just stick with compound movements? I built some good strength and mind to muscle already.

    submitted by /u/Scrub-papa
    [link] [comments]

    Forearm Hypertrophy - concentric or isometric work?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am willing to restart hang-boarding but before going into that with the normal protocols (min edge/max hangs) I would like to work on the hypertrophy of the forearm first.

    I read some posts about forearm hypertrophy and they all suggest resistance exercises with barbell and the like. e.g.

    What are my options for working on hypertrophy if I only have a couple of dumbbells and an hangboard at home?

    Am I wasting my time in trying to achieve hypertrophy with isometric hangboard work only?

    submitted by /u/iRockClimb
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing for 5 day hike

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I have never been a very fit person- I'm am a 24 year old female and although Im thin, Im extremely out of shape. I've never been athletic. I really enjoy being outdoors and hiking though. In the middle of July myself and two of my male friends are going on a 5 day hike on the ACT. They are both extremely fit and want to average roughly 10 miles a day. They know my level of fitness and are okay with slowing the pace for me.

    I want to be in my best shape for this trip so I'm trying to get in the best shape I can be in so I don't slow them down too much. I wanted to know what I should be doing.

    For the past two week I've been riding my bike about every other day. I average about 7-11 miles at 10 mph. It's been good- my thighs get super sore quick and I occasionally get a bit dizzy towards the end but I can always make it home.

    I absolutely don't like running but I will do it if you guys think it's necessary. I'm not worried about walking for long periods of time on the trail- I can walk forever. I'm mostly worried about the elevation and wearing myself out going uphill.

    What would you guys do to prepare if you were me?

    submitted by /u/late___bloomer
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 02, 2020

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment