• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 09, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 09, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The boost when you start working out

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Usually when you start seriously working out for the first time you get gains faster than usual. Over quarantine I've kinda lost everything and become a complete couch potato, now will I get the same effect I did when I started working out?

    submitted by /u/Jackalope265
    [link] [comments]

    Former fatass here. Just started running regularly. It hurts so good. But is there anything I can do to avoid the pain or is it normal?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    It's right around the knee area. If I sit into a sort of slav-squat position after a run, it seems to stretch me out and also hurt like hell. I've been lifting weights regularly for like a year and a half now and I haven't had this kind of soreness. I run between 2 and 3 miles a day. I've truly never ran regularly in my life at all until now, so I don't know if it's my body adjusting or if it's a real problem. Thanks for insight.

    submitted by /u/Mister_Sasquatch
    [link] [comments]

    Almost shit myself after every workout

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    So I'm working 9ut every other day since 1 month now and everytime I'm done with my workout I get kinda nauseas and lightheaded (light seem more bright too). I then proceed too lay down and think about my life choices and I get a slight pain in my intestine, pressure keeps getting bigger and I'm seriously almost about to shit myself before I reach the toilet. This happens 8 out of 10 times

    What could this be? Am I working out too intense for a beginner? I'm drinking water while exercising if that matters

    submitted by /u/Ganiator
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such thing as a lower, middle, and upper chest?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Hello, I've been trying to grow a bigger chest; I'm currently in recomp and this might just be a body fat issue but I'm not sure. Either way this is information that I will need later on.

    I've been researching and have been told that the pec muscles are divided into an upper middle and lower section, when I view my chest the middle section of my chest looks more developed than the lower and upper sections.

    I always concluded that this was a body fat issue or an issue of me only doing regular pushups which apparently only work the middle section of the pecs.

    This seemed like a fairly simple problem to fix as I could just do a different variation of push-up but I have also came across information saying that there is only a pectoral major and a minor and that it'll even out the more it expands and the muscle I build and that it could just be the shape of my pecs that I am developing.

    Thanks for any advice and information in advance!

    submitted by /u/PuzzleMastr
    [link] [comments]

    Cant fully extend my left arm

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    As the title says, I can't fully extend/straighten my left arm.For example, when I do chest press on machine I can do first 5 or 6 reps easily then my left arm starts to struggle and wont extend. I can't even complete my sets because of my left arm, right arm has no problems

    submitted by /u/Sphorxi7
    [link] [comments]

    What should i be doing to get a better butt?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Soo i used to love my body, i was skinny and had a nice round butt, just naturally. I got depressed, ate a shit ton of food, and here i am now skinny fat with a flat ass and just look like a gross dad bod. What should i be doing to revert that? I don't want to be super muscular, i know it'd probably be easier to turn this fat into muscle, but I'd rather look thin and curvy like i used to.

    If anyone has any advice it would be most welcome and appreciated

    submitted by /u/Mckaos
    [link] [comments]

    Preworkout with a hangover after a night drinking?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    I know caffeine and alcohol aren't the best mix, but i feel like crap and I don't see any way of completing a hsrd workout without taking pw.

    IS is safe, in terms of will it give me bad diahrea or nausea? If i had to rate my hangover it be a 3/10, no headache or nausea just really really low energy. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PriinceV
    [link] [comments]

    Bulking

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    Heyo!

    Male, 17, 62kg, 187cm

    I was wondering since i have been kinda maingaining during quarantine if i could start up a bulk here during my summer holidays when the gyms open again? I have a vacation during the holiday that is about 1 week and if I am bulking if its possible to just eat maintain that week and then continue the bulk when i come back and go to the gym the week after?

    I kinda don't want to bulk since I've eard you get fat and so on. It's summerseason and therefor perfect for being lean. Though i couldn't bulk the last 3 months since the gyms closed. Thats why I'm just going to go and say fuck it if possible

    cheers :)

    submitted by /u/Ditz3n
    [link] [comments]

    (18M) I need to lose that last ~5% of body fat, can I get some feedback on my strategy?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    I'm 5 foot 7 (170 cm) tall, weigh around 155 lbs (70-72 kg) and have about 16% body fat. I'm definitely not new to weight loss or fitness, last year I've made pretty good progress, reaching 16% from like 19-20% in a few months. And since then, for almost a year my physique hasn't really changed. I've gained some muscle mass from going to the gym semi-regularely, and I haven't gained weight back on because I was somewhat conscious of what I eat, but I was never really too serious or consistent with dieting or working out. Now I wanna change that.

    I'm at the point where I look great in clothes (I'm pretty muscular and have a great shape with wide shoulders and all that), my face looks fine, but my body is... ehh. I'm not skinny fat (again, I've got the muscle mass), but I just look like like a 30 year old guy who was in amazing shape 5 years ago.

    I'm only interested in loosing fat. I couldn't care less about gaining muscle. I feel like my face especially, which looks fine right now, like you wouldn't think I need to lose weight, would benefit so much from losing the extra ~5% of body fat. I mean yeah sure, abs, defined muscles and veins and all that, but it would be amazing to just look better.

    So this is my plan. The obligatory reduction in calories, first of all. I'm fine counting calories, and to be sure I'm not underestimating I always round them up to the nearest 100. I figure I would be fine eating 1600 calories a day, a 100 plus or minus. I'm most comfortable eating a low-carb diet, not because I'm one of those people who are like carbs are evil but because I find it WAY easier to eat fewer carbs than fat. And yes, I make sure to eat a lot of protein. Overall I plan on eating really, really healthy, just meat, green vegetables, Greek yogurt and eggs. No sugar or refined shit at all.

    I definitely need to up my cardio. By a lot. I'll focus on HIIT because... well it's pretty much objectively better to do mostly HIIT. I will go to the gym again as soon as the whole virus thing is over (it pretty much is where I live), and when I graduate high school in a few weeks. I know weight lifting doesn't really help burn calories, but hey, why the hell not. At least I won't have to worry about losing muscle mass.

    So what do you think? If I'm consistent I think I should already see a difference in a month? And if I keep it up I think it wouldn't be unrealistic to reach my goal in a few months. Somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5 is my guess.

    submitted by /u/Vilhjalmur4
    [link] [comments]

    Which muscle group is the weak one?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    So i know that muscle shaking is a sign of weak muscles but i am having trouble figuring out which muscles are weak in my situation: basically if i sit on a chair 90deg etc AND i clench my butt and push my hip a bit forward, i start shaking a lot and get tired very quick.

    Obviously it's something to do with pelvic muscles/glutes, but what specific muscles are causing this?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/sad23dd2qd3
    [link] [comments]

    I have horrible cardio and want to fix it

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Sorry for errors I'm on mobile

    I'm 15 years old, male, 5'10, and 135lbs. I've been skinny most of my life but recently started working out to get some of my newfound fat out of here and turn it into muscle and get bigger in the healthy way. The problem is I've had bad cardio for a long time, most of my life, although that isn't that long. I get winded from running just 2 or so blocks or walking up 2-3 flights of stairs. I would always feel horrible during the mile and that kind of stuff but always after cardio I've felt like I was going to throw up and sometimes I have. It's like my lungs just kinda sting and it hurts but I also feel like throwing up. I'm fine with the muscles, if my cardio wasn't bad I could run forever and keep going till I drop, but I don't have the cardio. I absolutely hate cardio and this is the one reason but I'm pretty sure the answer to fixing it is the same as always, just keep doing it and it'll get easier. If anyone could tell me what exercises to do in order to help fix this or if it could be anything else please let me know.

    submitted by /u/diebetic_children
    [link] [comments]

    Posterior tilt of the shoulder during deadlifts

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I know that you don't want to retract your scapula during deadlifts as it will increase ROM. But do I posteriorly tilt the shoulder?

    Will this activate my upper back muscles more?

    submitted by /u/young-pappyjr
    [link] [comments]

    When it comes to static holds, what duration is a reliable cutoff between strength and hypertrophy training?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    To start off, I don't believe strength and hypertrophy are a binary but I don't know what comes in the middle. Conditioning?

    Some calisthenics guys, Daniel Vadnal for example, suggest that 30 seconds is a good thumb-rule for a distinction between strength training and whatever-comes-after-strength training, but has there been any scientific research that has happened upon a fixed set duration, for optimal strength gains and optimal size gains? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ETerribleT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment