• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 26, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 26, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 26, 2020

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone actually enjoy the process of working out??

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Anytime I hop on the treadmill and increase the speed to start jogging, I find myself giving up as soon as it starts getting painful (which is quite embarrassingly soon) . Same thing with lifting weights. Do you guys genuinely enjoy it or just endure it? And how do I make it enjoyable? I get that a lot of it is mental so I'd appreciate advice!

    submitted by /u/amusedpumpkin
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for my lower upper body to have more body fat than my upper body which is more defined/muscular?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    16M,140lb/63.5kg, 6ft. I run and weight train about 5 times per week and have been doing it for about a year now but it seems nothing has changed. I eat clean and get about 70-120g of protein per day, 50-150 carbohydrates, eat bunch of fruits, and I try to eat greens if available.

    submitted by /u/footletus
    [link] [comments]

    UK current gym conditions

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Hey guys I was wondering how gyms would be in terms of having spotters once things reopen? As a powerlifting this will be key! I'm not too sure on the current guidelines (if there are any). I also understand that rules will probably differ from gym to gym somewhat, but I can't really find an answer on the net. Anyone else from the UK got a better idea? Also open to hearing from people outside the UK how the gym guidelines are like at the moment.

    submitted by /u/tamim1991
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ideal weight for my body structure?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Hello, I just got one of those fancy eight scales that give you information about what you're made of.

    I will probably check with my doctor eventually, but I wanted to know from you how this data tells about me and what my ideal weight should be. I'd like to reach 75kg, but I am not sure if maybe that would be too low - ending up looking like one of those skinny cyclists. Here's my data:

    Age: 25

    Weight: 80kg

    Fat: 14.2%

    Muscles: 49.5%

    Body water: 62.6%

    Bones: 4.8kg

    submitted by /u/LC2712
    [link] [comments]

    Shoulder-friendly tricep exercises

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Last year I developed right shoulder impingement from lifting weights at home and so I stopped my routine to help recovery. Unfortunately stopping meant that my shoulder never strengthened back up and so the pain continued, albeit it not as bad as while I was lifting.

    At the start of lockdown I decided to resume weight training but with a routine that would be completely shoulder-friendly i.e. neutral grip movements, using an EZ bar, no lifts above head height etc. At first this shifted the stress to my left shoulder as it tried to compensate for the weaker side, but it has now basically got rid of any pain I have in either shoulder, with one exception: as I progressively overload my tricep exercises (mostly decline skullcrushers or lying dumbell extensions) the weight is putting stress on my shoulders as I'm trying to resist pulling my arms 'up and over' my head.

    My first thought was to try and isolate the triceps while keeping my shoulders neutral, maybe leaning sideways over a bench with my bicep against the padding, sort of like a completely-isolated tricep kickback, but that seemed like nonsense and I can't find anything online where this is demonstrated.

    Any recommendations? I only use a dumbell, EZ bar and folding bench at home and I'd rather not buy any more equipment.

    submitted by /u/Dreamnought
    [link] [comments]

    Left leg feels longer than right leg, has anyone else had this? What did you do about it?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I have often thought I have one leg slightly longer than the other, this may be wrong but a series are things are happening that are all on the left side.

    When running my left knee hurts, when I pay attention it seems like the left foot is hitting the ground harder than the right.

    When doing core exercise such as hollow hold (great exercise for people with bad backs btw and a around very effective) the left side of my back running adjacent to my spine hurts.

    When sitting down the left side of my back will begin to ache. And can constantly feel tension there.

    I'm sure it's all running up from one foot being closer to the ground than the other. Even when standing still I notice my right foot is in a kind of tip toe position sometimes when left foot is flat.

    It's got to the point where iv stopped running much because my left knee hurts before anything else. It's really annoying. Has anyone else has this?

    Maybe I need an extra insole in my right foot (assumed shorter leg) to make them hit the ground equally. I might be totally off the mark altogether with the assumption that one leg is longer, but that's what it feels like.

    submitted by /u/Flewizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Bench wide/narrow grip

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Just looking for thoughts on the pros/cons of alternating wide/narrow grips on bench press.

    i.e. 1 rep narrow grip, next rep wide grip

    Or is it better to stick to one grip and then use another next time?

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/spicygermanlizards
    [link] [comments]

    How much do Synergy machine plates weigh?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Sorry for no pic, sub won't let me post one directly and I'm on mobile.

    My gym is full of Synergy equipment - Australian, so I'm guessing they're rounded to metric standards. Some of the machines have 15 plates, some 20. Some have plates that are even thicker and therefore obviously heavier, but if you're familiar with the brand I'm talking about the thinner ones... although if you know the weight of the thicker ones too that'd be great.

    I tried to google this but the only reference I could find claimed that the top plate was heavier than the others, which is obviously untrue in my gym's case because the top plate is almost always smaller than the others.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/Echospite
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on increasing vert for a 15 year old boy

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Hey guys, Im 15 going to 16 this year and I have been training my vert for almost 3 months now. However, it is still at around 19 inches and not improving. Any tips on how to increase my vert like certain exercises or certain foods to eat, and also how many days should i be focussing on weights vs plyometrics?

    submitted by /u/TheLousyOboe
    [link] [comments]

    Traps and deltoids

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    Do you think that big traps can make your shoulders look small or only when they are not symmetrical ?

    submitted by /u/pectorial_major
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a high volume low intensity. Is it feasible?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I'm doing bench press, shoulder press, deadlift and squats with low intensity and high reps eg. I start doing one set of deadlift of 100 reps using 10 kg. I then do 100 reps (50 X 2) using 15 kg and then I do 100 reps using 20 kg (30 X 2, 40 X 1). Then at the fourth week I do 15 kgs and 20 kgs to failure. If I manage to do 100 reps of 15 kg without a break, I'll increment the set by 5 kg. 15 kg X 100, 20 kg X 100 (50 X 2), 25 kg (30 X 2 , 40 X 1). I'm incrementing weights for deadlift and squats by 5 kgs and shoulder press and bench press by 2.5 kg. My goal is to reach 20 kg X 100 as the first set currently. I'm doing this because I don't have access to weights near my 1 RM. Is it feasible.

    submitted by /u/Sigmundfreud4444
    [link] [comments]

    How can i do close legged legpress without squeezing my balls?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    My workout program yesterday consisted of doing the german volume training (10 sets & 10 reps) and in the program they said i should do legpress. I wanted to do a variation of the workout since i have always heard that close legged legpress or narrow stance legpress will train my quads more efficiently. But when i started doing it, my balls keep getting in an uncomfortable position and it feels like im squeezing the hell out of them... I tried keeping my feet close to each other while my knees were a little bit apart, it helped a bit but I dont know if its good for my legs if they arent straight forward when the knees are not in a straight position. Any recommendations for me? Remember im doing 10 sets of ball aching legpress, it could help if they were in a more comfortable position.

    submitted by /u/Zorro_96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment