• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Super easy stretch to do after/ before a workout or as an introduction to stretches and working your abs.

    Beginner Fitness: Super easy stretch to do after/ before a workout or as an introduction to stretches and working your abs.


    Super easy stretch to do after/ before a workout or as an introduction to stretches and working your abs.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Resistance Training for Beginners

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Have you ever considered resistance training? Resistance training is any exercise that causes the muscles to contract against an external force with an increase in intensity, strength and endurance. Read more about it at https://fitnwellness.com/blogs/news/benefits-of-resistance-training

    submitted by /u/sohfihamid
    [link] [comments]

    So, I'm trying to help a friend (girl) start training, but the only thing I've been doing is calisthenics. Help?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    So I've wanted to make like a training plan for this friend of mine. She's not happy with her bodyweight (shes like slightly heavier than the average female and most of it is boobs). So shes got SOME equipment to train at her house, light dumbells, heavier dumbells, her bro's stuff pretty much. So a plan where its mainly either training with light dumbells or just straight up calisthenics but focused on weight loss.

    To kind of summarize, a weight loss program for a beginner, and one that's been tested by any of you. Doesn't have to be like a video, probably would be better custom made. Shes 16 btw (if that's important).

    submitted by /u/MemoryController
    [link] [comments]

    Question from complete noob.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    I want to start a stamina/endurance focused plan. Can y'all point me towards some good food/diet choices for that?

    submitted by /u/J_spec6
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everybody JOIN ME FOR TODAYS AB WORKOUT!!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Happy mother's day to all the moms abs

    submitted by /u/YoureWorthItCoaching
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Fitness Advice

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    My name is Rachel and I'm kind of stuck and I could really use some help.

    I am 36, 5'2 and 144 pounds. I am not heavy... but definitely curvy with an hour-glass figure.

    Before our current situation I had a gym membership and would go about 4 times a week for 45 minutes and just do random machines and 20 minutes of running. I never really lost weight, just maintained.

    Since my gym has closed, I have begun using the free app "fitness blender" and LOVE it! I don't think I am going to renew my gym membership. For those of you not familiar with the app, it has an incredible selection of anything from kick boxing to pilates/yoga, to HITT, Cardio... pretty much anything you may be looking for. I'm kind of a novice, so I stick with HITT/Cardio/Kickboxing routines usually lasting from 25-35 minutes depending on how I am feeling that day.

    In order to get the most out of things, I have paired this with the My Fitness Pal app and count my calories every day. I have listed that I'd like to lose 10 pounds and it has adjusted my intake for that.

    So, the problem is this: I have been doing this since around March 19th, working out at least 6 times a day and every day using the calorie counter.

    I've seen a slight flattening of my belly... but my weight fluctuates from 143-139... that is it!

    Here is where I think the issue may be...

    I use my calorie counter religiously, but I tend to go all out for dinner. I LOVE to cook, so I will plan my meals around what I'm making for dinner. Usually a massive chunk of my calories go to dinner. My portion size has gone down significantly and I don't snack (even on veggies, cheese, fruits) throughout the day like usual, but I don't have the calories. I usually have enough for a nice breakfast and coffee (for example today I had a banana/oat/peanutbutter smoothie)

    I'm not 100% sure this is the reason I for my non-exsistant weight loss (I'm always under for calories for the day, not by many... but by some). I guess I just need a little guidance as to keep up what I'm doing and perhaps modifying a thing or two to jump start this weight loss.

    Help! And many thanks !!!!!

    For people who need a little more info, below is the workout I did today... so you get an idea of the kind of routines that are on the site:

    Abs, Obliques and Lower Back Workout
    45 Seconds on, 15 rest
    Crunch: Leg Drop Toe Touch
    Plank: Plank + Knee
    HIIT/Cardio: Switchfoot Burpee
    Pilates: Toe Taps
    Back: Walkdown Backbows
    Burnout: Flutterkick

    Crunch: 3 Way Crunch
    Plank: Plank Jack + Leg Raise
    HIIT/Cardio: 3 Butt Kicker Drops
    Pilates: Pilates Saw
    Back: Bird Dog
    Burnout: Plank

    Crunch: Bridge + Toe Touch
    Plank: Plank Up Downs
    HIIT/Cardio: Jumping Lunges
    Pilates: Leg Pulls
    Back: Swimmer
    Burnout: Russian Twist

    Crunch: Single Leg Jackknife
    Plank: Supine Plank + Raises
    HIIT/Cardio: Lateral Jump Jump Squats
    Pilates: Chasing Toe Taps
    Back: Back Bow Crossover
    Burnout: Toe Touch Pulses

    Cool down & stretch

    submitted by /u/Rlipko11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment