• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 09, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 09, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    1 year transformation, 19 years old

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Pics

    Posted the same thing to r/gainit yesterday

    Starting age: 18 Age now: 19

    Starting weight: 63kg/139lbs Weight now: 85kg/187lbs Height: 186 cm/6'1

    Lifting routine: My rep ranges aren't always specified, but this is the closest you can come to my program: Monday (Pull) Bench 7-6-5-4-3-2-2 Deadlifts 7-6-5-4-3-2-2 Weighted pullups 4x8+ Cable rows 3x12+ Face pulls 3x15+ Hammer curls 3x12+ Ez bar curls 3x10+

    Tuesday (Push) Overhead Press 5-3-1+, 5x5 Shoulder press 1x15+, 1x10+, 1x6+, 1x15+ Close grip bench 3x8+ Peck deck 1x20+, 1x15+, 1x10+ Lateral raises 5x15+ Triceps pushdowns 3x12+ Front raises 3x15+

    Wednesday (Legs) Squats 7-6-5-4-3-2-2 Lunges 3x10+ Leg press 3x15+ Leg curls 3x10+ Calf raises 5x10+

    Thursday(Pull) Barbell rows 1x17+, 1x10+, 1x6+, 1x15+ Lat pulldowns 3x8+ Pullups 3x12+ Cable rows 3x12+ Face pulls 3x15+ Hammer curls 3x12+ Ez bar curls 3x10+

    Friday (Push) ATG squat 1 heavy single Bench 6-5-5-4-3-2-1 Incline dumbell bench 4x10+ Shoulder press 3x12+ Peck deck 1x20+, 1x15+, 1x10+ Lateral raises 5x20 Triceps pushdowns 3x12+ Skullcrushers 3x10+

    Saturday (Legs) Squats 6-5-5-4-3-2-1 RDL's 1x20 ish, 1x15 ish, 1x10 ish Front squats 3x10+ Hamstring curls 3x10+ Calf raises 5x15+

    Diet routine: Tried to eat at least 3500 calories every day, aswell as getting around 150g protein/day, other than that, not anything special

    Feel free to ask questions :)

    submitted by /u/Kshuoa
    [link] [comments]

    /r/GripTraining is holding a towel hang challenge for the month of May!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi, Fittitors! We're holding another grip challenge this month! Link will be in the comments, but please ask questions here. Here's a copy of the rules:


    The Towel Hang


    Since COVID-19 has the world closed, we're doing another minimal equipment challenge: a towel dead hang for time.

    How to Hang:

    • The main challenge is a two towel hang, but there will also be a one towel variation for the less experienced grip trainee.
    • You'll need two full sized bath towels and somewhere to hang them.
    • Drape towels over your chosen bar, and hang for as long as possible.
    • Standard vertical grip must be used, which looks like this (one towel variation). The entire circumference of the bundled towel ends must be enclosed within the hands. No hook grip, the thumb stays over the fingers if they meet.
    • Watch this demonstration

    Rules and Info:

    • Time starts when your weight is exclusively supported by both hands, with each hand on one towel. Your time finishes when you support your weight with something else, a body part leaves the shot, or at least one hand leaves a towel. No hanging by one hand to rest the other.
    • Your entire body and the towels must remain in the shot the entire time.
    • Display the towels to the camera before or after your attempt for validation.
    • Same rules apply to the 1-towel hang, except you will grasp each end of the single towel.
    • Here's previous Towel Hang results from 2018
    • Post any questions/conversations here (Edit: Or in this /r/Fitness post).

    Prizes

    submitted by /u/Votearrows
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gymless tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t stop eating.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    I literally cannot stop eating. I am going through such a shitty time right now in my life and the only thing and gives me comfort and makes me feel better temporarily is food. I don't know what to do and it is making me feel even worse about myself. At the same time I can't find any substitutions for this behavior of making myself feel better temporarily you know. Its tough man and I am tired of it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks for listening.

    submitted by /u/Pastavioli
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is the idea you’ll get back in shape after prolonged periods of not working-out quicker than if you never worked out at all true?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    Wow that sentence looks fucked to me. Maybe it needs more commas. Anyway I used to exercise I started declining maybe a year and a half ago and probably haven't done anything at all for like 8 months. I must of lost atleast 2-3 stone. Is it going to be like I never held that weight at all or if training/diet is good can I get it back quicker than that?

    submitted by /u/Boop121314
    [link] [comments]

    Workouts that don’t involve using rotator cuff.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Anyone got any programs or specific exercises can do to keep the beer belly away that don't involve using my rotator cuff? I have been riding a stationary bike a lot and found hiit YouTube workouts but even those have done pushups/planks etc that involve using my rotator cuff. Lifting any kind of weight isn't possible right now.

    submitted by /u/baldymcbaldyface
    [link] [comments]

    173 cm male lost 22lbs 180lbs to 156 lbs (pics) how much more i need to lose to look fit ?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Hi guys i have recently lost +22lbs , and this is the first time i'm finally and healty bmi .but how many kg / wich exercises i need to look more fit ?

    I have seen huge progress but i still have "belly" , advices ?

    This is me now :

    https://imgur.com/a/W7mVz5z

    submitted by /u/maiosi2
    [link] [comments]

    Time between workouts

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys and girls of r/Fitness I got a quick question, I started doing pushups and squats between watching new episodes of my shows and I was wondering are those 30 minute breaks worse then if would just do them all at a time after I am finished watching? Or do break like that dont matter?

    submitted by /u/InHuman_ErrectionS
    [link] [comments]

    How can I stay inspired?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    I haven't worked out in a while since the school gym I used is shut down. It was helpful since I was surrounded by people who enjoyed fitness the energy and positive environment helped with staying committed.

    It's hard I'm sure you all know, is there anything that you do that keeps you motivated?

    submitted by /u/Buer7
    [link] [comments]

    Losing body fat while maintaining weight?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Hi,

    So there is a lot of conflicting information out there about losing body fat percentage while maintaining weight. I'm wondering if the right way to go about it is to be in a calorie deficit (200-400) and have refeed days every 3 days say. These refeed days would make up for the calorie deficit in essence. Would this work? Or would I just gain/maintain fat?

    I'm asking because I'm already a low weight, and don't want to get smaller, I also considered a lean bulk, but then cutting back down after. However I've seen conflicting results from this too.

    Any advise is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Salty_Earth
    [link] [comments]

    How do I best secure the individual squat stands for bench, etc?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Please don't flame about their quality, Australia has sold out of everything. I managed to pick up a 170cm standard bar which I can't find a squat rack that can fit (or a squat rack at all) so I got myself these unstable thingos.

    The most weight I'll be racking on this is 90kg, any advice on how best to secure the stands? I have heard sandbags, someone recommended buying plywood, using it as flooring and bolting them down to it.

    I got exactly these: Photo

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuA_gFeOvPs

    submitted by /u/apatheticonion
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I have a quick question. When doing a plank, is it proper form to have your legs joined together or spread apart? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Rishil_Emperor
    [link] [comments]

    Weights

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I have dumbells which can be changed into bench press with a bench etc in my room. Ive been lifting for awhile now and my arms are quite big. Currently lifting 25kg dumbells and 50kg bench press which i stopped because i dont have enough weights to increase it. My chest is solid but it doesnt look it in the mirror. I still have a roll of fat between im chest and my armpit. Is there any way of turning fat into muscle or would i have to lose fat and turn it into muscle. I am 15 btw if that makes a difference

    submitted by /u/ralfcoconut101
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have to choose between "speed" and "strength" muscles?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I've been reading a sports manga called Keijo and it's mentioned that when you train for strength your speed will go down and vice versa. Does this have any validity to it? If it does, what things can I do to train speed instead of strength, specifically for my arms?

    submitted by /u/clockdaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Huel.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I am trying to integrate healthier eating into my life and this research has lead me to Huel. What is your opinion on it? What does it improve on? Does it lack in certain fields? Would u say that it is a good substitute to food or should I integrate it with some meals? Any comment or tip or experience u can give in Huel would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/PuzzledTurnabout
    [link] [comments]

    Need help correcting shoulders

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/96kUBQP

    I've been doing stretches and this has helped quite a bit, my shoulders were messed up from carrying a bag on one shoulder only. I think my left lay is slightly smaller because my left shoulders is forward more than my right however my right should is hitched up. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/CappinBappinNomadin
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to change my workout constantly if I am already satisfied with my body?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Basically, I always enjoyed the "slim and fit" look. If I have already achieved my "ideal body", do I still need to increase the loads/change the workout to maintain it? Or can I simply keep doing the same workouts?

    I actually don't enjoy the gym that much. I usually prefer sports like BJJ and Swimming, but these are not ideal for achieving a "nice body" unless your training is extremely tough, and I want to do it just because I like them

    I am saying this because that means I don't enjoy the gym anyway, so getting bored of doing the same exercises isn't a factor for me. I see it as a choir and it kind of helps when all the exercises I do are currently easy.

    Logic dictates that If x amount of muscle is achieved with y amount of load, if I keep that load I will keep that muscle, but it's just strange to not lift challenging weights. Am I being stupid here?

    submitted by /u/KingKronx
    [link] [comments]

    Does throwing food at your body help with aches anddoing too much to soon?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I know we need to eat more to grow and to recover, but how can you discern if lack of food is an issue vs over training, or inury?

    submitted by /u/Zee_username
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment