• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 31, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 31, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 31, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 31, 2020

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is it healthier to eat 2500 cals and be relative sedentary, or to eat 6000 cals , but you do enough physical activity where in both situations you are 185lbs.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    Can also assume that first 2500 cals is the same food but the extra 3500 consists of a lot of junk

    submitted by /u/HellishDDR
    [link] [comments]

    How can I best set myself up for a strong return to sport?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Hey, hows it going? Due to a combination of burnout, working long hours and laziness I've been pretty much sedentary over the past 6-9ish months. You can imagine what that's done to me. I have previously been quite competitive and fit though.

    Im not working as much anymore so I've been getting back into it the past three weeks with yoga, light core work and some fitness+games and it's been great, but I really want to work into taking it a lot more seriously by planning how I'm going to go about how I train from now until Im at full intensity. I've never actually gone to the point of planning a fitness regime of any sort and never gotten into the gym to train. I feel like I'm working from the bottom up again so it seemed fitting to try and do it properly.

    So my real question is please if you have any recommendations to point me in the right direction for 1) planning a proper fitness plan and 2) making a strong return please post them here. If you just have a personal tips please post it, if you have a great video or set of videos please post it, if you think seeing a PT is the best idea, please say so. Any advice would be amazing. Thanks so much!

    Edit: Im in Australia so I slept. The sport is Ultimate Frisbee. Its mostly a game of fairly short sprints, high jumping and extremely fast turns/movements

    submitted by /u/Big_Boss_Bob_Ross
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So i want to get into chain/banded lifts but i'm wondering about something.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Using chains or bands change the weight of the barbell being the lightest at the bottom of the lift and Heaviest at the top. Is there any simple way to do the opposite? Make the bottom of the lift heavier and progressively get lighter as you reach full extension?

    submitted by /u/Curiositygun
    [link] [comments]

    The price of dumbbell plates

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    The price of dumbbell plates seems to be extortionate at the moment and I just wanted to know how much the price has gone up by (approximately) and whether it's worth waiting to buy some until after lockdown ends. (I'm looking to work out from home long-term.)

    How much would dumbbell plates typically cost (pre-lockdown days)? E.g. 2x15kg? At the moment 2x15kg is about £105 ($130/€115).

    A bit of an economics question, sorry, but how soon after lockdown do you anticipate the price will return to normal? Apologies if this is a ridiculous question.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RAGMWTDATW
    [link] [comments]

    Injured from Insanity Max 30

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    Last week I did 3 of the first scheduled workouts for Insanity Max 30. I was following the "modifier" workout session as it is the easier option. I couldnt do back to back workouts so I did every other day due to being sore. After my 3rd workout I tore my back right shoulder muscle. It was swollen and bruised. It seems that this workout is too much for me. Now I am stuck healing.

    Does anyone have other alternative workouts for fullbody? I am 31yrs old male at 5'10 with a weight of 240lbs. Thanks

    submitted by /u/thedudesrug1369
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to even out your chest using a barbell?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    I've noticed recently that one pec has gotten bigger than the other. After doing some research, I found out that I should be using dumbbells on chest exercises instead of a barbell if I want to change this. Unfortunately, the dumbells at my home gym aren't heavy enough for my chest excersises, and purchasing heavy dumbells isn't really in my budget at the moment. So I ask: is it possible to even out my chest if I continue to use a barbell?

    submitted by /u/ThePieGod7
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help with finding a source of knowledge for nutrition and muscle specific exercises other than basic squats and simple lifts?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    My Brief history, ran cross country for 7 years, then after I worked out consistently for 2 years and gained a considerable amount of muscle. I am now 27, and have lost my abs and very much of my memory, in regards to the best exercises that target the specific muscles and how to stagger them as to not let my muscles plateu. For the last 2 weeks, 2 of my daily meals have been salads w/ grilled chicken. I've adopted this way, simply because I was eating like garbage prior to this and this kick started my will power to cut out bad sugars and fast food. I have recently installed a home gym in a room in my house(Smith machine, pec fly machine, upper cable, lower cable, squat rack, and dumb bells) and am attempting to find an app or place of knowledge that can give me a variety of specific muscle workouts. I am aware of bodybuilding.com and find it credible, I would like to discover any other sights that may have different exercises they use. I am also very poor with nutrition and would more than anything like to find a site or some source of knowledge for food. Name of food-why its good/its benefits Or name foods to avoid as well. I appreciate any and all advice, I'm finally striving for a ripped 6 pack with every intention of making it there. Also I am willing to purchase a book if necessary!

    submitted by /u/Xrunner11
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone take cal-mag citrate pills? Does it work?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    I m starting my fitness journey and want to get into body building. I m looking into supplements to support it. Need some advice what I should get. I m thinking about bcaa, cla, cal-mag citrate and super enzymes.

    submitted by /u/rxr0207
    [link] [comments]

    For the purpose of gaining lean mass, is it better to eat at a slight caloric deficit with enough protein, OR to eat at a lean bulk without enough protein?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    I live in a household where the diet is mainly vegetables, fish, and rice. There isn't much protein in our usual meals.

    I have a bit of muscle in my frame, but still relatively skinny fat. My goal is to lean out: getting rid out belly fat while gaining more muscle mass.

    I understand that a recomp is the best way to go. But the problem is, I'm not exactly sure how to do a recomp if I'm not able to adjust the amount of protein that I consume in a day.

    So as of the moment, should a recomp without enough protein be ineffective, I am considering another option, which is to lean bulk without enough protein.

    Bottomline: the title.

    Thanks in advance! Stay safe. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/tamulmul
    [link] [comments]

    How to eat my macros?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    I'm 15, 110, 5ft 6, & 20% body fat with a goal of muscle and abs. I've been training but now I want to take my diet seriously. So I calculated my macros to be carbs 173 grams, protein 173 grams (I like protein)& 38 grams of fat. I don't know if this is right for you to build muscle and burn fat (basically a bodybuilder look) for my age and body fat.

    But that's not my question today. My question is how to I take those macros and split it up between my meals. Like do I divide it by the number of meals to get each macros per meal or is there a way dietitians (the good bodybuilding ones like Greg doucette who knows what their doing) use to determine macros per meal?

    submitted by /u/SavageTech2
    [link] [comments]

    'Iron Neck' - availability at gyms?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    There is a device to build the neck called Iron Neck. Is it a device that is available at gyms? It coms highly recommended but it cost $400 - $800 and I don't want to buy it.

    Has anyone used it? Have you seen it at a gym?

    submitted by /u/Loggerdon
    [link] [comments]

    How heavy of weights should I buy?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm new to fitness and I'm looking to gain muscle + lose weight. I am interested in some dumbbell only routines, specifically Frankomen's (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html).

    However, I only own a pair of 10lbs dumbbells, which are not nearly heavy enough for me. I am asking - What weights should I buy, as in a range (eg 25-60lbs or something like that)?

    I am a 17 year old male, 5'11", Body skinnyfat.

    thank you for reading. I apologize if my English is not good, or if this is a question stupid.

    submitted by /u/milk_way
    [link] [comments]

    How long do amino acids stay in your bloodstream?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    This may be a bad place for this question as I know most of you aren't scientist but I was looking for a answer and I read a .gov website on it but I cannot understand the smart scientist talk lol. Does anyone know how long protein chains stay in your body for after eating/digestion?

    submitted by /u/QuarterOunce_
    [link] [comments]

    Does strength come in waves or is it just me due to being somewhat beginner?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    So I have been lifting on and off the last 2 years, started going serious and with proper nutrition ever since October 2019.

    I noticed that on some days I just happen to have a lot of strength, feeling good and all. Weight on the bars gets increased and this basically becomes my new working weight or increases again. It's weird to me because the session before I struggle with that weight very much, then it becomes easy "over night", is that normal and does it happen to you as well?

    Here are my stats if needed

    M25, 5'10" / 177cm, 176lbs / 80kg Body fat (guess) is 17% ? Bench press 8x176lbs / 80kg Squat 6x198lbs / 90kg Deadlift 6x265lbs / 120kg

    submitted by /u/aimfoain
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to go on walks on your days off?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I usually take about 2 days off a week and my workouts are pretty intense. I'm a 18M btw in case it matters.

    submitted by /u/gryffindor928
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment