• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 7, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - PHUL

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - PHUL


    Routine Campfire - PHUL

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: PHUL

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 07, 2020

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Training for Neural Gains?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    If I reach a muscle size and leanness I am happy with, would it be possible for me to still just train strength and get stronger while looking the same?

    submitted by /u/The126thConquerer
    [link] [comments]

    Need help differentiating between these two proteins.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Hope this is the right subreddit to post this,

    Just wondering if anyone could please help point out the differences between these two proteins:

    https://www.ruleoneproteins.com/products/r1-protein

    https://www.ruleoneproteins.com/products/r1-whey-blend

    Which protein would be better for putting on weight/muscle? Thankyou

    submitted by /u/Cobbo10
    [link] [comments]

    Eating 350kcal under maintenance and eating a surplus of protein.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    So I was playing with my macros today and I need to eat 2,700 calories a day to maintain my current weight and 2,400 for a mild cut. And I would need to eat 223g protein if I was trying to bulk.

    If I try to stay at 2,400 calories while eating protein (and working out 4 days a week) would I be able to see muscle gains while still shedding belly fat?

    submitted by /u/nospmoha
    [link] [comments]

    How best to damage control after sugar binge

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Okay... I am not proud of myself at all. I've been bad this morning. Really really bad... As in multiple tubes of jaffa cakes and crunchie bars first thing in the morning bad... How do I salvage this? I have my powdered protein and plenty of green tea which should help but is there some other way I can stop myself ballooning because of this one sin? What do I do?

    submitted by /u/The_Loli_Otaku
    [link] [comments]

    Muscle Building home fitness equipment

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    With everything being shut down, going to the gym is no longer an option for many of us. I am currently an amateur bodybuilder and was planning on doing my first show within the next 6 months. Have been trying to do what I can with what little equipment I have, but I don't want to lose much of my progress and gains, and also help my mental health. What home equipment such as fitness bands and weights do people recommend to continue muscle building in this kind of situation, that don't break the bank?

    submitted by /u/RedbeardSD
    [link] [comments]

    Are full body workouts better for maintaining size than the classic 'bro split'?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    With no gyms open, I'm using my decent home gym (machine and 40kg of free weights).

    Would it be wiser for me to do a 2 day 'full body' rotation of like 4-6 sets to maintain size, or should i stick to the 1 or 2 muscle groups and hit them hard with twice as many sets?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/myusernamestaken
    [link] [comments]

    Will working out and reducing my body fat give me hollow cheeks and a more defined jaw?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I've been working out a lot more over the quarantine and have lost 5 pounds this week (I'm 18, 5'6 and weigh 155 rn) and I plan on working out 4-5 times a week along with eating a lot healthier/fasting. I know you can't target fat in specific areas to lose through workouts so total body workouts are best. But I was wondering if I keep working out, losing weight, and getting more lean will I achieve the hollow cheek look and have a more defined jaw?

    submitted by /u/throwaway655775
    [link] [comments]

    Bulgarian Split Squat With One Dumbell?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Hi! I have one adjustable dumbell for now. I have enough weight to load the equivalent of what I would use with two at the gym. Anyone ever do this? Any reason why it would be unsafe or otherwise undesirable? If not, would I hold it in one arm, or hold it in front of my body like a goblet squat?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/megustarita
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use a program?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I've been working out for a couple of years now (weightlifting) and I believe it's been going well but I can't help but wonder if a program would make a difference.

    I know the answer to this question depends on my workouts personally but I do wonder if generally a program works better than just a push-pull-legs routine that I made up myself

    submitted by /u/CaliCrunch
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a hail mary but are there any calesthenic jojo routines?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Okay hear me out.this video, and the jojos bizzare adventures series inspired me to gain fitness, stupid as it may be. Considering how the gyms are closed, what is the closest i can get to this routine through calesthenics? (I dont have weights at home and theres nowhere i can do pullups in the house) thank you!

    submitted by /u/justherevibin
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally overate almost 200 calories. Best way to burn it off for the night?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I don't wanna brush it off. Also I'm a beginner to working out

    I've been following this 7 day workout plan, on the 2nd/going to the third day now but sadly I have no idea how many calories those workouts burn :(

    Any tips

    submitted by /u/voidzbaby
    [link] [comments]

    Basic standard for a bench press rep

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    My understanding is the bar touches the chest at the bottom of the rep and arms lock out at the top. If I don't have a giant chest and and I can't get a big arch in my back when im benching, my ROM is greater than the guy with the huge chest and big arch. So what is really wrong with me doing a partial rep and stopping 3-4 inches above the chest. I'm only looking to get stronger, never going to compete, I'm 47 with a fair amount of wear and tear on my body and bringing the bar to my chest just doesn't seem worth killing my shoulders. Am I missing somthing? Is this standard based on competition regulations or somthing else?

    submitted by /u/imsooclose
    [link] [comments]

    Does doing activities overnight burn more calories?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    I'm an overnight nurse at a local hospital and for reasons we already know, I come home fairly tired. But shit, I gotta go to the store and get my essentials for the day/week. I haven't slept for maybe around 14 hours total (on my feet) and I'm walking around for an additional 45 minutes after that.

    Granted, my body is not begging for sleep, I can honestly take my time doing my things during the day and finally go to sleep around noon tops (my shift is 7pm-7am). Is the fact that I was up all night keeping a brisk walk most of the time burn more calories than if I was well rested and doing these things during the day? Or is my body trying to retain energy, thus burning less?

    I'm honestly just curious, i'm not a big fitness guy. I would go to the gym (during the day!) maybe 3 times a week, do cardio, some free weight stuff, and a cooldown.

    EDIT: I take a nice relaxing shower before I go back out after work of course.

    submitted by /u/MexicanGuey92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment