• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good “walking” workouts?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    What do I mean by a "walking" workout?

    I work about 6 months a year beside a cold planner (asphalt milling). I walk multiple kilometres a day but it is slow as. I feel like there is a wasted opportunity here so I have been doing lunges every other truck that we fill as I walk beside the machine and adjust my control box.

    I was wondering if there are any other exercises I could do in this fashion?

    Love to hear your suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Mcjordan88
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone running ~40mpw and can still squat/bench mid-high 400s and bench 300+? Advice?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Anyone putting up high numbers and still do a ton of cardio? What's your weight/height, numbers and how long have you been working out? How much do you eat and how do you structure your training?

    I got my lifts to 440/295/550 at 220lbs a 2+ years ago, but nowadays I'm more focused on cardio, getting lean - shooting for 180lbs - and high flexibility. 181cm / 5"11 / 24 years old.

    But I still wanna be a beast in the gym. And I wanna be able to do these activities concurrently, not season to season.

    submitted by /u/vstefan
    [link] [comments]

    Earplugs for gym?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I love going to gym classes but they play music painfully loud. I'm surprised how other members can be fine with it, because it sometimes feels like getting stabbed in the ear and is disorientating. Maybe I just have sensitive ears. What earplugs would you recommend when working out/sweating?

    submitted by /u/Ash851
    [link] [comments]

    Inner Bicep itch feeling?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    So I did a Arm workout like 2-3 days ago and now I'm starting to feel this weird inner feeling inside my right bicep mostly, and whenever I fully extend my arm out, the weird itch feeling intensifies and I sorta knead my arm to try to calm the "itch" inside my bicep. It kinda hurts but feels more uncomfortable than anything. Anyone ever have this problem?

    submitted by /u/Magic_AJH
    [link] [comments]

    How is keto sustainable?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    I have nothing against the diet, and I truly believe that along with fasting, there's no better way to lose body fat, increase hormone levels, etc. But I just don't understand how someone can live on no carb based diet for the rest of their lives

    submitted by /u/jbc1838
    [link] [comments]

    Can I have two "rest" days?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Currently I'm doing PPL every 3 days I rest 1 but sometimes I'm still sore starting de next PPL for example today is push and I have the triceps sore.

    Should I go for the workout or do other thing like cardio or practicing other skills? (I'm training push and pull mostly with rings)

    submitted by /u/Champurria
    [link] [comments]

    No more weights to add to my dumbells. I’ve been increasing my sets but is there anything i can do to gain more muscle growth?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I borrowed some adjustable dumbells and started working out 2 months ago and it only goes up to 5 kg. I'm 15 and 140 pounds

    submitted by /u/C_A_D_G_T
    [link] [comments]

    My right hip is higher and more forward than my left hip

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I've had this for a while but haven't really thought much about it but I should probably do something to fix it.

    If I stand straight with my legs together, I can see that the right hip bone is higher than the left, and my entire body naturally curves a bit bit to the left (so I'm not fully facing forward)

    Do I need to go to a doctor or can I fix this at home?

    submitted by /u/HoneyyBlossom
    [link] [comments]

    Stacking Ephedrine with Synephrine

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    I'm about to start using the Phoenix supplement from Legion Athletics, which contains synephrine. I've already been using the EC (ephedrine + caffeine) stack for years with great success and no issues. However, I've heard that synephrine is chemically similar to ephedrine, and I'm worried that stacking the two together may be redundant. Does anyone have any relevant information on the efficacy of stacking these supplements for fat loss?

    submitted by /u/Level_100_Gyarados
    [link] [comments]

    Am i fat?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Hi r/fitness my parents have been driving me crazy since quarantine started because of my belly. I don`t have a six pack or very visible abs and i am aware that i am not the most lean but i workout in the gym and have been doing so for like a year and a half so i don`t think i am fat just not cut. My numbersbodyweight: 80kg/176lbs

    height: 175cm/ 5'8.9

    benc: 70kg/154lbs

    dl: 110kg/242lbs

    squat: 70kg /154lbs.

    Before quarantine started i was trying to get to 85kg bodyweight. My goal for the end of the year is to try and bench and squat my bodyweight. I bought a kettlebel and i am excercising to keep the blood flowing and started doing core specific exercises which i have not been doing before because i thought that the big lifts will be enough for my core.

    Pics of ma belly: https://imgur.com/a/TYyZeSe

    submitted by /u/bitchinonions
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bad idea?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Let's say you're doing a PPL program and on your first pull day you do deadlifts and on your first leg day you do squats and next leg day you'll switch to front squats and on your other pull day you'll do sumo deadlifts. Basically just switching your first compound exercises

    submitted by /u/crunchypancakes69
    [link] [comments]

    Bench sit up and planks enough?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    I workout 4 days a week and do only this exercises for abs. Is it enough to gain core strength or should I do more?

    submitted by /u/Fran4544
    [link] [comments]

    Core exercises add to Chiropractic exercises effectiveness?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    So i recently noticed that my Chiropractic exercises that i do to correct my back felt better on the days i work out my core. Is there any science to the idea that working out your core helps your Chiropractic exercises correct your back more effectively?

    submitted by /u/tgs19943
    [link] [comments]

    Whole food protein vs whey

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Is whey noticeably better than whole food protein powder? I ask because I'm debating between the Redcon1 MRE Lite powder and a conventional whey protein and I can't find a solid answer online

    submitted by /u/BillNye_The_NaziSpy
    [link] [comments]

    Crazy Idea for Outdoor Gym?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    So I, like nearly everyone, am cut off from my gym. I like building things, and I've been looking into alternatives lately (no space for conventional gym equipment)

    I have a small concrete pad outside. I want to put 4x4 posts down, one on each side of the concrete pad. About 5ft apart. Concrete them in, whole nine yards. Basically beefy fence posts.

    Then I want to put an metal bar between them. High enough to do pull ups and use rings on them. Get rings.

    Then I want to get a separate metal bar to make a DIY X3 bar like this guy did https://imgur.com/a/EGvBuib

    Then I want to fashion a small wooden stool to place my feet on for calf raises with the rings, as well as incline rows and push ups with the rings to have my feet elevated away from the pull up bar.

    I was going to then put eye hooks at every inch of both 4x4 posts. These eye hooks would let me attach carabiners at different elevations.

    I was then going to get a load of resistance bands. Treat it like a dumbbell collection. Bands for every exercise and possible weight range. Those bands could help me do assisted pull ups off the pull up bar, attach the DIY X3 bar to all the eye hooks along the posts (eye hooks at the base of the posts for squats and deadlifts), and attach the X3 bar upwards to the pull up bar. And attach other handles to the bands for things like ropes for facepulls.

    I was thinking I could do with this set up:

    Bench Press on Rings

    Incline Press on Rings

    Shoulder Flies

    Chest Flies

    Shoulder Press

    Row

    Incline Row

    Standing Row

    Shrugs

    Deadlift

    Squat

    Dips on Rings

    Dips with X3 bar attached with bands to pull up bar above

    Pull ups

    Lat Pull Down

    Cable (Band) Squats

    Cable (Band) Pull Throughs

    Calf Raises

    Again, 4x4 posts. Fixed pull up bar. Free floating X3 bar with carabiners on the end. Rings. Load of resistance bands. Maybe some other cable handle attachments like ropes for Facepulls.

    Can someone tell me why this won't work before I go out and buy everything and disappoint myself?

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_SUNSHINE
    [link] [comments]

    Biking everyday

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    If I bike everyday for at least an hour and start watching what I eat will I start to lose weight? Or will I still have to do more?

    submitted by /u/hunterzack
    [link] [comments]

    Creative way to join two dumbbells?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    I was able to borrow 2x17.5 lb dumbbells and a 45 lb kettlebell at home during lockdown, and I'd like to be able to join the two dumbbells together so I can do lighter kettlebells swings, getups, etc. with 35lbs instead of 17.5 or 45 (kind of a big jump).

    Anyone found a good way to make two dumbbells easier to hold together?

    submitted by /u/agiddything
    [link] [comments]

    Cutting down to 1000 cals/day for a week

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Trying to continue my diet during this quarantine, and I'm curious what everyone's thought on this is. I usually meal prep for monday- Saturday, where Sunday is my cheat day. Typically I aim for 1200-1500 calories a day, but I'm looking at next weeks meal and it has me at about 1000 calories a day. Would that really be a bad idea?

    Stats- 24 M 5'5, 170lbs, trying to get to 150lbs.

    Meals-

    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a banana

    Dinner: Shrimp alfredo (12 oz of shrimp, 3oz of noodles, 1 container of alfredo sauce, .5 tablespoons of olive oil for shrimp)

    It seems like its still a decent amount of food. Usually I eat this, except substitute chicken breast for the shrimp. Would 1 week at this level be a horrible idea during quarantine?

    submitted by /u/2Reeds1Instrument
    [link] [comments]

    Be honest, was all the previous work worth something?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I'm starting over again in my fitness training. There have been many stops and starts in the past. Earlier on, it involved building up enduance on the elliptical, and upper body weight machines. Then it was DDP yoga, a 'hot' yoga program with some calisthenics mixed in. Then is was several on-and-off weight training regimes, where I got up into the mid 300's on my deadlift, and then something happened: I got sick, death in the family, whatever, and you go "Yeah, I gotta get back into it sometime." More recently, a personal trainer brutilized me with some HIIT-style training.

    I made progress in all of those, then, to whatever degree, had to start over. I've put on weight over the years, so it's nice to think my ability to begin in the yoga the same was I used to with an extra 50 pounds on me is a good thing is some way.

    But, I want to know. Honestly. Was all the push, effort, pain, time, and energy in the past worth anything, if I'm always starting over? Or was it a waste if I stopped? Is my cardio and muscle memory better now for having done that, or no?

    submitted by /u/MisterJose
    [link] [comments]

    Balance boards

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Looking for advice from balance board users. Lots of choice and not certain what works best.

    My aims are to improve coordination, balance and core strength for motorcycle track riding.

    Indo board and coolboard seem to be the big brands, any advice on what models, and if the premium brands are worth the extra?

    Hit me!

    submitted by /u/degreesoflean
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment