• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 8, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 08, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 08, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 08, 2020

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Training for speed - how do you do it. (I’ve read and searched wiki rules so should be ok to post here)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    POST CLOSED - My speed at the moment is sooo slow like a 5k takes about 43 minutes. The best I've ever done was 18 months ago when a 5k = 30 mins. I've read books and checked plans online. Can someone please recommend a plan that involves increasing the speed as well as distance? My first day back running was two weeks ago and I've only run three times but am increasing this. Thank you 🙏 in advance

    Update: my goal is to run the half marathon in October the last time I did that it took over three hours. I want to be able to run faster. Distance running I don't mind 5 & 10k's when I get back to running properly but I'm slow doing them.

    Last update: thank you all for your input I am going to try some and see how I get along. I don't know how to close the post and have been advised via another thread to say post closed. Thanks once again it's been a great community.

    submitted by /u/beingonthespot
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness for someone who fell off bad

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Long story short I'm going through a shit moment in life and want to get back to where I used to be.

    I am an ex football player where I was in insane shape, benching well over 300, squatting 400+, and still fast. Since than I have gained roughly 40 pounds(probably more because of muscle loss). I want to get back into shape but am unsure where to start. I have everything I need at home I think.

    I have a fitness air bike, squat/bench rack, curling bar, and dumbbells from 10-80lbs.

    Where should I start to get back to my peak shape? For reference I am 22, 240, 5'9.

    I have a fairly good amount of knowledge on weightlifting but things are not as easy as they were. I can still lift relatively heavy but my cardio is shit.

    Can anyone point me in a good direction to get back around 190 ish ? I know diet is important and I am more than willing to do what needs to be done in the kitchen as well as the weight room.

    Thank you in advance!

    TLDR: got fat from being lazy, want to lose about 40 pounds

    submitted by /u/Boba__Wett
    [link] [comments]

    Should I do keto or just stick to eating healthy?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Hey!

    Im 18yo, 181cm, 77kg and trying to lose some fat. I hate couting calories so I've decided myself to some sorta of diet like keto. But i dont know if i should do Keto or just stick to eating healthy(almost the same as keto but with oats,milk,rice,potatoes, legumes).

    What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/gueinibba
    [link] [comments]

    Exercises for someone with nerve disorder in Legs

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    I have a genetic disorder where I don't have use of a lot of muscles in my lower legs, mainly my calves. I'm getting into cycling, and want to safely do some leg exercises. I know squats are important, but I don't know if I can low enough to do them properly without undo strain on my knees. Any reccomendations?

    submitted by /u/Schlongdong_Dickcock
    [link] [comments]

    Training

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Can I train full body weight training everyday? I have been doing this everyday with the odd rest training to get me through this isolation. (It helps mentally) I don't normally do this as I know the benefits of leaving muscle groups to rest. Yesterday I only done legs but now I am considering full body again? Any suggestions? Used to be a cardio lover but didnt see the benefits like I do with weights, however I done have a bike and after weight training jump on it for a bit.

    submitted by /u/Hatsieee
    [link] [comments]

    Exercise bike with separate heart-rate and RPM display?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    I'm looking to keep up some exercise until going to the gym is an option again (and add exercise on non-gym days afterward), and I'd like to get an exercise bike. The problem I'm facing is it seems most of the less expensive exercise bikes only display one type of information at once. I just want something not too expensive that shows the RPM and the heart rate at the same time on an easy to read display. I don't care if the heart-rate sensor isn't super accurate either, it just needs to be consistent.

    I'd prefer to get one that works the arms as well but those seem to never have heart-rate sensors.

    I would appreciate any relevant recommendations.

    submitted by /u/Voidheartd
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly are freeform amino acid based whey proteins?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    They're a few protein powders on the market that are juice flavoured and described as WPIs. I tried to find info online but I can't see a thing.

    I went to the Fonterra website, where most are sourced, and I think I found the correct product but it kinda just says it's a filtered WPI from what I understand.

    However, bulk nutrients says they're vegan and diary free. It's confusing.

    submitted by /u/God_imma_end_it
    [link] [comments]

    What stance do you usually use when doing Face Pulls?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    I find that even with the lightest weights - using a shoulder width front on stance or even a wider stance pulls me forward and off base when I go to do the movement.

    However when I lean back slightly , and do one foot forward and basing on the back foot I can complete it much easier. Is this cheating? What stance do you use?

    submitted by /u/trianglechoke89
    [link] [comments]

    What would y’all consider my activity level

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    I can't tell whether to put my calories at 2100 or 2300 daily to lose weight. I went from regularly weight lifting to mainly cardio due to the recent crap going on.

    Age: 27

    Height: 6ft

    Weight: 190 with muscle mass/ probably 16-19% bf range

    Job: Straight up sedentary desk job working from home

    Exercises: Usually run 2-5 times a week(2 mile intervals) If I don't run then I walk around 3-4 miles on park trails or around my complex and do about 100 pushups/sit-ups. Rest days I might walk just a mile or 2 during lunch/after lunch

    submitted by /u/Darcynator1780
    [link] [comments]

    Type of training

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    For the past two weeks I've been doing full body strength workouts from YouTube using weights/stepbox ect. Yesterday I done just a leg workout for the same amount of time. Should I be mixing this up? I know alot of people train Back and Bicep and Chest and Tricep ect. I'm thinking doing full body(which I love) everyday is not giving muscle groups to rest?

    submitted by /u/Hatsieee
    [link] [comments]

    Should teens count calories?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I am not sure if I should be counting my calories or not. I always have a large appetite so I feel like it will be very easy for me to gain too much fat. Should this be a problem I worry about? For the most part I eat very healthy.

    Edit: I forgot my age. I'm 15 and male

    submitted by /u/TheOneAndOnlyGizzy
    [link] [comments]

    Does cardio help you do more reps when weight training?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Seems logical since cardio improves lung capacity so you can do more reps before your lungs give out. But maybe I'm missing something.

    submitted by /u/dreamingplays
    [link] [comments]

    What weight of dumbbell should I start at?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Hey guys :D I'm 170-175 pounds depending on the day and about 6 feet tall. I wouldnt consider myself very fit but been trying to run 2/3 miles daily and doing situps to get in better shape and was wondering what weight would be good for me for dumbbells and would I get results from just dumbbell workouts?

    submitted by /u/NightRaven1122
    [link] [comments]

    Jim stoppani's shortcut to shred

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    I would like to maintain weight and lose some fat. Do you think this program is a good option?

    .. Im a female, so Im a little bit scared there is more focus on upper body.

    submitted by /u/satan_is_my_bf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment