• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: [35,M] I’m 5 ft 7,” 190 pounds. Have worked out occasionally in the past but not seriously plus I slouch constantly. I feel like I would need one on one coaching with a personal trainer to do any sort of exercise correctly but that’s a financial impossibility atm. Suggestions?

    Beginner Fitness: [35,M] I’m 5 ft 7,” 190 pounds. Have worked out occasionally in the past but not seriously plus I slouch constantly. I feel like I would need one on one coaching with a personal trainer to do any sort of exercise correctly but that’s a financial impossibility atm. Suggestions?


    [35,M] I’m 5 ft 7,” 190 pounds. Have worked out occasionally in the past but not seriously plus I slouch constantly. I feel like I would need one on one coaching with a personal trainer to do any sort of exercise correctly but that’s a financial impossibility atm. Suggestions?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Two additional details: One, I probably should weigh a lot more then I do given my lack of fitness background and pretty poor dieting habits. Two, I've been trying to do pushups and squats for the past two months. When I record my form, the people in my life that know something about fitness rip my form to shreds but when I try to copy what I see on YouTube, I simply cannot seem to copy what they do correctly. Should I just focus on the diet and just walk/run to lose whatever weight I can lose until I can afford a personal trainer?

    submitted by /u/parodg15
    [link] [comments]

    Restorative Yoga for Beginners । 20 minutes Yoga routine for Beginners

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    [NeedAdvice] Trouble motivating my younger brother (19M, 240+ lbs) to lose weight

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Are you ready to sculpt,tone,strengthen your hips, thighs ,calves & even your toes?This is a Lower Body Sculpt & Control Pilates that targets the lower body.This is 40 minute Pilates in a slow tempo with demonstrations&mind body connection great for beginners to learn fundamentals of Pilates.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Exercises that work around rotator cuff injury?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    Hello all.

    Some background. I have scoliosis which has resulted in the past few years in chronic neck and back pain (in combination with working a desk job 10+ hours a day). I had been swimming several times a week for the past few months to help with the pain until a few weeks ago when my gym shut down. Around the same time I had noticed pain in my shoulder/deltoid, which my physical therapist thinks is a rotator cuff injury, probably from swimming (I was supposed to get an ultrasound but can't now due to current lockdown).

    I am working out at home everyday now (take one day off a week). I do about 25 minutes of yoga that is very focused on back, core, neck and gluteus. I then do about 1-1.5 hours of exercises also focused on core and legs (squats, lunges, superman, dead bug, boat, russian twists, bridges, some crunches, etc.). I also do between 15 and 30 minutes on my elliptical.

    I had been doing exercises like planks (multiple variations), bird dog, push ups as well but they exacerbated my shoulder pain so I stopped. I know the routine works for me because I feel sore the next day in places I didn't know existed but am worried that I am ignoring some parts of my upper body and that my body will get used to this routine. Any suggestions for exercises to mix it up that won't worsen my rotator cuff pain or place undue pressure on my lumbar area? Thank you!

    Edit: My main goal for fitness is 1) to strengthen my core so that I don't rely on my wonky spine so much for support and 2) lose weight to take pressure off of my spine and knees which I am doing mostly through diet though.

    submitted by /u/YugenSelcouth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment