• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Diet/Gym Advices for a Beginner!

    Beginner Fitness: Diet/Gym Advices for a Beginner!


    Diet/Gym Advices for a Beginner!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Hi r/beginnerfitness,

    I recently decided to better my health because recently I've been losing a lot of weight. I was just wondering if there are any resources I can start working with to improve my health.

    I'm 5'4, underweight (~110 lbs), have a high metabolism. Where could I start about changing my diet and building my gym routine?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Dwight8902
    [link] [comments]

    anxious and unsure of where to begin

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    I've been pushing off making a real commitment to making making healthy choices my whole life. Now, at 22, I'm starting to take baby steps towards fixing that. i'm very much the type of person that will allow my anxiety to stop me from taking the first step, and i'm trying to combat that.

    I'm pretty out of shape as I haven't spent real time actively making exercise an important part of my life since high school sports. I'm a bit insecure about my body and how little I know about how to function gym equipment, which has kept me out of traditional gyms. i've considered specialized gyms (orange theory, soul cycle, etc) because there is a time/person/event to commit to that will hold me more accountable (at least in my own head) but I'm also nervous that they'll push me harder than I can go right now, which will result in me shutting down.

    I like the guidance/ something to commit to aspect of a specialized gym, but traditional gyms seem to be easier to move at my own pace. Does anyone with similar feelings and anxiety have a success story that begins in a particular gym? What gyms have given you something to commit to and helped you self-motivate, but didn't push you and nudge at your anxieties and insecurities so much that you quit?

    submitted by /u/gah514
    [link] [comments]

    Well priced treadmills for increasing walking at home? (UK)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hi everyone

    My girlfriend is on a weight loss and fitness journey (she is currently 125kg rougly).

    She is wanting to build up to an hour or so per day walking on a treadmill while watching tv.

    Can anyone recommend or point us in the right direction?

    We've looked at the following:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TREADMILL-Running-Machine-Electric-BLUETOOTH-Folding-ADJUSTABLE-INCLINE-NERO-PRO/362556483331?epid=11023976625&hash=item546a0ce703:g:YNEAAOSwvjtcYt2i

    which you can connect to an app to walk through google maps i believe

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Treadmill-Electric-Folding-Running-Machine-With-Incline-XM-PRO-Dynamic-Bluetooth/291938116601?hash=item43f8de23f9:g:LLMAAOSw~u5d7X3~

    which has a much more powerful motor

    I know these both have a max weight of 110kg, but if she isn't running on it, should they be ok?

    this one is 120kg:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Folding-Treadmill-Bluetooth-Running-Machine-Adjustable-Incline-Sports/372821887764?hash=item56cdea8b14:g:oSkAAOSwWI1d8dnV and also the cheapest!

    Are there any others we should look at?

    submitted by /u/Themightybooper
    [link] [comments]

    I want to change my diet, what should I eat?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    38 M 215 lbs I sometimes do cardio. I want to lose weight and tone up. I don't have a gym membership.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/StrobeRogers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment