• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 17, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - GZCL - Jacked and Tan 2.0

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - GZCL - Jacked and Tan 2.0


    Routine Campfire - GZCL - Jacked and Tan 2.0

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: GZCL - Jacked and Tan 2.0

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why does cardio improve my mental health much more than weight lifting?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    If i do a few months of weight lifting it doesn't really help with my mental health at all but a few months of cardio can have a pretty drastic effect. Why is this? Could it be that when i am weight lifting i tend to eat a bit more food and i gain a bit of body fat which in return boosts my cortisol levels whereas when i do cardio i tend to cut body fat and become leaner which reduces my cortisol levels?

    submitted by /u/Nar8
    [link] [comments]

    Should I freeze my gym membership since the gym isn’t going to be open for the next couple of weeks

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Hi so I have a la fitness membership and they recently announced that they will be closing their gyms for the next two weeks. Should I freeze my account until they open again. Let's say a month passed and they still haven't opened will they still charge me a monthly fee or would they not charge bc they were closed for a month. Anyone got any info about this

    submitted by /u/ZojiRoji
    [link] [comments]

    Strength training: How are you dealing with not being able to go to the gym for 3 weeks?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    I have some 20lb dumbbells at home and a pullup/chinup bar. I also have an apartment fitness gym, but I'd rather stay home.

    submitted by /u/herotohero
    [link] [comments]

    How can I know if my door frame will support me?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm in the UK, and due to lockdown-lite, I'm hesitant to go to the gym, so it's bodyweight exercise time. The key to this, as people often suggest, is a pull up bar - but I'm a 6'4", 101kg man in a small, modern, rented flat, and if I break my door frames then I am fucked.

    I know the bar itself would support my weight, but how can I know if my door frame will before I waste money?

    Supplementary question; can I get by without losing gains with literally only my body, and maybe a chair? Press ups, planks, bodyweight squats etc.

    submitted by /u/Elton__Juan
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for Home muscle Building Exercises with no equipment?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Looks like I might be working from home for the next week or two at the absolute least. Gyms are closing around me so I'm looking to maintain muscle mass at home. No equipment but I live with housemates, will look into buying equipment online.

    Desperate for ideas, haven't been to the gym since last Thursday and I dont want to lose all my gains :(

    submitted by /u/leon-theproffesional
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth doing sets throughout the day?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    So gym has been a no go zone and looks foreseeable to remain the same. I work from home and can break my workload up to small segments. Lately Ive been doing a set of 20 bicep curls or squats or something around 8-10 times throughout the 8 hours work period. If time permits i try and do a quick hiit workout at the end of the day. So im wondering is it worth doing the sets with such large breaks or are there better ways to keep maintaining some fitness while stuck inside?

    submitted by /u/platypus_drumstick
    [link] [comments]

    It's Cutting SZN

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Think it is safe to say that for most people it is officially cutting season since lots of gyms are closing. Won't be able to lift as heavy at the ole homestead, but instead doing lots of bodyweight exercises. Yoga and stretching too, might be a nice change of pace! What are some stuff y'all are going to do.

    submitted by /u/Tserrof
    [link] [comments]

    Not seeing any growth in muscles.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    I've been eating and working out properly for more than a month now but seeing virtually no change in my body. As an absolute beginner, there should be some muscle gains right?

    submitted by /u/NRJ1024
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling a little sore in my biceps after push workout

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    So i am a beginner and doing puhs pull legs i am worry if i need to rest after my push workout before doing the pull, by doing legs after the push day, idk is this normal? should i rest or no need to rest and i can pull anyway? i did:

    flat bench 5x5

    incline bench 4x7-12

    db shoulder press 4x12

    lateral raise 4x12

    skull crusher 4x12

    triceps rope 5x5

    submitted by /u/1Falange1
    [link] [comments]

    From fat to fit , BEST tip I can give you

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    There is no magic trick , stop searching for miracles and lose 100kg in 2 days , that won't happen the thing that helped me the most was beeing pacient once you understand that this will take years but you have to be constant then your change will start. If you keep thinking that there is a secret I'm sorry but you ain't ready for a change yet.

    submitted by /u/scriiby
    [link] [comments]

    Possible body dysmorphia?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    So I've been lifting seriously for about a year now, and every week for me is just a rollercoaster of emotions wrt how I feel about my body. On some days (mainly push day, I follow a PPL routine) after getting a pump I feel like I look way too bulky, disproportionate, even disgusting sometimes. I would think my shoulders are too broad in comparison to the rest of my body, arms and forearms too bulky to be aesthetic. Yet on other days, I would feel the opposite, that I'm too small, skinny and would look better if I bulked up my upper body. It's only occasionally (maybe 1 in 6 gym sessions?) that I actually feel good about myself and can leave the gym feeling confident. I know muscle dysmorphia is a thing, but I've noticed it's mostly about guys feeling they're too small, and not the other way round like in my case. I feel like I'm at the crossroads now, unsure of which direction I should be headed towards (bulk or cut?). Looking for advice, thanks

    submitted by /u/cryhavocnletslip
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad idea to cut when being forced from Gym to Bodyweight?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I never really thought of it but is this combination a recipe for muscle loss?

    Going to be forced from a PPL routine to body weight. Will be able to do sets of pull ups etc all day long if needed I suppose so volume can be higher than normal.

    I was thinking it was perfect timing to cut! Had just hit 200lbs and definitely need to cut down. But now thinking I should maybe go maintenance instead until gyms are back open?

    I do have 15kg ish of stuff I can throw in a plastic bag / small basket to do most movements for high reps aswell, but figure most bodyweight exercises will have more stimulus than this weight.

    submitted by /u/duncan1234-
    [link] [comments]

    I've come across how it's "easy" to gain your muscle and strength back when you've been away from the gym for more than 4 momths. But what if you've not stopped working out but not been getting enough protien for more than 4 months?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    I moved countries 4 months ago and due to reasons...on most days I was 30 to 40 gm short on protien (of the 1 gm/pound target). The rest of the diet was rice, vegetables, oats and milk and relatively clean 95% of the time. I'm quite sure I was eating close to maintainence but can't be sure as I wasn't tracking as well as I was back home.

    I have been working out regularly although my tested three rep max on most movements hasn't really improved. My body weight has stayed the same but there is a significant change in body composition (less muscle mass more fat).

    Any of you guys experienced this before? I plan on eating at maintainence for a while and aiming for 1.5g/pound of bodyweight as protien goals. What happens after this? Is it usually easier to get back to where you were before?

    submitted by /u/boobooth
    [link] [comments]

    Do I eat more during resting days ?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hi I'm very new to this Are you supposed to consume as many calories when it's an off day and your muscles are very sore ? Does the stiffness burn calories ?

    submitted by /u/girlscloutcookie
    [link] [comments]

    Any help on building mass and losing fat?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    I'm a young lad who's lost around 5-10kg because of running for around 3 months, and i've been weight lifting for around 2-3 months now with 1 run every week. I've built some pretty decent muscle and have got more toned and thick on my legs and arms but i still have some fat on my chest, stomach and love handles. I've seen that i may have to go into high protein and low carb diets but i'm not sure what to do. Should i continue weight lifting 2-3 times a week (push pull legs) with 1 run or change it up to loose all the fat THEN build muscle? I think i'm nervous about running TO much and cutting through my lean muscle ... Any opinions or help is appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Oh_its_Mac
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, do you think it's more difficult to get fit after 30?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    I have read that testosterone levels drop 1% every year after 30, do you think it is more difficult to be in good shape after 30 compared to 20? What's your experience?

    submitted by /u/dragoriver
    [link] [comments]

    How long would it take to go benching 180 pounds to 225 pounds?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    I am 19 years old, 5ft11 and 175 pounds. I am fairly strong and have decent muscular endurance as I have rowed competitively fro 12 to 16 and done grappling and competed since I was 14. I have been doing weights on and off since I was 15 but as of 19 I have become much more serious and have invested in benchpress/squat rack and weights. I am curious as to how long it will take me to be able to do a 225 pound benchpress (Am doing 180 pounds now), a 315 pound squat (300 pounds currently) and a 400 deadlift (310 pounds currently).

    I currently run 5 sets 6-8 reps on each of my lifts
    Squatting 2 times a week

    Deadlifting 1 times a week

    Bench pressing 2 times a week

    submitted by /u/SnakesUnited
    [link] [comments]

    Any balanced easy 300 calorie meal suggestions?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Hi all, bit of info about me:

    20 year old 6''0 (183cm) male, hovering around 73kg (currently bulking) training on PPL split 5x per week.

    Currently eating around 3200 calories per day, but not gaining any more weight (I have gone up about 4kg in around 4 months). I am not doing any cardio alongside my training.

    I am looking to increase my intake to around 3500 calories - Does anyone know of any 300 calorie meals that are easy to make (or preferably premade) that are low in sodium/saturated fat and are balanced calorie wise? Thanks all

    submitted by /u/AnonNamedChad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment