• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 21, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 21, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 21, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 21, 2020

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Most Brutal Training Program?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    What do you guys think is the most brutal training program? Me personally, the worst I've ever tried was GVT. The 10x10 60% squats will send you too hell by the 7th set. I love the brutal training and want too see what you guys think is horrible too do.

    submitted by /u/EthanBaxley10
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Gym closures

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I usually do HIIT in the morning, and lift in the evening. 2 plate squat (low I know), 1 1/2 plate bench and 3 plate deads. With my gym now closing, I have to find some kind of at home program. I keep reading about insanity and P90X, does anybody have experience with either? Would either of those suffice in lieu of what I used to do?

    submitted by /u/in_uy_as_ha
    [link] [comments]

    best/easiest way to get barbell from ground to front squat position?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    i didnt get enough practice with cleans in the gym. i can sloppily clean 135 (in my apartment) but i dont really want to train squats in sets of 20-30. i can deadlift 335, front squat 235, i just cant clean much more than 135 especially since im afraid of dropping it. is there some easier way to get the weight from ground to front squat position? is it possible to "cheat" a clean? any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/reddit309
    [link] [comments]

    Macros!

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Im currently phasing from keto to a balanced cut. Anybody know how i should determine my macros? Ive heard online calculators arent accurate. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/kburr2944822
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone suggest a PPL routine with my limited equipment?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    I started working out about 2 months ago following this: http://archive.is/gMUfM. Due to the virus I only have a bench press, squat rack, and a few dumb bells, alll provided by a small gym that is still open at my apartment complex. Can anyone suggest a routine for me? I'd be going 6 times a week. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mitonator
    [link] [comments]

    Splitting your workout

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    I'm planning to do 1000 pushups and 100 pullups everyday but I'm wondering if there is a difference between doing your workout in one sitting, or splitting it up every hour(maybe 100pushups and 10 pushups) every hour for 10 hours. Is there a big difference?

    submitted by /u/chlee1222
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Can you guys explain how my body looks like this? 5'8/173cm with only 127 lbs/58kg

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    All my friends think I weight at least 145lbs, I dont understand how I'm supposedly very underweight and look like this.

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/aBehB9R

    Please help me, I really want to know how I can get rid of that belly fat to make my abs pop more, but I don't know if I should cut or bulk, because I'm already underweight.

    I don't go to the gym, I only do some dumbbell exercises and push-ups at home.

    Thanks for reading, and please if you can give me some tips ;)

    submitted by /u/xdfredlegit
    [link] [comments]

    Critique my only dumbbel routine please

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Hi
    So gyms are closed in my country. I bought adjustable dumbbelss (with 70kg load in plates) and a bench. Before gyms closing I was doing SS with nice results.
    I read the wiki and I even started to use [Frankoman's Dumbbell only split](https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html) but I didn't like the fact that I needed to change plates so often (a lot of different excercises and increasing weight through sets). The other programs look to short for me - but maybe I'm just wrong.
    Anyway I created my one routine (basing on things found in the wiki) and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I would really appreciate your help here.
    workout a:
    Bulgarian Squat - 3 x 10 (each leg)
    DB OHP - 5 x 10
    Tricep kickback - 3 x 10
    DB pullover - 3 x 10
    DB RDL - 5 x 10
    workout b:
    Bulgarian Squat - 3 x 10 (each leg)
    Bench press - 5 x 10
    Standing curl - 3 x 10
    DB rows - 3 x 10
    DB RDL - 5 x 10

    Each workout takes more or less an hour. I would like to do some linear progression here but not in every workout (as is recommended in SS) but maybe after 2 or 3 workouts with the same weight.
    What do you think guys?

    submitted by /u/by_value
    [link] [comments]

    State on lock down diet kinda restricted now, advice?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I'm more looking into diet aspect, but I have a few concerns with not being able to obtain food so easily now, I guess the biggest concern is able to eat enough daily to both conserve food and have enough energy to work out daily. I don't think I can eat beyond 1000 calories a day to conserve enough food, but not sure if that is wise either. Normally I just am sedentary and I eat 1 meal a day because of that. But it's usually high carbs and stuff with soda to fill in calories.

    things that are limited are probably fresh fruits and vegetables(though I have frozen vegetables and canned fruit), eggs, milk, and bread. Honestly I have a lot of carbs stuff which is easy calories and doesn't expire quickly like potatoes, rice, and pasta. But that stuff is stuff I'm not sure I should be eating if I wish to lose weight.

    The thing I rather not do is make trips often to the store just to restock on food items.. I don't like waiting in line or potentially being exposed to the virus going around since I take care of my mom whose health isn't so great and is in a very high risk category.

    submitted by /u/diff2
    [link] [comments]

    Bench press bar position question:

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Should you roll the bar towards the edge of the rack (the things that hold the bar) before unracking it and doing the exercise? Also, when you lay down, your eyes should line up with the bar correct?

    submitted by /u/mobambaa
    [link] [comments]

    As a skinny guy, is it possible to acquire a 'defined' look without eating heaps?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    Might be a bit of a tricky situation... My SO is into skinny guys, but finds them extra sexy if they've got a muscular look. I'm just kind of flat with a tiny amount of stomach flab.

    I love exercising and I've loved working out in the past, so I'm happy to do whatever to achieve a good muscular skinny look, but I'm not so keen on the eating shittons of protein part of the game. Is that part necessary or is that just for 'bulking up'?

    And if it is just about working out in the right way, I'd love some workout routines/tips to help me achieve my goal. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pm_ur_hairy_balls
    [link] [comments]

    Need workout plan advice

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Due to the closure of all gyms in my area, I've turned to my Extremely limited home setup and need advice for a full body workout. I've got a pull up bar and adjustable dumbells that go up to 40 lbs each. That's around the weight I shoulder press for reference. I realize I won't be able to do any leg work but that was my strong spot anyways. My current plan for a full workout (minus legs) is: Shoulder press Incline press Skullcrushers Pullups and variations Lat raises Bentover rows Bicep curl and variations

    Sets and reps will have to be according to the difficulty. Would love some advice on this.

    submitted by /u/Marading
    [link] [comments]

    are eggshells a good source of calcium?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    The quality of Milk is deficient in my country. The only other option I see is a calcium citrate supplement.

    submitted by /u/nerf93
    [link] [comments]

    Sit-ups and Tailbone Pain

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    I'll keep it short and sweet and I am training my numbers for a test that requires different workouts and certain numbers in a timeframe. What I struggle with is 50 sit-ups in 2 minutes which is minimum standard but I would like to be hitting 70. Anyway, whenever I try to do them at home I only have hardwood floor so when I lay down and go up for only one the bump which I assume is my tail bone just feels like a knuckle pressing straight into the floor and hurts like hell. Is there anyway I could fix this because just trying to fight through the pain is getting me barley past 10. A mat at the gym helps a lot definitely but I don't have things like that at home. I have tried different knees angles and things like that but nothing seems to work. Is the problem just because I am pretty damn skinny or because it's a hard wood floor or some third thing I haven't thought of? But I need to get these numbers up in 5 months and I am having trouble and getting no where currently.

    submitted by /u/30K_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Ankle weights that are individually 15 to 20 lbs. Anyone know of a solution?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    I've google for this and looked through the mess of products on Amazon. When I search for 20 lb ankle weights, it just shows me sets that are 20 pounds. Anyone had any luck with a product or something that is easy to double up but will still stay in place.

    I'm hoping to avoid buying 20 things to find one that works. Thanks and stay safe.

    submitted by /u/TheLoveOfPI
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a double d bar with 5.5 inch width?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    The gyms I have been to all have 5.5 inch width double d handle bars for pull downs or rows. However I have purchased around 6 or 7 from Amazon that all unfortunately have 6.5 inch width. A few even said they're 5.5 but they were not.

    I am not sure why it is so hard to find a 5.5 inch width double D handlebar for personal use. It's like they're only sold commercially or something.

    Does anyone know where I can get one at this size?

    submitted by /u/nobletype
    [link] [comments]

    At home workout

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    How much progress can I see in my butt and legs working out from home only with light weights and bands.

    submitted by /u/dogluver888
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment