• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 01, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 01, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 01, 2021

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How should I prepare for my high school swim teamthis spring?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    I am an upcoming sophomore in high school and I didn't swim in my freshman year because of COVID so this will be my first year. I've been swimming at my community pools swim team from like 5th grade to 8th but I've never taken it seriously so I have like okay form and speeds. I joined a swim team at another pool this summer but I'm only able to swim like an hour or 2 every week so it's not a ton. I've been doing some weight training and thinking of starting running, does anyone have any tips to get prepared? I don't want to be super slow

    submitted by /u/PizzaHuttMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Alternating compounds and accessories.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    I'm done bulking for now and want to add a lot of back, shoulder and trap accessories to my workout. I currently do a MWF workout that is 90 percent compounds with an accessory or two thrown on the end. I don't do much cardio (but I used to do a lot).

    What I'd like to do is add those accessories but not extra days. Will it be at least somewhat effective if I do one week of compounds like I do now, and alternate with a week of accessories? Something like Compounds: MWF Cardio: T, THU SAT; Accessories: MWF, Cardio T, THU, SAT; Repeat.

    This is basically my current workout. I am going to drop the extra calories. It helped me put on like 20 pounds but the extra weight makes it harder to run, etc. https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/ex-hardgainer-workout-eating-plan.html

    submitted by /u/ArtPast8186
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment