• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 4, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Where do I start?

    Beginner Fitness: Where do I start?


    Where do I start?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I want to start working out, but have no idea where to start. I have basically no grip strength and no core strength, 2 things I want to work on. I have free weights & resistance bands at home, and not currently a gym member.

    Or, are any of those 'boot camp' type programs worth it?

    submitted by /u/lindz613
    [link] [comments]

    Ring workout

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Hello So here is a ring workout program that I thought about and is the following.

    Pull

    Ring pull ups 3-4 sets x 5-6 reps Ring Australian pull ups 3-4 sets x 6-8 reps

    Push

    Ring push ups 3-4 sets x 8-12 reps Ring dips 3-4 sets x 5-6 reps

    Legs

    Ring pistol squats 3-4 sets x 5-6 reps Body weight calf raises 3-4 sets till failure

    My question is about leg exercises what do you believe? Also I aim to keep same amount of sets and reps for all but by adding weight as I progress.

    submitted by /u/TheoOG5
    [link] [comments]

    So about ab rollers...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey, so I bought an ab roller this weekend. Kind of an impulse buy as I'm not totally sure what I should be doing with it. So I've some questions I was hoping people would be able to help me with.

    Is an ab roller something that can help with weight lose? Yes, I know it's all about calorie deficit, but can someone exercising with weight goals get any benefit from it? Or is this a piece of a equipment for more advanced people?

    Is an ab roller something that you use as part of a wider routine or can you have an roller centric workouts?

    Does anyone have recommendations on resources for how to get the most out of it? Like videos etc of routines or exercises?

    Again, I'm new to it. No idea if this thing is even right for me, but as I said, impulse buy. Thanks for any help, it's all appreciated!

    submitted by /u/FigmaPhobia
    [link] [comments]

    3-day split muscle building suggestions?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Can you recommend an effective 3-day split WITH which muscle exercise to do? My goal is building muscle, but should exercise be done after one of my gym sessions or would you recommend one day with say 1-hour of cardio? My current plan, is something along 3-4sets within 45mins-1hr & no warm up..

    mon - chest, biceps, triceps (2 of each)

    wed - legs (incl. squat, farmers walk)

    thurs - back, shoulders (inclu. deadlift, t-bar row, arnold press)

    fri - cardio (45mins of Hiit class)

    thanks all!

    submitted by /u/RedLegopiece
    [link] [comments]

    Alternating lower body/upper body days?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    I go to the gym every other day. I start and end with 10-15 min of jogging/running (nothing too intense, just enough to get warmed up and burn some calories). My goal is to lose a little bit of weight as well as build muscle, I've adjusted my diet accordingly. I only use the machines right now, still haven't made it over to the free weights side of the gym yet because I'm still a little intimidated.

    In a typical workout I'll use about 3-4 upper body machines and 3-4 lower body machines (usually 3x10), then in the next workout I'll switch up which machines I use to make sure I hit all muscle groups. But I'm wondering, does it make more sense to do 6-8 upper body machines one workout and 6-8 lower body machines the next workout? My concern with this is having four days off between upper/lower body trainings, that just seems like a lot.

    For my every other day schedule, does it make sense to keep combining upper/lower body workouts, or split them up? I'm happy with the progress I've made in the past couple of months, but always looking to improve. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fitnessnoobie999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment