• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 22, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: What weight training exercises for which days should I do? (Body parts)

    Beginner Fitness: What weight training exercises for which days should I do? (Body parts)


    What weight training exercises for which days should I do? (Body parts)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Hi

    I am a beginner when it comes to weight training

    Yesterday at the YMCA I wanted to lift weights, but since I was following a day-by-day guide from an app, I couldn't do like 60% of the exercises

    The main reason I follow this app is to not injure myself

    I realize I may be a little too picky about the weight lifting, so I'm wondering if there are any programs or pages available which tell you which body part you lift for what day

    Right now I'm barely starting with the weight machines, but I could definitely move onto the free weights as long as someone guides me step by step on what to do exactly

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/rodolfodelatorre
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on exercise plan

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Hi,

    first post here. I hope this is the right place for my question.

    I've been exercising for 6 months now. I'm actually pretty satisfied with my results so far. However I feel like I'm plateauing. I did minor changes to my plan from time to time. This is what I'm doing right now.

    Mon&Thur:

    Lateral Raises (Dumbbell)

    Front Raises (Dumbbell)

    Face pulls (Bands)

    Bicep Curls (Dumbbell)

    Bench press

    Tue&Fri:

    One core exercise (alternating)

    Dumbbell rows

    Pull-Ups (with bands)

    Calf raises (body weight, both legs and single leg)

    Squats (Barbell)

    Deadlifts

    I'd like to stick to bench press, squats and deadlifts. And Pull-Ups, which I only included recently and I'm not very good at it.

    Do you have any thoughts on my plan? Any advice?

    Edit: I have a little home gym. I have a barbell, dumbbells, bands in different strengths a rack for both dips and pull-ups.

    Also, what is it with those programs you often see on youtube. Like 30 day arm program. I don't know how I would include something like this into my training. I usually spend about 1.5h per training.

    submitted by /u/stoneyericsson
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Avoid Making The Elliptical Move When I Step On It In Preparing For A Workout? THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION-I Just Suffered A Serious Injury That Has Crippled Me Since Last Night!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    I was at the hotel gym when I stepped on the elliptical machine for last nights workout. As soon as my left foot landed on the machine's left foot placement, the machine started moving right away and as I was struggling to place my right foot on the right side, the machine suddenly moved forward on its right side and the right bar handle (I'm talking about the handle bars you hold while using the machine that gives your arm just as much a workout as the legs) moved backwards and slammed into my right arms. It hurt so much I decided not to exercise at all last night.

    I now been suffering intense pain on my right arm since the impact happened last night, all day long today. Not only is carrying stuff around difficult, even doing everyday tasks that requires no effort like picking foot up with a fork has been extremely difficult.

    So I am asking how do I prevent a typical elliptical machine from moving the next time I try to use it when I start going on it. Is there a specific way of stepping on te machine or something? With what happened last night, I'm surprised these type of accidents are not so common!

    submitted by /u/LizTaylorLover
    [link] [comments]

    I need help starting with a multigym

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    \Insert sorry for bad english/grammar meme**
    I allready have it and I'm motivated to use it, it's just that I'm lazy when it comes to searching what exercises should/can I do and how many repetitions of each exercise.
    _________________

    Multigym Info:

    I'm from Argentina so maybe/probably the one I have is not in your country, the brand is "OLMO" and the model is "FIT 54". The oficial page is: https://olmobikes.net/fitness/multigym-54/
    _________________

    My body:

    I am 5'7 / 175cm (height), and 56kg. I have pectus excavatum and I want to "fix" it so I want to focus the exercises on my chest.
    _________________

    I went to a gym for some weeks before the pandemic, but i barely remember any exercise, so if you help me with what can I do, I'll search to do them properly.

    I'll be answering any questions if I forgot to write it here!

    submitted by /u/MobEther
    [link] [comments]

    Rest Through Recovery or Push Through It?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    I'm new to having an exercise routine, and in my first week. I'm a member at Orange Theory, which I love so far! However, on Tuesday I did my first "strength" focused class, which had a much stronger focus on legs and abs than the other classes I've taken. The other classes leave me feeling a bit sore and tired, but I left this past Tuesday struggling to walk my thighs are so sore.

    I have another class scheduled for today, two days later. I'm still extremely sore, and literally don't know if I could push through or if I'm just dramatic and inexperienced. I'm hearing mixed messages about whether I should rest and get back to it when I'm not so sore, or whether it's essential that I workout while I'm sore to build the muscle.

    Does this extreme soreness ever go away with consistency, or is it just part of working out? My goal currently is to go to the gym 4 days a week. Should I lesson that while I build up some strength and endurance, or is it important that I workout while I'm sore in order to get to a point where I'm less sore?

    submitted by /u/gah514
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment