• Breaking News

    Monday, May 31, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 31 May 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on exercises moving into functional training

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    For 10 years I have been between bodybuilding and powerlifting. The years have worn on me and now I find myself enjoying mostly cardio and some lifting exercises to maintain health. I do about an hour of Low intensity or moderate intensity cardio per day. Some days are higher intensity.

    I'd like to get into more functional training but the lifts I have found online haven't really been great for me. I have been doing a lot more active stretching, pull ups, push ups, sled pushes and core work. Any specific recommendations on where to find more?

    submitted by /u/MD-or-DO
    [link] [comments]

    Slow Twitch Vs Fast Twitch

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    If fast twitch muscle fibers are for hard efforts (like sprinting), and slow twitch fibers are for efforts like running marathons...

    Why is it that you can increase your marathon time by running 400m intervals?

    I've been training short fast intervals for a lot of my running career and just realized that I don't know how/why this adaptation crosses both barriers.

    Same for deadlifting, I've done the Dan John 50 Squat rep challenge (225lbs) twice, failing the first time, and the only difference was working to increase my strength through 3x5 and Dynamic efforts across 3 months.

    I know these things work by experience, but it doesn't seem to link up with what I actually have read.

    How does this work? Are there any research or case studies to back this up?

    Thanks for the help and look forward to the insight.

    submitted by /u/ToDoOrNotToDo22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment