• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 18, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 18, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 18, 2021

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to progressively overload squat

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm a 24M, 150lb guy who's been working out for about 2 years now. I started with a P/P/L routine, and transitioned into an Upper/Lower routine 2-3 times a week. Back when I first started working out I kept the weight very low on barbell back squats around roughly 95 to 100lb to try and nail down my form.

    2 years later, I'm up to 135lb and for the past few months one of two things has been happening with each consecutive week:

    1. I can get at the very most one rep more than the previous week with okay form
    2. I can only achieve a few reps less than the previous week. In the last couple of reps, my hips end up leaning deep all onto my right side in order to get out of the hole. I can tell this side of my body is stronger, and I've been trying to alleviate this by focusing on equalizing each side being used for all leg exercises.
    3. I get the same total amount of reps as the last week with good form

    To this community I ask: Is this more likely to be a plateau, or overtraining? I've been fairly convinced that I had solid form, but couldn't break past 125lb for almost 4 months before moving up to 135. I've been paying attention to nutrition, trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and have a rather sedentary office job 5 days a week so I've been doubtful of the overtraining aspect.

    Is a 25lb gain on a barbell squat over the course of 2 years even considered a plateau? I've been unable to find the answers I need through research and would love some advice. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TickleIvory
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment